Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rubber F-LCA spacer washer??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-19, 09:55 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Rubber F-LCA spacer washer??

Alright guys so I just finished installing my prothane lower control arm bushings out front. Posted up about it on the SC forum on Facebook and somebody popped in to tell me that if I didn't trim my bushings to put that weird rubber spacer washer back in there then my alignment wouldn't stay put for more than a day or so.
but looking at it that makes absolutely no sense to me, that thing looks more like a rubber thrust washer and I don't see any way that I could have any effect on the camber bolt since it's in between the mounting ears the control arm sits in and not on the outside where the camber lobes are that do the adjusting, and it had nothing it could seat into to maintain a position...
Anybody have any experience with this? Because there was absolutely no way there was going to be room in there for that washer majiggy so they weren't put in. it's a very snug fit between the bushing and the mounting surface in there as it is and there was no way I was going to cut it back far enough to put that washer in there

Last edited by JoeBlob; 06-24-19 at 09:59 PM.