Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-19, 04:45 PM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 310 Likes on 238 Posts

Bought a pair of the FIGS Engineering 80d bushings (in housings) last year after reading about the problem and experiencing feathering/cupping on the inner edge of my summer tires (2014 IS350 AWD), and reading the CarFax for my car to see that the previous owner had replaced the front tires twice under warranty.
Finally got around to installing them over the weekend (think I pulled a muscle torquing that 150 ft/lb bolt). Initially noticed a slight increase in road feel through the steering wheel, but now not so much.
Really like the stability and less 'nose dive' on heavy braking. May have gone with the Toyota version if it had been known back then, but as of now I'm pretty happy with the FIGS.
Now just need to get a new set of front summer tires.
Thanks to this forum for pointing out the cause of the problem!
Old 05-26-19, 07:38 AM
Kron1ck
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Part number for figs lower control arms

So I'm looking to get some and don't want to buy the wrong 1 . Can someone please pont me in the right direction. With a part number and best place to purchase. I'm looking to improve handling. my 08 isf fells like it wonders at higher speeds anything over about 80 starts to fell unsafe like it's not planted Maybe twitchy is a good way to put it.

Also if there are other parts I should be looking at to help me with this issue would be appreciated.

I'm on stock suspension 88k so I'm sure I'm going to need to replace some more things also. I'm just trying to get my game plan together And could use some assistance
Old 05-28-19, 03:18 AM
geigerbran
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kron1ck
So I'm looking to get some and don't want to buy the wrong 1 . Can someone please pont me in the right direction. With a part number and best place to purchase. I'm looking to improve handling. my 08 isf fells like it wonders at higher speeds anything over about 80 starts to fell unsafe like it's not planted Maybe twitchy is a good way to put it.

Also if there are other parts I should be looking at to help me with this issue would be appreciated.

I'm on stock suspension 88k so I'm sure I'm going to need to replace some more things also. I'm just trying to get my game plan together And could use some assistance

RR Racing will be your go to here for the USRS LCA's, here is a link https://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Lowe...isfxlca001.htm
Old 03-11-23, 11:27 AM
ReedGreen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you this explains everything much better for me & your product.
You can see the axial movement in the figs video as it is pushing out of the bushing a little bit.
I'll order a set of RR for my 22 is350