Search this Thread

Old 06-03-18, 01:54 AM
zyl93
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS220d Central Locking System Problem

Hello Lexus*ers.
I am a IS220d From Norway.
I need help about a is220d luxury year 2008 177HK, manual transmission 400NM. NO CHIP.

I have problems with the central locking system, usually when I want to unlock the doors, press the control main panel inside / key / or keyless handle, all the doors will be unlocked.

What's happening is that sometimes locks only on the driver's side, no matter how many i press the key or main panel keyless etc, it will not unlock rest of the passenger doors. When i unlocks all the doors manually, have no problem locking all four again.

after waiting maybe 1-10 minutes or next day, everything/all doors will work normally again.

My nearest authorized workshop is Toyota, they do not know what the reason may can be, troubleshooting can be 1 hour or 5 hours or on endless hours of troubleshooting. And I have to pay for infinite hours , such my helpless toyota , and of course I have to pay those hours(120USD/hour for troubleshooting) even if they can not figure out the mistake/problem.

therefore I need help here on forum. Hope there are experienced people who can help me.

Personally, I think it could be software bug. If there was mechanical failure, the doors would not work normally again after a certain period of time.

https://mega.nz/#F!2gF0gK5K!t6G_6V3Tn8eSUUF88L4iKw
https://mega.nz/#!j8dQBAiD!DAmkynxH7...pHK6d8SLmxOl-g
https://mega.nz/#!6kdClazT!mDVW_6alB...64bTqptNvVIB2I

backup link https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApoJ7WOaoz_zjXKHBRoY40kGWbHm
Old 06-03-18, 10:00 AM
vr4/sc400
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi Norway,

My money is on the motors inside the actuators on your passenger side doors are built up with carbon and very weak, causing intermittent operation.
We can easily test this theory to confirm. Remove the door panel from one of your passenger side doors (rears are slightly easier). Now unplug the electrical connector going to the lock actuator.
The electrical plug will have 2 large wires on the top row and up to 6 smaller gauge wires on the bottom row.
Take a multimeter (set to DC) and connect to the upper large 2 wires.
Press lock and unlock button in your car. You should get a +12volt and -12volt when you press the lock/unlock button.
If you are getting consistent voltage then your problem is your door lock actuators. Grab a few motors to swap out and you should be good to go.
If you are NOT getting consistant voltage then you have a very unique problem further upstream in your vehicle and should consult a mechanic or others here on the forum that are smarter than I.

Lenny
Old 06-04-18, 10:08 AM
zyl93
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vr4/sc400
Hi Norway,

My money is on the motors inside the actuators on your passenger side doors are built up with carbon and very weak, causing intermittent operation.
We can easily test this theory to confirm. Remove the door panel from one of your passenger side doors (rears are slightly easier). Now unplug the electrical connector going to the lock actuator.
The electrical plug will have 2 large wires on the top row and up to 6 smaller gauge wires on the bottom row.
Press lock and unlock button in your car. You should get a +12volt and -12volt when you press the lock/unlock button.
If you are getting consistent voltage then your problem is your door lock actuators. Grab a few motors to swap out and you should be good to go.
If you are NOT getting consistant voltage then you have a very unique problem further upstream in your vehicle and should consult a mechanic or others here on the forum that are smarter than I.

Lenny
hi
Lenny

Tanks for your advise. I will try it out.
Old 06-15-18, 11:11 AM
zyl93
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vr4/sc400
Hi Norway,

Lenny
I fund the problem.
I have to change fuse box OEM 82730-53050