Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-17, 05:18 PM
breakeroh
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

I just got the USRS installed today. First impressions...yes, im impressed, Approved!

First impressions - the steering is so much more direct and the front of the car's wheels deliever more useful feedback about the road conditions. Braking feels better, cornering is sharper, the reviews were right! I agree with the statements that this is a must do mod if you want a more direct feel in the steering and dont mind the added road feedback. This mod makes me want to go to mid ohio with the ISF again to test the improvements.
Old 10-11-17, 04:16 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,412 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by breakeroh
I just got the USRS installed today. First impressions...yes, im impressed, Approved!

First impressions - the steering is so much more direct and the front of the car's wheels deliever more useful feedback about the road conditions. Braking feels better, cornering is sharper, the reviews were right! I agree with the statements that this is a must do mod if you want a more direct feel in the steering and dont mind the added road feedback. This mod makes me want to go to mid ohio with the ISF again to test the improvements.
thank you for that feedback! I think the USRS is easily the best bang for the buck suspension mod out there for the 3IS platform!

thank you,

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 10-11-17, 11:17 AM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by breakeroh

Hey quick question, is it just a bolt on?
Old 10-11-17, 11:25 AM
breakeroh
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by leg3ndary
Yes, the lca bushings come in their own housing unit. The instructions are provide on how to remove the oem unit and then bolt the new housing unit inplace.
Old 10-11-17, 08:40 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Yes very easy to install. Just make sure you have a torque wrench, a feeler gap ($5-10), and some grease.
Old 10-11-17, 10:09 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 503 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by leg3ndary
Old 10-12-17, 12:04 PM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by specONE
Dude you're awesome! Thanks!!
Old 12-05-17, 09:28 AM
srv777
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those that have installed either the USRS or FIGs LCA, can you confirm how much longer your front tires are lasting? From various threads, it seems like stock setups have tires lasting 15-20k miles. So interested in understanding what is the improvement in tire life now.

TIA!
Old 12-05-17, 09:44 AM
BRiCCFLAiR
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While we're all here...

I plan on replacing my LCA bushing with one of these, which do you think is the best way to go? I plan on going with a camber kit regardless, but I like to make small improvements to the handling.
Old 12-06-17, 01:42 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Originally Posted by srv777
For those that have installed either the USRS or FIGs LCA, can you confirm how much longer your front tires are lasting? From various threads, it seems like stock setups have tires lasting 15-20k miles. So interested in understanding what is the improvement in tire life now.

TIA!
According from other threads, many are getting normal life span of the tire. I dont’t drive much and only put about 3k miles with the LCA bushings so I can’t personally say how effective it is yet. But i can tell you that I have not seen any hint of toe or inner wear on the front tires so far.
Old 12-06-17, 01:48 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Originally Posted by BRiCCFLAiR
While we're all here...

I plan on replacing my LCA bushing with one of these, which do you think is the best way to go? I plan on going with a camber kit regardless, but I like to make small improvements to the handling.
which as in fig or rr-racing?
you could definitely save some money if you can press the bushings into the factory housing with Figs but i feel that rr-racing is a better design and more of complete package as Ralfi explained above.

the front camber kit isn’t necessary if your car is mostly stock. But the rear camber kit could benefit well for optimal performace.
Old 12-06-17, 07:26 AM
BRiCCFLAiR
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
which as in fig or rr-racing?
you could definitely save some money if you can press the bushings into the factory housing with Figs but i feel that rr-racing is a better design and more of complete package as Ralfi explained above.

the front camber kit isn’t necessary if your car is mostly stock. But the rear camber kit could benefit well for optimal performace.
I do plan on lowering my car and going with a different wheel set up in the spring, but do you think a rear camber kit would benefit a stock application? Would love to learn more.

It seems RR-Racing is the way to go though. I'll definitely look more into the product.
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (12-07-17)
Old 12-06-17, 11:32 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 698 Likes on 613 Posts

Contact us for pricing for the RR usrs.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (12-07-17)
Old 12-10-17, 01:00 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BRiCCFLAiR
I do plan on lowering my car and going with a different wheel set up in the spring, but do you think a rear camber kit would benefit a stock application? Would love to learn more.

It seems RR-Racing is the way to go though. I'll definitely look more into the product.
I'm about to put a set of rear camber arms on stock suspension.
I think it would benefit in the fact that you can dial in the negative camber a bit more because its causing pre-mature tire wear at its current setting of -2.0+.
Old 12-10-17, 10:46 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Originally Posted by ClubLUser
I'm about to put a set of rear camber arms on stock suspension.
I think it would benefit in the fact that you can dial in the negative camber a bit more because its causing pre-mature tire wear at its current setting of -2.0+.
Anything helps with dialing the alignment. You shouldn’t have premature wear with anything less than -2 camber, it might be a different issue. My stock car was at around -1.7 in the rear and it had very little camber wear. Difference is probably around 2 to 3k more life on the tire if it was dialed to 0. Which is very negligible and it has to do more with how you drive.

With that said there are several cases where owners are complaining of premature wears lasting only less than 10k miles with or without lowering springs. We still haven’t figured out the actual cause of it. It seems like it has something to do with the wearing of the ball joint on the toe arm or when it wasn’t installed correctly.

Quick Reply: RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing