Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein Ha, Hr, Na, Nr?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-01, 07:54 AM
RacingAristo

Would you guys kindly explain the difference between them? I'm in the market of looking for TEIN coilover.
Old 03-25-01, 08:17 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the cheaper ones are softer (i think) and i'm pretty sure the one under 1000 you cant adjust damper, the HA is best
Old 03-25-01, 08:22 AM
RacingAristo

Sasha,

Don't you remember I owned TEIN HA before? I'd like to know more about other 3 types of coilovers. Thanks.
Old 03-25-01, 10:34 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ohhh ya! haha
Old 03-25-01, 11:09 AM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Start with the Tein homepage;

http://www.tein.co.jp/indexe.html
Old 03-25-01, 03:09 PM
RacingAristo

I did. They seem very similiar to me.
Old 03-25-01, 07:06 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Type NR: performance dampers, 4 adjustable height settings via C-Ring type adjuster.

Type NA: 16 adjustable damper settings, 4 adjustable height settings via C-Ring type adjuster.

Type HR: It's pretty much the same thing as the HA except there's no damper adjustment settings.

NA is probably the best value, it's around 1000 bucks. HA is the best considering performance and other stuff. But the most expensive also.

If you had the HA why got rid of it

Old 03-25-01, 11:22 PM
RacingAristo

that's a long story, ray.
Old 03-26-01, 01:57 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by RacingAristo
that's a long story, ray.
we have time haha
Old 03-26-01, 08:42 PM
RacingAristo

Oh yeah. We have tons of time here. Spring Break Rulez!

Anyhow, TEIN NA is not coilover, but more like adjustable shock/spring. Only H is the coilover. I wonder how low I can drop the car by using NA. Anyone has any info about it, really apprecaite it. Eibach Prokit (L-Tuned spring) simply doesn't drop enough of heights to eliminate the tire gap.

Couple friends of mine are offering the prices lowering than you see on GTAutosports. Very very tempting. But I should save some money for the stickers. You know what I'm saying eh, GlobeCLK?
Old 03-26-01, 09:08 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

yes, RacingAristo

I think the NA can drop you 40mm, each height setting is 10mm, with the top setting being stock height.

I was going to get the Tein NA, but then my brother had MAJOR camber problems with his E320 so I went for the L-Tuned which is Lexus certified but then ended up not having the dealer install it, therefore no warranty, hence regretting not getting the TEIN!!!

But it's okay, I think I'll love my L-Tuned more than Tein because it's still comfortable.
Old 03-26-01, 10:51 PM
RacingAristo

Even with Eibach/Bilstein, my car is just as comfortable as the stock one IMO. Maybe because I've already got used to it? If TEIN NA could only drop 40mm (1.5 inches), I won't upgrade to NA. I want to eliminate the tire gap, which need to be dropped like 2 inches or so.

Is there any spring/shock or coilover out there that could drop 2 inches? Of course, except TEIN HA.
Old 03-27-01, 10:02 PM
kodai
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, there is one kit that no one has spoke of. That is the CS system form tein. This system is the best. I had the HA but that was to rough of a ride, after all is GS. I put on the CS system and that stiffened up my car but at the same time I still had a good ride. With the CS system I can adjust how high and the ride comfort. I found about them from one of the guys at GReddy Performance. These system are some what new and they will fit the U.S. Spec. cars. Take a look at how my car sits. If any body want to see the suspension just ask and I will take some pics'.
Attached Thumbnails Tein Ha, Hr, Na, Nr?-gpp-4301.jpg  
Old 03-27-01, 10:31 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up the CS

thanks kodai for telling us your teins.

the COMFORT SPECS(CS) from tein is relatively new, and they are the most expensive of all teins based on my knowledge. just like the name, they are designed with comfort in mind.

do you mind tellin me how much did the kit cost you, and where did you purchased from?

thanks.
Old 03-28-01, 07:30 AM
RacingAristo

TEIN CS costs $1890 at GTAutosports. That is a lot of money! Just for a few hundred dollars and I could get a full body kit.

Quick Reply: Tein Ha, Hr, Na, Nr?