Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RRacing USRS - sound coming from LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-17, 01:21 PM
jamisteven
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RRacing USRS - sound coming from LCA's

Havent been able to find anyone that had this issue but after installing mine, I seem to have some new noises that were not there before.

1. When first getting into the car and reversing out of my driveway, i hear this kind of clunk sound coming from that area
2. Sometimes when driving around ill here a similar sound

Checked out everything, its all tight and seems ok. Maybe the preload bolts are too tight? I almost feel something isnt tight enough as I feel zero difference in handling although I do a feel a significant difference in braking.

UPDATE
These are definitely coming off the car, the car was transformed into driving like a normal lexus into feeling like I'm driving a slammed civic on cut springs, every bump, crease, anything in the road is felt in the steering wheel and any added benefit is overthrown by this. Maybe all the positive reviews are from people that track their cars or have perfect pavement - very disappointed in these to say the least especially considering the only advantage I have noticed is an increased pedal feel when braking.

Last edited by jamisteven; 10-15-17 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-03-17, 06:15 PM
2grfan
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sure it isn't the front sway bar bushings? Had a similar sound cleared up after I replaced them. Rest of suspension is completely stock.
Old 10-08-17, 07:34 PM
jamisteven
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2grfan
Sure it isn't the front sway bar bushings? Had a similar sound cleared up after I replaced them. Rest of suspension is completely stock.
I mean, it could be but I doubt it, suspension on the car was silent prior to installing these. Going to jack it up again this weekend and take a look at everything, maybe those preload bolts are too tight or something, greased the **** out of everything so not sure what else it could be.