Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Big Brake kit?
Stop Tech
7.73%
AP Racing
5.15%
Brembo
8.25%
Supra TT / RMM
26.80%
Rotora
14.43%
Wilwood
0.52%
Stock GS Brakes or Stock w/ upgraded pads/ SS lines
31.96%
Endless
5.15%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

What big brake kit do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-03, 07:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,472 Likes on 1,623 Posts

bLingIn3o0 - do you know if your wheels / suspension can fit StopTechs?

The 13" StopTechs are a lot less expensive than the 14".

You said you need brakes ASAP - if your pads are worn, I'd get them replaced before you rush into aftermarket brakes. I doubt your rotors are worn out.
Old 11-27-03, 07:24 PM
bLingIn3o0
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BOTH ARE WORN OUT PADS AND ROTORS... and yes Bit any brake upgrade should fit... I think... I have 19's on my GS that should compensate for all brakes.. If not the store where I purchased the wheels F#$K3D UP !!! But I dont think they did because there is alot of clearance right now with stock calipers... Will post pics of car when I get brakes.. So please help me "FLOSS" this GS .... and gimme some input on what I can get ???

Thanks
Old 11-27-03, 08:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,472 Likes on 1,623 Posts

I have 19's with StopTech 14" rotors and 4 pot calipers. They're awesome. But won't fit in your budget. I got mine from ProLexPerformance. Contact them for pricing. They may be able to get you close to your budget with the 13" package.
Old 11-27-03, 08:27 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bLingIn3o0

If money is your biggest concern, I would go for the Supra TT calipers. $1200 should be enough to get a brandnew set

You can contact people like Rominl, who has hookups (who sometimes have great offers), or the CL sponsors like TM Engineering or Carson Toyota.
Old 11-27-03, 11:07 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by bLingIn3o0
A CL member is selling some Lsportline brakes and was wondernig if was a good deal... so wanted some input.. but I just checked the price of Stoptech Brakes and its said retail was about $1995... Is this the "real" price ? Any suggestions on what I can pruchase for about 1200 ?

THANKS
n0oB @ this
You will NOT be able to get into StopTech new for 1200. Sorry. PM me if you are serious and I may be able to hook you up. It will be less than 1995 but it also won't be close to 1200.
Old 11-27-03, 11:12 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by HKGS300
If money is your biggest concern, I would go for the Supra TT calipers. $1200 should be enough to get a brandnew set
For a new set, agreed. Your best bet is the SupraTT brake upgrade (800-900). I actually would consider this if my wheels would clear the calipers. Other than this, watch for used sets. The next tier of brake upgrades starts above 1500 and this is only because of Steve's GB on the Rotoras.
Old 11-30-03, 06:18 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up rmm brakes

just got my rmm big brakes put on, and MAN OH MAN I AM LOVIN IT!! they feel great with no fade at all, had new pads put on on the rear along with the cross drilled brandi rotors. Just need my new rmm stickers to get in, the old ones are scuffed up. But i am going to coat them in black and make them glossy for the stickers, This MOD IS WORTH EVERY PENNY. pics soon,
Old 02-02-04, 07:44 AM
RAristo
Lead Lap

Last edited by RAristo; 02-02-04 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-29-04, 06:21 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys, looked like this was the place to come for big brake advice. I'm looking at getting a big brake kit in the future. For the supra tt calipers to fit, 7.5 mm spacers are needed. Are there any other big brake kits that are less, wide I guess, than the supra TT calipers. What I mean is that is there a big brake kit I can fit with just 5mm spacers?
Old 05-29-04, 06:36 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by Blue98Gs3
Hey guys, looked like this was the place to come for big brake advice. I'm looking at getting a big brake kit in the future. For the supra tt calipers to fit, 7.5 mm spacers are needed. Are there any other big brake kits that are less, wide I guess, than the supra TT calipers. What I mean is that is there a big brake kit I can fit with just 5mm spacers?
As long as you are willing to pay more. Both the StopTech and the Rotora 4-piston kits has less clearance requirements than the TTs. StopTech has a template you can use to see if it will fit your wheel. Rotora also has one but I don't know if they've put it on their website yet. I got mine from Steve Ganz. Just a little warning, the PDF template was dead on in terms of print scaling. I had to play with the Rotora template a bit to get it to the right scale. Hopefully, they've fixed that by now.
Old 05-29-04, 07:02 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Neo
As long as you are willing to pay more. Both the StopTech and the Rotora 4-piston kits has less clearance requirements than the TTs. StopTech has a template you can use to see if it will fit your wheel. Rotora also has one but I don't know if they've put it on their website yet. I got mine from Steve Ganz. Just a little warning, the PDF template was dead on in terms of print scaling. I had to play with the Rotora template a bit to get it to the right scale. Hopefully, they've fixed that by now.
huh....good to know. Do you have any estimate of how many mm's less cleareance I would need versus TT calipers? roughly of course.
Old 05-29-04, 11:08 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by Blue98Gs3
huh....good to know. Do you have any estimate of how many mm's less cleareance I would need versus TT calipers? roughly of course.
I really don't know as I have not measured or seen concrete measurements of the TT calipers. I can guess through previous experimentations that the difference between the TTs and StopTech is at least 5mm and maybe more. How much more? I don't know. The Rotoras have a few mms less even. If you needed 7.5mms spacers, the Rotoras may just fit.

The easiest thing to do is to download the StopTech template, take off your front wheel, and test it. Depending on how close this is, you can take away a few (under 5) mms more for the Rotoras. I used to have all these numbers in my head when I was researching brakes but they are gone now.
Old 05-30-04, 10:10 AM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Neo
I really don't know as I have not measured or seen concrete measurements of the TT calipers. I can guess through previous experimentations that the difference between the TTs and StopTech is at least 5mm and maybe more. How much more? I don't know. The Rotoras have a few mms less even. If you needed 7.5mms spacers, the Rotoras may just fit.

The easiest thing to do is to download the StopTech template, take off your front wheel, and test it. Depending on how close this is, you can take away a few (under 5) mms more for the Rotoras. I used to have all these numbers in my head when I was researching brakes but they are gone now.
Sweeeeet... I was just worried about having to use more than 5mm spacers... Now I know there is some hope for the rotoras or stoptech
Old 05-30-04, 03:01 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

ok i just used the stoptech template. the template barely touches the rim, so where am i as getting a spacer? how much would i need if i decide to get some stoptechs?
Old 05-30-04, 04:25 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by joshoowa
ok i just used the stoptech template. the template barely touches the rim, so where am i as getting a spacer? how much would i need if i decide to get some stoptechs?
H&R 5mm spacers, they're like 60 or so bucks, plus they are extrememly good quality. 5mm is what I hear is the max you should use to not interfere with steering geometry.

Quick Reply: What big brake kit do you have?