Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-tuned - raise front?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-03, 01:56 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
I have the L-tuned setup and I am 100% positive that the rear is lower than the front. Not the other way around. The L-tuned setup drops the car about 1.25 inches front and rear, but for some reason the gap between the tire and the fender in the front is about a finger thickness more than the rear.
Every once in a while, I stare at my GS and think the same thing, but usually pass it off as the car being on uneven pavement. I'm not even sure what a resolution would be. (?)

Last edited by ///MDex; 06-09-03 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-09-03, 02:12 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally posted by Dex
Every once in a while, I stare at my GS and think the same thing, but usually pass it off as the car being on uneven pavement. I'm not even sure what a resolution would be. (?)
I don't think there is a resolution unless you switch out the L-tuned setup to coilovers............
Old 06-21-03, 08:18 AM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by TRD
My question is about the nose of car being closer to the ground than the rear of the car.
If the front and rear were at same height then dragging would be reduced.
I was asking if there as a way to raise front about 1/4-1/2 inch to achieve this.
Here is the answer

Insert a rubber hose into the base of the front springs. The thicker the rubber hose the more lift you will get out of the insert. Auto shops carry various sizes for different applications (heater, steering) and different cars. You should be able to choose for the right fitment, i.e. hose inside diameter

If you need to raise it more, you can add an insulator base to the existing insulator up in the spring perch.

You can do one or the other or both.

Warning that this may make the ride a little compliant on bumps due to the additional rubber.