Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Which rotors/brakes for 2017 IS 200t F-Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-20, 09:01 AM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Which rotors/brakes for 2017 IS 200t F-Sport?

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to install new brakes and rotors on my car for the first time (hopefully this weekend if parts come in that quick). I'm just a bit confused as to what parts I should order? I know I need to replace my rotor and my brake pad. Is that all I need to order or are there other small bits and pieces that need to be replaced too? Another question - a while back I remember people mentioning that the only difference from a F-Sport compared to a regular model is that they have bigger rear brakes than non-f sport vehicles. Is this true? Feel free to also leave a good recommendation for whatever brakes you have. I'd run OEM but if there are better performing ones out there for the same or cheaper, I wouldn't mind taking a peek.
Old 05-27-20, 12:20 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus3GIST
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to install new brakes and rotors on my car for the first time (hopefully this weekend if parts come in that quick). I'm just a bit confused as to what parts I should order? I know I need to replace my rotor and my brake pad. Is that all I need to order or are there other small bits and pieces that need to be replaced too? Another question - a while back I remember people mentioning that the only difference from a F-Sport compared to a regular model is that they have bigger rear brakes than non-f sport vehicles. Is this true? Feel free to also leave a good recommendation for whatever brakes you have. I'd run OEM but if there are better performing ones out there for the same or cheaper, I wouldn't mind taking a peek.
I’m pretty sure it’s the opposite; the F Sport models have the 4 piston front brake calipers and the non-f sports have the regular 2 piston calipers on the front. As for the parts besides the rotors and pads, they usually come with all the hardware needed. I do recommend buying a can or 2 of brake clean though.
Old 05-27-20, 12:55 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
I’m pretty sure it’s the opposite; the F Sport models have the 4 piston front brake calipers and the non-f sports have the regular 2 piston calipers on the front. As for the parts besides the rotors and pads, they usually come with all the hardware needed. I do recommend buying a can or 2 of brake clean though.
Much appreciated for the response Flash, I'll definitely purchase that brake clean. Do you have a part number for the F-Sport pads and calipers maybe?

Best regards,
someone signing a random forum post because I'm stuck in WFH mode