Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TRD vs Daizen Sway Bars reviews – VERY LONG

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-03 | 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by DrewGS4
Nice, informative and subjective writeup. Great job Henry.

I still plan on keeping my TRD sways. I just hope someone in the future makes polyurethane bushings for the TRD sways.

My opinion is that existing TRD sway owners should keep their sways and do not spend the extra money to switch out. Instead, use the extra money toward getting the Tom's 6-piece links, rear chassis brace and the rear STB!

I rank these 3 mods by TOMS to be as drastic a difference in overall "feel" as compared to when I first installed my TRD sways.
GET IT ...YOU WONT REGRET IT
i agree, and specially if the road conditions around your area isn't as bad as that of cali. like i said in the review, the main difference between trd and daizen is the ride quality on uneven road, so keep that in mind
Old 07-01-03 | 10:38 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by DrewGS4
My opinion is that existing TRD sway owners should keep their sways and do not spend the extra money to switch out.
To me, I think "that existing TRD sway owners [who like their current setup and are not bothered by the uneven-road ride quality] should keep their sways and do not spend the extra money to switch out."

For those that are bothered by the said ride quality, it may be worth it to be able to enjoy your car more.
Old 07-02-03 | 05:01 PM
wineohs
Rookie

I have a 99 GS4. The car has (had) too much power for it's handling capeabilities. At the ripe old age of 40, I wanted a decent blend of performance and comfort. The car now has L-Tuned Springs and Shocks and Daizen Sways (Thanks Todd). The car now handles the way, I think, it should have handled stock. It handles great and yet is still comfortable. All I need to do now is change my tires (I have Goodyear Eagle HP's, and they plain out stink: noisy, terrible wet traction, below average cornering etc.) I have Turanza LS-Z's being installed tomorrow.. If they don't work out, I'll switch to the SO3'S..
Old 07-02-03 | 07:58 PM
MasterG
Pole Position

Rom , excellent write up . However , for me , I'm not sold on the Daizen , I would like to see the Sportivo set included in the comparison.
Old 07-02-03 | 10:39 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MasterG
However , for me , I'm not sold on the Daizen , I would like to see the Sportivo set included in the comparison.
Well then, why don't you buy the Sportivo's and make a comparison?
Old 07-03-03 | 01:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by BLiu
Well then, why don't you buy the Sportivo's and make a comparison?
well, he would need the other 2 as well
Old 07-03-03 | 08:52 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by rominl
well, he would need the other 2 as well
LOL! What's hilarious is that there is all this talk about the TRD Sportivo's BUT who actually owns a pair???? Why all of a sudden it has become a player now that Daizen sways are actually out...when in reality no one talked about them before when it was just the TRD blue sways??? I find that amusing...

Brent
Old 07-03-03 | 09:13 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

agreed , brent (you and i know ) hehhehe LOL
Old 07-03-03 | 10:20 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Not sure but as I recall there are a couple of people here who have the Sportivo's (white, right?). I guess a search would turn it up.

Last edited by RON430; 07-03-03 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-03-03 | 02:09 PM
MasterG
Pole Position

Did you two goofballs that "know" everything , realize that Daizen was having a finish problem ?
Old 07-03-03 | 02:27 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MasterG
Did you two goofballs that "know" everything , realize that Daizen was having a finish problem ?
Dude, first of all...CHILL OUT! You started it by throwing out another sway bar making it seem it's OUR JOB to test every friggin sway bar before you become convinced. Keep in mind us two "goofballs" were willing to take a risk and spend extra dollars from OUR OWN pocket to test a legitimate new brand OTHER than TRD. And the thanks we get is your comment about how us two "goofballs" should go out and test the Sportivo's before you are convinced? Besides, I was only half-kidding with you in the first place...

And yes, I KNEW about the finish problem. Besides, is that meant as a criticism of Daizen?? Because, there are always changes necessary when you roll out a new product. What tells how good a company is if they are willing to solve the issue and how fast, which they did very quickly. You think it's that easy to roll out a sway bar, then, be my guest and go fabricate a new one for yourself...Sheesh...

Oh, and back to you...

Brent

Last edited by BLiu; 07-03-03 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-03-03 | 03:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

brent, i can't say it better myself. masterG, my english is bad and don't know what goofballers means, but "know" everything? where the heck does that come from? i didn't even know anything about the bars to begin with. i was educated with all the info, did the homework myself, actually went and touched the bars myself, before making my call. and now you say it like both brent and i are daizen spokemen? it's not only insult on us but also on daizen. we both spent the EXTRA money to try out new products, and both of us spent time to compare them and post up the reviews, and in return you say we must be "bribed" by daizen..... man, maybe i shouldn't tell people that tein flex is softer than tein HA coz' i just switched them...

and in case you don't know, yes daizen HAD problems with the finish, the outside coat of paint, but they have fully corrected that problem long time ago already. they even retracted most of the sold sways and redid them to make sure their finish are good. silver coated is always the hardest to maintain, now it's red/burgundy, and last time i check them out, i think it would take me a lot of work to just chip them off.
Old 07-03-03 | 08:57 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

dipstick has TRD sportivos. He's the only one on CL that I know who has them.
Old 07-03-03 | 09:10 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

I have a couple sets, well one useable set and the other one...well...
Old 07-03-03 | 10:45 PM
MasterG
Pole Position

Rom , any abrasive jokes or comments were NOT intended for you . The "know everything " thing is something I interpreted from Lex & bliu .I appreciate all the information you give and especially in the manner in which you present it. Please read the last few postings , you could see I was speaking to LEX & bliu. If you are happy with your product , good , I'm one of those research freaks , because in my area , there is nothing. I have to drive to Baltimore to be able to familiarize myself with the products I want .

I mentioned the Sportivos because they ARE a good choice for some people. I don't expect anyone to go buy them , I was hoping that someone who has them could contribute info.

Bliu , YOU NEED TO CHILL OUT. IF you read my post , it was written only for Rom. Where the hell did " OUR JOB " come from . ROM was doing all the testing. NOT YOU OR LEX !!!!! IN fact , instead of trying to be a comedian which you're not , why didn't you add information about your Daizen sways ? It's great you went out on a limb to get something new , but contribute info instead of sarcasm.

Quick Reply: TRD vs Daizen Sway Bars reviews – VERY LONG