Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

dropping the SC... have a question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-03, 08:02 AM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dropping the SC... have a question

I dont wanna sound retarded but here goes... i'm about to drop my car and dont think the 1inch eibach offers will be enough but at the same time i know the springs are great quality and u dont lose much in the ride. So as an alternative i know u can use the supra tt eibach springs if u replace the shocks w/ supra shocks as well, which would probably be a better thing seeing how u should replace both at the same time. My question is i dont wanna use aftermarket struts b/c i hear the ride is pretty stiff so i was wondering if the factory supra tt shocks/struts would fit on my '93 sc400... does anyone out there know. dont wanna buy spring and shocks and find out later that they dont fit.

Thank for any info
Khang

Last edited by ForNgoods; 07-17-03 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-17-03, 07:14 AM
lunasea
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try Tokico Illunina Package

I had the same questions that you have last month. After talking with Todd at TM Engineering, a CL Vendor, I went with Tokico Illunina (adjustable shocks) and Tokico springs for the Supra. This is sold as a package.

I did not notice a ride quality change even with the springs set at their stiffest setting. I had no problems with the alignment even with the 1.25" drop. The bright red springs were an added bonus.

Price out your option, you may find that the Tokico package from TM Engineering is not much more than non adjustable shocks, especially considering the cost of labor which does not change with the type of springs and shocks.
Old 07-17-03, 11:49 AM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the site and cant find a listing for the 93 supra?? how much did u pay for the set up anyways??

Khang
Old 07-17-03, 12:31 PM
lunasea
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM Engineering

The Tokico shocks and spring set was not in the on-line web-sight. I sent an e-mail to Todd for avalabiltiy, applicability and pricing.

Also, you got mail