Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Is350 rwd after market wheels without spacers!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-18, 01:09 AM
Josephis35
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is350 rwd after market wheels without spacers!

Desperately need help. I will make a VERY long story short. Three weeks ago. I ordered some wheels after consulting nonstop with people because I didn't understand wheels very well at the time. Order them and wait a week. Went to get them put on. Guy shows up and wants to buy my stocks. No problem. My new wheels are gonna fit anyway. He buys them and leaves. Didn't catch his name or anything. Soon as he leaves. The big problem arises. My wheels went fit over my brakes. So I need spacers. I get an uber to take me to autozone. Advance and oreillys. Can't find spacers big enough after buying 4 different sets. Can't return them because I mounted them. (Crazy, huh?) I manage to get my rears to fit on my front so it can be towed home. I order some hubcentric spacers. Wait a week. Dont fit. Order bigger spacers. Scrape my caliper just barely. Get some bigger ones and now I have about 2 in inches of poke. I spent about 400 dollars trying to make it work. And I finally did with lots of poke. I decided to run it. Got some different lug nuts. Take my wheels off so I can install the locking ones and apply loctite. One lug is seized. Me and three friends spent 8 hours tryok ng to get this one lug nut off and ended up snapping the spacer stud. I then in a fury said **** it and ditched the wheels. Now my baby is sitting pretty on some jackstands in my garage. Which leads me here. I've ran out of options. I do NOT want to run spacers I've had them fail twice. And I've flown off the road and flipped because of them. And I like to consider myself pretty savvy with cars and modifications. Not quite sure why they failed considering i checked them all the time; but anyway to sum up this huge story of misery and frustration.
PLEASE, if anyone can help. I need to find some wheels. Sub 1200 dollars to put on my Lexus. 18s or 19s that will clear that gargantuan caliper without a spacer. Please please help.

Old 04-16-18, 03:06 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

What does the clearance between the wheel and caliper look like? What are the specs of the wheels you bought? The stock 17 inch wheels on an IS250 fit over the IS350 calipers so I'm surprised you're having so much trouble.

Try looking at these threads for wheel and tire spec combos.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ead-index.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...our-setup.html
Old 04-17-18, 10:46 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Options are :

1) sell /trade those wheels, start over
2) install ARP studs so you can then safely run hubcentric spacers WITHOUT lugs built into the spacer
3) sell me your 5th gen hatch in the garage