Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

PLEASE HELP!! weird wobble!! have searched, visited multiple shops no luck!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-18, 05:21 AM
Tony55330
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy PLEASE HELP!! weird wobble!! have searched, visited multiple shops no luck!

I posted before about my issue but had no correct answers to my issue- however I did learn my lower control arm was bent but that is now fixed.

Everything in my front end suspension comments is either brand new, or has been replaced since I have owned the car, checked and tight recently. *** except struts/spring but the issue still was the same with my coilovers installed.

front lower control arm #1 and 2
front lower ball joints
front upper control arm/ball joints
inner and outer tie rod ends
sway bar end links
poly sway bar bushings
poly steering rack bushings
front pads and rotors
passenger side wheel bearing
alignment was done recently, and wheels are balanced

Over bumps on highway and manhole covers my front drivers wheel has a sort of back and forth wobble after hitting said bump or manhole cover imagine a fishes tail swimming - that type of back and forth motion. it only happens on the drivers side , the passenger side is perfectly fine.

What could be causing this?? I am stumped, I have brought it to multiple shops who don't test drive the car but put it on a lift and check everything and say the front end is tight. Could a wheel bearing cause this? with no other usual wheel bearing symptoms such as noise when turning etc? I have never seen or heard of a wheel bearing cause a wobble over bumps though.

I need help I am torn between selling my car or keeping it but this issue is so annoying. I would really just like to get this issue taken care of once and for all and never sell my baby!!
Old 05-16-18, 05:32 AM
Tony55330
Driver School Candidate

Could the rack and pinion be shot on only one side and cause this? I am so lost because 5 different shops put on lift and tell me all is good but it is most definitly not ha
Old 05-16-18, 09:20 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

A wheel bearing can cause the issue but lets back up a bit. Have the wheels and tires been load force balanced? At what speeds are you experiencing the wobble?Have you verified the front struts are good....no leaks etc?
Old 05-16-18, 09:31 AM
Tony55330
Driver School Candidate

Yes wheels and tires have been road force balanced, front struts are not good- but the issue happens with the bad factory suspension installed, or with brand new bc coilovers installed and car aligned. so I know the struts do not play into the issue. The wobble happens at all speeds, but is obviously more intense at higher speeds.
Old 05-26-18, 10:21 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony55330
Could the rack and pinion be shot on only one side and cause this? I am so lost because 5 different shops put on lift and tell me all is good but it is most definitly not ha
I remember reading someone tightening the adjuster a little on the rack & pinion to help with some play.
Old 12-22-22, 01:02 PM
bfor3
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, but I even trying to adjust the height with the adjustable links that have a nut to loosen, and it adjusts the ride height that way too but no luck, it still has a mind of its own. I'm also worried about uneven tire wear occurring!
Old 01-20-23, 05:41 PM
XYZLexus1
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Radius arm bushings shot. Look for arm that connects above lower ball joint and then goes back and bolts to body. The rubber bushings are probably gone, that allows the wheel to move forward and backward. Go new Lexus or Polyurethane if just replacing business. The rubber bushing is in the part that attaches to body.