Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SC400 Suspension Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-20, 08:41 AM
Slackful
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default SC400 Suspension Questions

Good morning everyone,

Im writing this up because I have a couple questions regarding my entire suspension setup. Today I had an appointment to get an alignment done. The shop told me they wouldn't do anything because the and I quote " camber caster bolts" for the front was seized. As well as the "rear toe and camber" bolts.

Would anyone have direct replacement part numbers??

Also I figured before I get my alignemnt if I'm gonna replace those I might as well replace all my bushings and do the polyurethane conversion. Any recommendations on brand?

Im going to go ahead and continue to research, I also need to replace i believe my crossmember or subframe im not sure. I'll leave a pic, its rusted pretty bad. I plan on taking this to CA soon.

Thanks!

🤢
Old 06-09-20, 12:58 AM
Slackful
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Slackful
Good morning everyone,

Im writing this up because I have a couple questions regarding my entire suspension setup. Today I had an appointment to get an alignment done. The shop told me they wouldn't do anything because the and I quote " camber caster bolts" for the front was seized. As well as the "rear toe and camber" bolts.

Also I figured before I get my alignemnt if I'm gonna replace those I might as well replace all my bushings and do the polyurethane conversion. Any recommendations on brand?

Im going to go ahead and continue to research, I also need to replace i believe my crossmember or subframe im not sure. I'll leave a pic, its rusted pretty bad. I plan on taking this to CA soon.

Thanks!

🤢
Bumpity Bump
Old 06-21-20, 11:57 PM
TRDMan
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Slackful
Good morning everyone,

Thanks!

🤢
https://www.mylparts.com/v-1995-lexu...ion-components

Part 14 and 15 are what you are looking for. As for the rusted cross member, I would get a used one that's in good condition from a local junkyard or a Pick n Pull. If you are going to California, you might have a better chance of getting a good one out in CA that's not rusted.
The following users liked this post:
Slackful (06-29-20)
Old 06-29-20, 03:26 PM
Slackful
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TRDMan
https://www.mylparts.com/v-1995-lexu...ion-components

Part 14 and 15 are what you are looking for. As for the rusted cross member, I would get a used one that's in good condition from a local junkyard or a Pick n Pull. If you are going to California, you might have a better chance of getting a good one out in CA that's not rusted.
Thank you for the site referal.

I previously used lexuspartsnow.com to find items but they dont really provide great illustrations/diagrams so I couldn't make out what was what.. That is a good idea about the subframe.

There's a subframe on the marketplace for around $250 (includes nearly whole front suspension set up) it looks okay from the pics so far, but then again you can't really tell just by those. I figure I might replace the subframe with that because it looks like it is in a better condition than the current one. It also beats this thing snapping while im having fun and crashing into a wall . I have one more winter to spend here.
Old 09-07-20, 11:20 AM
Slackful
Pit Crew

Default UPDATE: Alignment Question SC

UPDATE: I ended up buying a subframe from a SC3 in California on eBay, waiting until this winter to install with maybe some new steering rack bushings.

Can't wait for the day for tighter steering.

I currently have Megan Toe Racing Arms in my trunk, waiting for replacement for the adjustment bolts that are connected to them. Would these be the 'camber bolts' or are there a entire different set of adjustment bolts for the rear (such as toe adjustment bolts)?

(Reason why I'm asking is because when going to have my alignment done, shop man said if he were to replace the toe arms, the adjustment bolts would probably break when changing the toe arms. Im purchasing these new adjustment bolts so in the event the old ones do break my baby won't be down)