Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Is this the COMPLETE kit for fsport lowering?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-17, 02:59 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
oh god, what am I getting myself into?!?
It's not that bad, you go through with it once and you won't need to do it again until the shocks on the coilovers go...
Old 08-17-17, 03:05 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
Stock is life

Don't think I will go going thru with spending $900 on this fsport lowering kit. If anything just gonna go for the springs.
the drop is so mild w the f-sport springs, though.
Old 08-17-17, 03:09 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
the drop is so mild w the f-sport springs, though.
Yeah, its okay with me though. The car is my DD, and I don't want to put too much stress on the stock shocks/struts when lowering.

Gotta go for that professional - subtle look
Old 08-17-17, 03:25 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Yeah, its okay with me though. The car is my DD, and I don't want to put too much stress on the stock shocks/struts when lowering.

Gotta go for that professional - subtle look
there are always coilovers! if you're seriously considering the springs, i would save money and stay stock that's how subtle the drop is.
Old 08-18-17, 12:53 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this is what u you need
Shocks : http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-OEM-FA...8AAOSw~bFWJnqP
Springs : http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-OEM-FA...cAAOSwo0JWHTt8

I used to have this combo when i was running my full f sport set up : exhaust, intake, suspension.
F sport parts are overprice, Yes. but its worth every single penny u've spent.
Despite, being unable to adjust ride height and damper, its give you a perfect drop for wheels gap and daily driving practicality. IMHO, its on par or better than the RSR iSport. Did i mention that Lexus will honor the warranty as oem parts, 5yrs or 50k miles when u install at the dealership?
Old 08-18-17, 10:29 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sandiegoer
this is what u you need
Shocks : http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-OEM-FA...8AAOSw~bFWJnqP
Springs : http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-OEM-FA...cAAOSwo0JWHTt8

I used to have this combo when i was running my full f sport set up : exhaust, intake, suspension.
F sport parts are overprice, Yes. but its worth every single penny u've spent.
Despite, being unable to adjust ride height and damper, its give you a perfect drop for wheels gap and daily driving practicality. IMHO, its on par or better than the RSR iSport. Did i mention that Lexus will honor the warranty as oem parts, 5yrs or 50k miles when u install at the dealership?
Thanks, its a tad cheaper on lexuspartsnow.com ~$40 cheaper. Still its over $900 to do springs lol.

Kinda want to save money for wheels, so maybe spend ~$300 springs+install first.

With the fsport shocks, how is the ride compare to stock? Will it be absolutely necessary to pair with fsport springs?
Old 08-18-17, 10:34 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,207 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Unless you're spending $2,500+ on a set of good coilovers, this is the best way to go. The dampers you set are very little known and are extremely high and, robust, bulletproof, well built. The best in the business. I almost bought them for my IS but decided it's not worth it on a lease. If i owned the car, I'd definitely buy those Bilsteins. You'd be part of an extremely rare club.

WAY superior to 99% of the coilovers you'll see on this site.

Basically if the coilovers are not Ohlins or KW, they're trash. (there may be a couple RARE exceptions)

Get these. You'll love them if you don't mind a bit stiffer.
Old 08-18-17, 10:36 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,207 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Thanks, its a tad cheaper on lexuspartsnow.com ~$40 cheaper. Still its over $900 to do springs lol.

Kinda want to save money for wheels, so maybe spend ~$300 springs+install first.

With the fsport shocks, how is the ride compare to stock? Will it be absolutely necessary to pair with fsport springs?
The dampers are not necessary and do not affect ride height. It's for performance only. And it will ride noticeably stiffer. I'm using Tein H Tech (which has same drop as Blue F sports) and using Stock F Sport dampers. Rides and handles superb for my daily. Just a tad stiffer than stock.

If you want an extra spring to your step, go for the dampers.

The ride height change won't kill the dampers.

You go with those slammy boy springs, well... good luck.

Also the drop is premium. Enough low to make a difference but not so much low to make it look like a kid who got his first job and slammed his stock ride. I suppose this is why Lexus chose that ride height. Teams of designers and engineers know the perfect balance to strike.
Old 08-18-17, 10:46 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by E46CT
The dampers are not necessary and do not affect ride height. It's for performance only. And it will ride noticeably stiffer. I'm using Tein H Tech (which has same drop as Blue F sports) and using Stock F Sport dampers. Rides and handles superb for my daily. Just a tad stiffer than stock.

If you want an extra spring to your step, go for the dampers.

The ride height change won't kill the dampers.

You go with those slammy boy springs, well... good luck.

Also the drop is premium. Enough low to make a difference but not so much low to make it look like a kid who got his first job and slammed his stock ride. I suppose this is why Lexus chose that ride height. Teams of designers and engineers know the perfect balance to strike.
I'll like a stiffer ride, it will feel more sporty. I'm debating if spending the extra ~$600 on shocks or just the ~$300 on the springs.

So your lowered on Tein springs riding on stock IS shocks? Any affect/wear on the stock shocks?

You and I share the same ideology. I too, don't want an overally done car. I work in a professional environment, and I can't be rolling up in a slammed car with loud exhaust lol. (I have the fsport exhaust right now, good enough).
Old 08-18-17, 01:59 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

I drove with spring only and complete set. The shocks with help makes the car stiffer and better feedback when driving. You will save some installation money later if u decide to go with shocks. Lexus F sport team can have access to R&D data on our car, beside TRD. They know exactly what our car need in term of improvements.
Old 08-18-17, 02:32 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

I drove with spring only and complete set. The shocks with help makes the car stiffer and better feedback when driving. You will save some installation money later if u decide to go with shocks. Lexus F sport team can have access to R&D data on our car, beside TRD. They know exactly what our car need in term of improvements.
I've took a peak at your build thread. Did you run the fsport combo with '19s, how was it? Any issues with rubbing, speedo readings, etc?

And what made you change your mind to RSR coils, now I think your on air? lol
Old 08-18-17, 03:22 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

I've run it with stock wheels and 19" as well. No issue at all. I need to go lower, performace are the same between the two RSR a tad bit better since i can adjust a softer ride when driving parents and my wife. Yup im on air, because my wife cracked my seibon lip in half �� buying a replacement soon.
Old 08-19-17, 11:23 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

I've run it with stock wheels and 19" as well. No issue at all. I need to go lower, performace are the same between the two RSR a tad bit better since i can adjust a softer ride when driving parents and my wife. Yup im on air, because my wife cracked my seibon lip in half �� buying a replacement soon.
Ahh I see. I plan to get 19s in the future once my tires give up. (21k on the stock tires).

Asked my boy at Lexus, he could order me the set. Springs + 4 shocks for $847 + tax. Cheaper, but still pricey. Gotta sleep on it. Lol

Sucks to hear about the lip, that's why you don't let your girl drive your car LOL
Old 08-19-17, 03:05 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by otakusan
it's true... i took my rears apart 7 times to get the height I wanted... but after the 2 time around, i was able to do both rears in 45min from jacking the car up to putting it back down.. had all the torque specs memorized too haha

Coilovers is the way to go! Its a super pain in the *** adjusting the rears at first; I think I have it down to about a 1/2 hour now.

I may try a different setup and go with powered by max total rear suspension including coilovers which will allow a super fast height change plus fully adjustable everything. The downside is the cost.
Old 08-19-17, 04:05 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

just do it right the first time and get some quality coilovers. If not just get springs only.

Quick Reply: Is this the COMPLETE kit for fsport lowering?