Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

alignment problems with coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-03, 07:26 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default alignment problems with coilovers?

I have the eibach lowering springs on my gs3 now but the 1" just isnt enough. I am going to be purchasing a set of coilovers soon (dont know which ones) and was wondering if anyone has had alignment issues with a coilover that is set to say a 2" or 2.5" drop. With my eibachs on the alignment shop cant get the alignment back into factory specs, which is what eibach says to do. I can only imagine how difficult it will be with a 2" or 2.5" drop. How do those of you with coilovers get your alignment done properly? Did you have to buy a castor and camber kit? Do you just live with it and not mind eating up the inside of your tires? I just purchased a WIN kit from supratrd and was wondering if 2" was too low for that kit? thanks for the hlep in advance.
Old 06-10-03, 12:44 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Unhappy SORRY!

Sorry I cant help you with your question but if you end up getting the coil overs im interested in the eibach springs. pm me
Old 06-10-03, 12:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha, i have a set of tein HA for sale, how about that? let me know

anyway, with my HA, i lowered my car for 3 inches (only 1 finger gap or less) and believe it or not, all my alignment was within spec! well except caster, but you dont' care about it as much. you worry about toe and camber more.

with that said, the camber is still right at the limit, so you will still get more inside wear than outside, but that's pretty good

unless you go over very bad roads often, alignment once a yr is more than enough imho
Old 06-11-03, 10:03 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

I'm as low or pretty close to what rominl was and I'm just at the hairy edge of allowable, but I'm also at the edge of factory adjustment. No camber kits yet but one should be released soon.