Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone know where to have JIC' installed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-03, 03:39 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone know where to have JIC's installed?

Just received my JIC'S coilovers today. I live in NorCal near Berkeley Ca., can anyone recommend a shop to do the install for me? Can't wait to have these installed.

Thx in advance,
Ajay

Last edited by Carbon J; 08-11-03 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-13-03, 12:27 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friend in South City is ASE certified he'd probably be willing to do it if ya want, PM me for more details...
Old 08-13-03, 05:54 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to have the place that installed my wheels (which are very hard to do) install my JIC SF-1's, but they quoted me $700.00. I think this is way to high. Does anyone else have any thoughts on what it should cost to get these installed? Thanks.
Old 08-13-03, 10:21 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

How about putting them in - in your own driveway? Saves A LOT of money, and it's not too difficult.
Old 08-13-03, 01:50 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Default JIC's Installed

Thanks for the replies, found a place in Richmond yesterday to do the install. It cost me $200 including four wheel alignment. That was the best price I could find around here. $700 bucks is way too much. Took the car in around 9am was done by 2pm and I'll post pictures soon.

Regards,
Ajay
Old 08-13-03, 09:28 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MyLexusSC300
I was going to have the place that installed my wheels (which are very hard to do) install my JIC SF-1's, but they quoted me $700.00. I think this is way to high. Does anyone else have any thoughts on what it should cost to get these installed? Thanks.
how much does a round trip ticket cost from CA? I'll fly out there and do it for ya, pay for room and board if ya put me up for a few days with the install and the plane ticket.. should come out to under 700 hehe
Old 08-13-03, 11:21 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know somewhere in NY that you can get your suspension done for relatively cheap...Only 75 bucks...Its a side job of course...

I can also get my friend do it for 30 bucks in his driveway...

If your in NY, let me know...I'll hook you up...
Old 08-15-03, 08:12 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

i took it back to the place that quoted me $700. They now quote me around $650 and they say that they will have to have the car for around 2 days. The first day they will put everything on, make sure that all my other suspension components are ok, and then the second day, they will have me come out and adjust the height, etc. to my liking. Then they will do an alignment.

I found a second place that said they will put it on for $180 and it will take around 3-4 hours. They didn't say anything about an alignment.

Do you guys think I should get it put on here in Roanoke, or should I wait till I get down to FL and have it put on there?
Old 08-15-03, 08:19 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Florida. It's been quite a while since I looked, but there is only one shop that I might even trust in Roanoke to do the install, not sure if they're still around. Something like Roanoke Spring Works, they're right across from the Civic Center downtown.
Old 08-15-03, 11:27 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Dave, I went to Roanoke Auto Spring Works and talked to them. They have two guys there that deal with lowering (one does trucks, 4x4's, etc.) and one does cars. They guy that does cars won't be in until Mon., but I talked to the guy that does trucks, and he said that they do them on the side and it would be around $250.00. He looked at my JIC setup and said that they should be able to do it. From what I could tell, I don't see anything wrong with them touching the car (the guy I talked to seemed competent...which is hard to find in Roanoke). He also said that they would do an alignment and talk to me about the ride height, etc. that I want. I think I might go this route b/c I don't have a lot of room to take stuff back to college with me (the SC isn't that big) so I want to get the suspension put on ASAP. Thanks for the recommendation Dave.
Old 08-16-03, 05:28 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Originally posted by MyLexusSC300
I was going to have the place that installed my wheels (which are very hard to do)
Why is it so hard to put a set of wheels on?
Old 08-17-03, 04:53 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

I'm assuming it's a poor joke.
Old 08-19-03, 09:42 AM
Sc400Tuner
Driver School Candidate

Which brings my next question, is it that hard to install a set of springs and shocks/struts? Or am I missing something? Does the fact that they are coilovers make it a more daunting task? Not knocking anyone, just curious. Thanks.
Old 08-21-03, 12:40 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Sc400Tuner
Which brings my next question, is it that hard to install a set of springs and shocks/struts? Or am I missing something? Does the fact that they are coilovers make it a more daunting task? Not knocking anyone, just curious. Thanks.
coilovers are soooo much easier to install... except for adusting the ride height equally

Old 08-21-03, 10:13 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Sorry. I might not have been clear enough. It wasn't hard to put the wheels on, just putting the tires on the wheels. My bad. And it was hard to put the tires on my wheels b/c of the 4" lip

Originally posted by AzLex
Why is it so hard to put a set of wheels on?

Quick Reply: Anyone know where to have JIC' installed?