Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

is350 F sport AWD RSR questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-20 | 11:42 AM
350Fsprt
Driver School Candidate

Default is350 F sport AWD RSR questions

Okay guys, so I've been reading threads all morning about the best setup for a mild drop to get rid of the huge gap in the front.

I've come to the conclusion that RSR Downs seems like the best choice for me, as the half downs don't seem to do much on my model.

Few questions, as most setups are on 19's and im running stock wheels, no spacers & I don't plan on getting new wheels.

- Would I need spacers?
- Would the wheels rub at all?
- Does anyone have pics of this setup (all stock, on f sport, with rsr downs on awd) ?

If anyone has any better recommendations, please let me know. All these threads are driving me crazy looking for my exact setup...

Thanks!
Old 06-13-20 | 11:56 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

1. Would I need spacers? No...but you may want spacers as the wheelwell will eclipse the stock wheels even more now.
2. Would the wheels rub at all? No.
3. Does anyone have pics of this setup (all stock, on f sport, with rsr downs on awd) ? That might be tough to find as most have installed spacers on the stock wheels when lowering.

You may have noticed in your readings that some have used a combo of Downs in the front and Half Downs in the rear.
While the Downs will lower the car all around, you will notice even more on the AWD that the front still has a gap...yes, the gap will be smaller than stock, but the rear won't have much of a gap anymore, so by comparison to the front, the front still has a gap.
Most refer to this as reverse rake.
Those that did the combo Downs/Half Downs were looking to level out the vehicle...even gap front and back.
Old 06-13-20 | 12:06 PM
350Fsprt
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Sasnuke for answering everything so clearly. Appreciate that! and see you're a fellow Canadian too

Yes, I did come across the combo of doing downs in the front and half down in the rear, but I don't really want to buy 2 sets.

I much rather prefer rake instead of reverse rake. I've seen some people just doing rsr downs in the front, and leaving the rear stock. Whats your opinion on that?

All in all, I've seen a lot do RSR downs all around, so that's ultimately what im leaning to, with spacers(thanks), do you know what mm to use for stock?

Old 06-13-20 | 12:20 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

I've seen some people just doing rsr downs in the front, and leaving the rear stock. Whats your opinion on that? For a daily driver than you're not planning to take to the track or drive it like you stole it and the cops are chasing you, it should be fine. Personally I like the reverse rake look on this car, but that's just me...obviously some don't, and that's fine too. If you just installed the front, once the springs settle you can see how you like it. At that point you could do the rear (if you don't like it), or just get the alignment done so everything is straight. Always do the alignment once the springs have settled (approx. 1-2 weeks depending on your driving habits).

All in all, I've seen a lot do RSR downs all around, so that's ultimately what im leaning to, with spacers(thanks), do you know what mm to use for stock? The question of sizing will definitely generate a few different answers, but if you want guaranteed fitment without any chance of any rubbing issues, then 20mm on the front and 15mm on the rear.
Guaranteed that some will say 20mm on the rear as they have gotten it to fit, but honestly it comes down to individual car build and brand/model of tires used. I acknowledge that some got 20mm to fit on the rear, but not everyone will have the same luck.
Some will also say that with 20mm on the front looks like you can go 25mm, but once again I'm recycling the comment about the rear.

Ultimately 20mm front and 15mm rear will give you a great look and worry free driving, regardless if it's you alone in the car or you carry passengers and cargo.
The following users liked this post:
TLeexus (07-17-20)
Old 06-13-20 | 12:59 PM
350Fsprt
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I'm gonna go with the downs all around, with the spacer options you mentioned.

You've helped a lot! Appreciate it! Have a great day man