Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Z06 front calipers on sc300

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-17, 04:45 PM
emLEX
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Were you able to reuse the SC banjo bolt, or a GM part?
Old 10-02-17, 11:32 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,250 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I've never felt ABS kick in on the SC, but the times I felt it in my TL or Camry was the exact same situations as you posted. Abruptly stopping for traffic in LA (and it's usually because someone is trying to merge at the last minute).
Those moments where I have felt it kick in were all limited to extremely rare circumstances such as those, as you've also noted, Blkexcoupe. Plenty of that in L.A. traffic. That was really my concern in bringing it up but based on what Jim has said I don't think he plans to take his SC into heavy city traffic very much where it would be even a remote issue. Once we have upgraded the stock brake calipers on these cars I do think ABS becomes an absolute last resort safety feature. Upgraded to the degree Jim has with his SC along with quality tires I would bet locking up the brakes would take a lot of effort.
Old 10-03-17, 11:09 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by emLEX
I believe you use the SC one to match the head of the brake line. Both calipers should be M10x1.0 thread pitch.

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Those moments where I have felt it kick in were all limited to extremely rare circumstances such as those, as you've also noted, Blkexcoupe. Plenty of that in L.A. traffic. That was really my concern in bringing it up but based on what Jim has said I don't think he plans to take his SC into heavy city traffic very much where it would be even a remote issue. Once we have upgraded the stock brake calipers on these cars I do think ABS becomes an absolute last resort safety feature. Upgraded to the degree Jim has with his SC along with quality tires I would bet locking up the brakes would take a lot of effort.
I don't think it should be an issue for him either as long as sticky tires are on the car.
Old 10-04-17, 04:34 AM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by emLEX
yes the same banjo bolt was used with new washers.
Old 10-04-17, 04:37 AM
jimmymac30
Advanced

I don't think it should be an issue for him either as long as sticky tires are on the car.
Only the stickiest tires for me. Ordering up some new tires today. I’ve always enjoyed the Michelin Pilot Super Sports but I have to be honest, I’m leaning towards the Sumitomo HTRIII based solely on the price point. They are literally half the price of the Michelin And have excellent reviews. I’m not one to cheap out but I did run these tires before and really liked them. And they were VERY sticky.
Old 10-04-17, 10:07 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jimmymac30
Only the stickiest tires for me. Ordering up some new tires today. I’ve always enjoyed the Michelin Pilot Super Sports but I have to be honest, I’m leaning towards the Sumitomo HTRIII based solely on the price point. They are literally half the price of the Michelin And have excellent reviews. I’m not one to cheap out but I did run these tires before and really liked them. And they were VERY sticky.
As much as I love the Michelin PSS, I wouldn't blame you for going with the sumitomo HTR III. I did the same when I got my last set of tires. My car kills tires in under 10k miles and after 3 sets of michelins I couldn't afford it anymore. I only have about 1 to 2k miles on the sumitomo's, so I don't know how they hold up with time.
Old 10-06-17, 07:45 PM
jimmymac30
Advanced

As much as I love the Michelin PSS, I wouldn't blame you for going with the sumitomo HTR III. I did the same when I got my last set of tires. My car kills tires in under 10k miles and after 3 sets of michelins I couldn't afford it anymore. I only have about 1 to 2k miles on the sumitomo's, so I don't know how they hold up with time.
I bought Michelin super sports! Ah well, someone told me that if I’m spending THIS much on everything else, why go cheap on the only part that touches the ground!?!? And he was right lol
Old 10-07-17, 04:14 AM
dadswrld
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought Michelin super sports! Ah well, someone told me that if I’m spending THIS much on everything else, why go cheap on the only part that touches the ground!?!? And he was right lol
Lol, he could be right. These are the ones I'm after for next summer. Firestone's Firehawk Indy 500 (I believe they are similar or rebrand of the Potenza RE-11) https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...Make=Firestone
Old 10-07-17, 11:38 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

That sounds like something my friends would tell me. haha

Originally Posted by dadswrld
Lol, he could be right. These are the ones I'm after for next summer. Firestone's Firehawk Indy 500 (I believe they are similar or rebrand of the Potenza RE-11) https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...Make=Firestone
The specs on those aren't close to the re-11. They might share some similarities in tread pattern, but I doubt they're rebrands. RE-11 is an amazing tire, but they're expensive and wear quickly.
Old 10-11-17, 03:10 AM
dadswrld
Driver School Candidate

The specs on those aren't close to the re-11. They might share some similarities in tread pattern, but I doubt they're rebrands. RE-11 is an amazing tire, but they're expensive and wear quickly.
It's what I read somewhere before, hence why I mentioned it, but I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet, lol.
Old 10-14-17, 06:25 PM
dadswrld
Driver School Candidate

My mistake. It was the RE003 that was being mentioned as a rebrand of the Indy I mentioned.

Jimmy, did those rear calipers bolt up without any adapter or did you need to modify it to fit?
Attached Thumbnails Z06 front calipers on sc300-screen-shot-10-14-17-at-09.17-pm-001-2-.png   Z06 front calipers on sc300-screen-shot-10-14-17-at-09.18-pm-3-.png  
Old 10-15-17, 10:11 AM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Originally Posted by dadswrld
Jimmy, did those rear calipers bolt up without any adapter or did you need to modify it to fit?
I purchased a bracket for them. Pkop2jz on instagram sells the brackets or the entire kit. Whichever you prefer. I already had the caliper so I just bought the brackets. $150 for the brackets.
The following users liked this post:
TheBiskit (10-26-17)
Old 10-16-17, 10:34 AM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone is looking to do this setup PM me. I supplied a lot of people with the parts for great prices.
Old 10-26-17, 04:00 AM
TheBiskit
Driver School Candidate

I purchased a bracket for them. Pkop2jz on instagram sells the brackets or the entire kit. Whichever you prefer. I already had the caliper so I just bought the brackets. $150 for the brackets.
Hi there nice set looks amazing. My question for rears did you bolt them right up or did you have to get brackets made or did you buy them. Want to upgrade ever since I seen this I've been putting it all together buying calipers and ordered brackets so just wanted to know if they sell them . I seen someone else show brackets they made and look good with a few caliper modifications. Just curious thanks car looks awesome.
Old 10-26-17, 04:46 AM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheBiskit
Hi there nice set looks amazing. My question for rears did you bolt them right up or did you have to get brackets made or did you buy them. Want to upgrade ever since I seen this I've been putting it all together buying calipers and ordered brackets so just wanted to know if they sell them . I seen someone else show brackets they made and look good with a few caliper modifications. Just curious thanks car looks awesome.
yes, custom brackets are necessary for the rear calipers to work. I purchased them from pkop2jz on instagram. That’s the best way to find them. His name is Peter and he is a great, knowledgeable guy. He also offers full brembo front and rear lots for our cars.
The following users liked this post:
TheBiskit (10-26-17)

Quick Reply: Z06 front calipers on sc300