Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RCF/GSF bushings

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-19, 10:20 AM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Default RCF/GSF bushings

Looking to upgrade my AWD with these. I’m confused as to the offset/neutral nomenclature on mylparts.com. Forgive me if this sounds dumb,but which one for which application? TIA
Old 01-10-19, 11:36 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

The vehicle is manufactured with the standard offset bushing (Offset 0).
You would select the offset +20 or -20 is you needed to adjust the Caster.
If you don't have any issues with your alignment that you are aware of, then select the Offset 0 for the GS-F bushing.

I think that answers your mention...maybe
The following users liked this post:
hotsaw11 (01-10-19)
Old 01-10-19, 12:51 PM
Napalvr
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
The vehicle is manufactured with the standard offset bushing (Offset 0).
You would select the offset +20 or -20 is you needed to adjust the Caster.
If you don't have any issues with your alignment that you are aware of, then select the Offset 0 for the GS-F bushing.

I think that answers your mention...maybe
Thanks for the reply. I just got the SPC camber arms installed along with an alignment a month ago and now I’m away for the winter and have only driven the car a couple hundred miles. As far as I can remember, all the alignment specs were in the green(within factory specs). Toe is almost dead on zero. Would I need another alignment after installing these bushings? Thanks again.
Old 01-10-19, 01:03 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Napalvr

Thanks for the reply. I just got the SPC camber arms installed along with an alignment a month ago and now I’m away for the winter and have only driven the car a couple hundred miles. As far as I can remember, all the alignment specs were in the green(within factory specs). Toe is almost dead on zero. Would I need another alignment after installing these bushings? Thanks again.
There's two answers to that...in theory and in reality.

In theory...if the vehicle has the standard bushings and you replace them with the GS/RC standard bushings, and mark the old mounting points of the old bushings bracket and install the new ones in the same spot, then you shouldn't need an alignment.

In reality, no two parts are 100% the exact same, so even though the bushings from the IS and GS/RC may use the same bracket that houses the bushings, an attempt to install the new ones in the exact same position should be enough that you won't notice.
Trying your best, it could even still be a hair off. Will this effect the alignment enough to a point you will notice it...probably not.
If your caster was good and even from side to side before, then it should still be the same way.
Absolute worst case scenario is the steering is a little off center and you may need the front toe adjusted.

Drive it and see first...if it drives straight and the steering is straight, I wouldn't bother.
Old 01-10-19, 02:56 PM
Napalvr
Advanced

There's two answers to that...in theory and in reality.

In theory...if the vehicle has the standard bushings and you replace them with the GS/RC standard bushings, and mark the old mounting points of the old bushings bracket and install the new ones in the same spot, then you shouldn't need an alignment.

In reality, no two parts are 100% the exact same, so even though the bushings from the IS and GS/RC may use the same bracket that houses the bushings, an attempt to install the new ones in the exact same position should be enough that you won't notice.
Trying your best, it could even still be a hair off. Will this effect the alignment enough to a point you will notice it...probably not.
If your caster was good and even from side to side before, then it should still be the same way.
Absolute worst case scenario is the steering is a little off center and you may need the front toe adjusted.

Drive it and see first...if it drives straight and the steering is straight, I wouldn't bother.
Thanks much obliged!
👍
Old 01-12-19, 05:33 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

I got the negative offset bushing (0.30 degrees) because lowering changed the alignment of the caster out of spec. Sasnuke noted GS/RC bushings .. but they need to be GSF/RCF.
Old 01-15-19, 12:31 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS
I got the negative offset bushing (0.30 degrees) because lowering changed the alignment of the caster out of spec. Sasnuke noted GS/RC bushings .. but they need to be GSF/RCF.
You are correct...I got lazy typing the F and was trying to keep it short.

To make amends, here are the part numbers to be absolutely sure (these are the 0 Offset bushing part numbers):
48075-24010
48076-24010
Old 01-16-19, 12:35 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by Flash5:
CJ106 (03-13-19), Jbreezie (04-01-19), Sasnuke (01-16-19)
Old 01-16-19, 01:18 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Flash5
Thanks Flash5! Hands down the best deal around.
I thought the shipping from Japan was going to be brutal, but it was super cheap.
I'm almost waiting for the the shoe to drop...lol!
Old 01-16-19, 01:30 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Bah, where were ya 48 hours ago?! Crap, like $30 total difference, too.

Last edited by AtomicAWD; 01-16-19 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-16-19, 11:45 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
Bah, where were ya 48 hours ago?! Crap, like $30 total difference, too.
Sorry!
Old 01-18-19, 08:41 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Flash5

Sorry!
Providence! Discountpartsmonster just reported that they are on back order and gave me the option to cancel, so I did and got them from your links. Even better, shipping was the same to my door (Canada) as it is to the US! So total of $84 shipped versus $114 plus pickup fee.

Cheers.
Flash5 (01-18-19)
Old 01-18-19, 02:10 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
Providence! Discountpartsmonster just reported that they are on back order and gave me the option to cancel, so I did and got them from your links. Even better, shipping was the same to my door (Canada) as it is to the US! So total of $84 shipped versus $114 plus pickup fee.

Cheers.
Niceee! Glad it worked out haha.
Old 01-30-19, 10:38 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Just arrived at my door from Japan after 2 weeks from the time I ordered it.
Now if it wasn't -30C (-22F) out with slush, snow, and salt all over my car I'd be under there installing. Will be a nice Sunday install...a couple months from now.
Flash5 (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 10:45 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Just arrived at my door from Japan after 2 weeks from the time I ordered it.
Now if it wasn't -30C (-22F) out with slush, snow, and salt all over my car I'd be under there installing. Will be a nice Sunday install...a couple months from now.
Nice, you ordered from megazip, right? Mine was on hold for about 7 days then just shipped a couple days ago, and it looks like they sent by air -- how long did yours take to ship? They told me:

Since spare parts are supplied from the manufacturer's stock, we always need time to get them. Usually handling time in Japanese warehouse is around 5-6 business days and 4-7 business days in UAE.
Seems pretty reasonable, as well as for the rear diffuser for which they only charge $20 or so... from the UAE! I think we've got a pretty good source here. Told a friend with a GS about it and he found bushings for his as well, also at a good price. I'm going to send them part numbers for Lexus accessories (spoilers, exhaust, intake, etc.) as currently they don't show them as available.

Quick Reply: RCF/GSF bushings