Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RR Racing & FIGS LCA Bushing

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-17, 11:31 AM
Zosopage
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RR Racing & FIGS LCA Bushing

Are both the RR Racing USRS and http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/index.php...product_id=138 the same?

FIGS is almost half the price now. Is it worth to even get the RR Racing?
Old 08-14-17, 11:44 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

They are different products that provide similar performance and results. Comparing apples to apples the FIGS are not half the price. The FIGS bushings are (and always have been) significantly cheaper if you buy ONLY the bushings. If you buy just the bushings you will then have to remove the old bushings from your brackets and press in the new bushings. Unless you have the tools to do that yourself it is going to add to the overall cost.
Old 08-14-17, 12:44 PM
Zosopage
Rookie

Originally Posted by WylieKylie
They are different products that provide similar performance and results. Comparing apples to apples the FIGS are not half the price. The FIGS bushings are (and always have been) significantly cheaper if you buy ONLY the bushings. If you buy just the bushings you will then have to remove the old bushings from your brackets and press in the new bushings. Unless you have the tools to do that yourself it is going to add to the overall cost.
Here is the item I am comparing with: https://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Lowe...isfxlca001.htm
If I am just getting what is in the link in both, wouldn't it be the same exact process? I plan on replacing while doing a lot of work at the same time.

What else would I need beside the bushings?
Old 08-14-17, 01:20 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Getting the RR Racing USRS comes with the bushing AND housing so you can remove the old bushing and housing as one unit and replace it with this unit instead. With the FIGS you'll have to remove the old housing + bushing unit, press out the old bushing out of the housing and press in the new bushing.
Old 08-14-17, 01:34 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Zosopage
Here is the item I am comparing with: https://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Lowe...isfxlca001.htm
If I am just getting what is in the link in both, wouldn't it be the same exact process? I plan on replacing while doing a lot of work at the same time.

What else would I need beside the bushings?
With that from RR you need nothing else. You need to compare that to this kit: http://shopfigs.com/v3/by-vehicle/IS...91K-90-IN-BRKT from FIGS.
Old 08-14-17, 02:29 PM
Zosopage
Rookie

Originally Posted by WylieKylie
With that from RR you need nothing else. You need to compare that to this kit: http://shopfigs.com/v3/by-vehicle/IS...91K-90-IN-BRKT from FIGS.
Awesome that's exactly what I needed to know. It seemed odd because I remember seeing FIGS for same price in the past.

Any other maintenance upgrades with suspension you recommend while doing coilovers & RR Racing USRS? Car has 110k on it, 2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock except BBS LM 18x8 & 18x9.
Old 08-14-17, 05:09 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Awesome that's exactly what I needed to know. It seemed odd because I remember seeing FIGS for same price in the past.

Any other maintenance upgrades with suspension you recommend while doing coilovers & RR Racing USRS? Car has 110k on it, 2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock except BBS LM 18x8 & 18x9.
Get the new steering rack polyurethane bushings. It will enhance the steering feel some more. For $40 it's a great improvement.
Old 08-16-17, 09:00 AM
Yodog
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Alll I know is, if you go full FIGS, you will be astonished how transformed the driving feel is, and how insane the performance gains are in terms of handling/grip/speed.

I would go FIGS if you have the slightest idea there might be another future FIGS part upgrade down the line.

As for RR, I can't say but at least on paper it should be better than FIGS for that particular part but then again, FIGS has the golden standard reputation for suspension performance for Lexus in the after market world, I only heard of RR within the last year. Good luck with whatever you do and please do share your experiences / feedback / opinions
Old 08-17-17, 05:38 AM
jr4div2
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Any other maintenance upgrades with suspension you recommend while doing coilovers & RR Racing USRS? .
Front and rear F-Sport sway bars. Fantastic modification for cheap that really locks the suspension together.
Old 08-17-17, 06:54 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,387 Likes on 638 Posts

Here's a little illustration on what our USRS does compared to a conventional bushing upgrade.... we have hundreds upon hundreds of satisfied USRS customers, and we have been selling them for 2 years.

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 08-17-17, 07:19 AM
jr4div2
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^LOVE THEM on my 250C!!! Changes the whole feel of the car.