Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Just installed Sway & Ctrl.Arm Bushings!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-03, 10:57 AM
Bondtrader
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Just installed Sway & Ctrl.Arm Bushings!

Just had my front/rear polyurethane sway bar bushings and upper/lower control arm bushings installed, along with some Magnaflows and K&N filter. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased! The pillow-like ride and lurching feel while cornering has been eliminated. The U/L control arm bushings were rather pricey to have installed, but I figured what the hell. Handling improvements far outweighed the minimal ride sacrifice. Ran into some problems getting the SS-braided brake lines put in, something about the grommets or connection troubles on the drivers-side rear, but will get that taken care of next week.
Just thought I'd share with the board.
SAMc
Old 09-03-03, 11:28 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you went all out, good choices on upgrades. Keep us informed on your brake situation.
Old 09-03-03, 06:42 PM
amati5
Driver

Default Re: Just installed Sway & Ctrl.Arm Bushings!

Originally posted by Bondtrader
Just had my front/rear polyurethane sway bar bushings and upper/lower control arm bushings installed, along with some Magnaflows and K&N filter. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased! The pillow-like ride and lurching feel while cornering has been eliminated. The U/L control arm bushings were rather pricey to have installed, but I figured what the hell. Handling improvements far outweighed the minimal ride sacrifice. Ran into some problems getting the SS-braided brake lines put in, something about the grommets or connection troubles on the drivers-side rear, but will get that taken care of next week.
Just thought I'd share with the board.
SAMc
Sam,

Do you experience any increase in ride height, especially in the front (gap between tires and bottom of fender)? If you are still riding on original springs (or ride height), could you please take a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the fender (through the center of the wheel) and post them here. I would really appreciate it.

thx
Old 09-03-03, 08:39 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i changed all the bushings out too... truely awesome!
Old 09-04-03, 10:45 AM
Bondtrader
Driver School Candidate

Default Incr. ride height due to bushings...

Haven't noticed any discernable rise in ride height, still riding on original springs and shocks. Will take some measurements and report back where I'm at currently, but I don't have any before and after comparisons. The fact that I have GS400 17' rims and 245/45/zr17's all around will affect the mesurements as well, fyi. Gonna break in the new pipes with a roadtrip up to CIN-city this weekend to really get a feel for the new upgrades.
SAMc
Old 09-04-03, 02:45 PM
amati5
Driver

That's perfect, I am running on 245x45x17 too and it should give the exact same overall diameter as stock's. I also had had the polyurethane bushings installed on front and rear and I noticed the increased in the gaps. I just want to compare to make sure I didn't make any mistake that raised the car's height.

TIA