Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Bilstein shocks experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-20, 10:30 PM
shenofjo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bilstein shocks experience

I love my bilstein shocks with oem spring in my supra and am looking to do the same for my is300. However my car came with H&R springs and car is quite low. Talked to bilstein and they don’t recommend it especially with 2” drop after it settles in.

Im pretty set on doing bilstein shocks however, so my question is what other spring set ups are good in terms of retaining good ride quality without the bottoming out and clunking.

Pictures of bilstein with stock springs would be appreciated. I think me looking for someone parting out or selling oem springs on the cheap would be most ideal and I can sell my h&r afterwards.
Old 10-19-20, 06:52 AM
shenofjo
Driver School Candidate

I’ve done more research and also thought about what I currently have. H&R springs and front oem shocks, rear kyb. I am happy with the soft ish comfort except for massive body roll and front OEM shocks probably shot and giving me oscillating bounces if I’m not careful. I’ve been seeing reviews of koni working with lowered springs yet can be harsh to some. With all that consideration, I think I will go with koni Str.t orange shocks up front and see how it changes my ride. Maybe I will do koni rears as well afterwards. Anyone with long term exp with H&R and koni str.t?
Old 10-18-21, 07:22 AM
VeritasMG
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Bilstein's with stock springs on all 3 of my IS300's, and I wouldn't do it any other way. It allows me to run a 18x9 with 245/35's all the way around with no clearance issues. I also run Hotchkis sway bars front and rear, the handling is perfectly balanced.
The following users liked this post:
shenofjo (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 09:19 AM
shenofjo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VeritasMG
I have the Bilstein's with stock springs on all 3 of my IS300's, and I wouldn't do it any other way. It allows me to run a 18x9 with 245/35's all the way around with no clearance issues. I also run Hotchkis sway bars front and rear, the handling is perfectly balanced.
any pictures of the ride, not really affected by the looks more about the ride but would like to see what it looks like compared to what I already have with the HR springs.

my car came with 18x9 or 9.5… and rear 245x35, front 225x40 front. Hoping to do 245x35 all around as well
Old 10-18-21, 02:52 PM
VeritasMG
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shenofjo
any pictures of the ride, not really affected by the looks more about the ride but would like to see what it looks like compared to what I already have with the HR springs.

my car came with 18x9 or 9.5… and rear 245x35, front 225x40 front. Hoping to do 245x35 all around as well
I have all three in different states of disassembly right now so I will see if I can find some older pics. I can tell you that the tires are about 1/2" from the fender arch sitting still and my fenders are not rolled.. In order for that 245/35 to work on the front, you are going to need at least a 48 offset, preferably a 50.
The following users liked this post:
shenofjo (10-18-21)