Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Best Lowering Spring

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-20 | 11:01 AM
mferraro
Rookie

Default Best Lowering Spring

I am wondering what peoples thoughts are (hopefully from experience) on what the BEST lowering spring for the IS300. I am deciding on lowering springs because I am still up in the air on whether or not I want to put my car on bags or on coilovers. I am looking for reccomendations on the best lowering springs that wont compromise rideabality, as I know people advise against lowering springs due to the OEM strut being specifically designed for the OEM spring. Any help would be great. I know I have heard great things about Swift springs, and RSR's. If I went RSR I would go RSR down (as opposed to super down).
Old 11-17-20 | 12:48 PM
Napalvr
Advanced

Originally Posted by mferraro
I am wondering what peoples thoughts are (hopefully from experience) on what the BEST lowering spring for the IS300. I am deciding on lowering springs because I am still up in the air on whether or not I want to put my car on bags or on coilovers. I am looking for reccomendations on the best lowering springs that wont compromise rideabality, as I know people advise against lowering springs due to the OEM strut being specifically designed for the OEM spring. Any help would be great. I know I have heard great things about Swift springs, and RSR's. If I went RSR I would go RSR down (as opposed to super down).
I don’t think there is one “best” spring. It’s completely user subjective. I have RSR downs on my AWD and wouldn’t trade them for anything...again just one person’s opinion.
The following users liked this post:
mferraro (11-18-20)
Old 11-17-20 | 01:01 PM
mferraro
Rookie

Originally Posted by Napalvr
I don’t think there is one “best” spring. It’s completely user subjective. I have RSR downs on my AWD and wouldn’t trade them for anything...again just one person’s opinion.
How does the comfort compare to the OEM spring?
Old 11-17-20 | 02:38 PM
Napalvr
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sargon
The question is "how much more harsh is the ride compared to OEM?"
Again this is a matter of opinion. Some say it’s just barely stiffer than stock(my opinion) while others say it’s to stiff for their liking. The RSR downs are comparable to the blue FSport springs that Lexus sells.
mferraro (11-18-20)
Old 11-17-20 | 02:40 PM
Napalvr
Advanced

Originally Posted by mferraro
How does the comfort compare to the OEM spring?
If it were on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the stiffest, I’d rate the downs a 2-2.5 from stock
mferraro (11-18-20)
Old 11-18-20 | 10:43 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

If you have an AWD then get RSR, if you have RWD then get Swift.

Contact us for either!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
mferraro (11-18-20)
Old 11-18-20 | 10:45 AM
mferraro
Rookie

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
If you have an AWD then get RSR, if you have RWD then get Swift.

Contact us for either!

-Josh
Can you give me a price on the rsr downs?
Old 12-03-20 | 11:11 AM
DRIFTOPHER
Driver School Candidate

I have the factory upgraded f-sport performance lowering springs. I LOVE the ride quality, car feels like it's on rails. The ride is luxury and the look is pretty good. I'm a little irritated that the front doesn't match the rear as far as cosmetics/drop go, but from a purely performance standpoint it's bad ***. All I need to do now is upgrade the rear sway bar and look into make the rear subframe less sloppy. This car understeers a lot and I think I can dial most of it out with a few modifications.
Old 12-27-20 | 05:50 PM
BronsDaGr8
Driver School Candidate

Take it from me, who’s used all of the above I’m on Airlift performance currently, was on bc racing coil overs prior to that, and RSR downs before that. I’ve had the car for a total of 10 months, so didn’t get enough time with any due to my impatience. Man the RSR Downs were lovely, if going with lowering springs. Almost had a stock ride experience to them. I’d say if u have the money, go with the BC’s but if you are cool with lowering springs go with RSR Downs. I still have my BC’s and willing to part with them fairly cheap, (only used for about 2 months) but I live in Hawaii and shipping is a *****!
MagStock (08-11-21)
Old 12-27-20 | 06:29 PM
swaangin
Racer

I've seen Ark springs on the forum which give a more balanced look. RSR down the front is too high in my opinion by like 0.25 an inch.. rear sits perfectly
As someone stated above, stiffness would be 2-3 out of 5 compared to stock
Old 12-29-20 | 06:09 PM
Zoomzoom1
Driver

It’s been almost a year with my 3IS and im still hesitant on lowering it. I love the way the car drives now and Im just nervous I could be sacrificing comfort if lowered since it is my daily. For people who are lowered and use it as a daily what is your experience like?
Old 01-01-21 | 06:12 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

RSR makes the best springs because they are fit specific for each models.

The best is RSR Sus Down Springs .. I wouldn't get Super Down because they are really too low for factory shocks to support.
Old 02-03-21 | 03:46 PM
Blaque Diamond Wheels
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BronsDaGr8
Take it from me, who’s used all of the above I’m on Airlift performance currently, was on bc racing coil overs prior to that, and RSR downs before that. I’ve had the car for a total of 10 months, so didn’t get enough time with any due to my impatience. Man the RSR Downs were lovely, if going with lowering springs. Almost had a stock ride experience to them. I’d say if u have the money, go with the BC’s but if you are cool with lowering springs go with RSR Downs. I still have my BC’s and willing to part with them fairly cheap, (only used for about 2 months) but I live in Hawaii and shipping is a *****!

Bagging it definitely made it look even more Badass! 🤙🏻

Also totally agree with BC Coilovers, they're not bad at all!

***Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals***
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: Info@BlaqueDiamond.com

Click here and visit our pages
IG: @BDWheels
FB: /BlaqueDiamondWheels
Old 02-03-21 | 03:58 PM
Blaque Diamond Wheels
Former Sponsor

Just remembered that we had a customer who's got a bagged IS350 as well, and yeah man they really look Badass. This one's sitting on our Gloss Black BD-11 wheels in 19s btw.

Just click on the image if you wanna check out our full gallery on this project. Enjoy!

***Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals***
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: Info@BlaqueDiamond.com

Click here and visit our pages
IG: @BDWheels
FB: /BlaqueDiamondWheels
MagStock (08-11-21)

Quick Reply: Best Lowering Spring