Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone with FIGS or DAIZEN rack bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-21, 09:42 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 178 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by dwoods801
check out what I found while searching through some old threads.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...g-ecu-diy.html
i saw that one. No way would I ever attempt
something like that lol
Old 08-11-21, 09:27 PM
dwoods801
Instructor

Received 250 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by DMPesso
i saw that one. No way would I ever attempt
something like that lol
this looks pretty straight forward, my favorite kind of modification! It’s very Inexpensive, easy to tackle, makes a good improvement that doesn’t lock u into anything drastic, and it’s not common knowledge, I have had my car current GS for close to a decade, and I don’t recall ever hearing about this mod before. It certainly seems to be worthy of a permanent spot in the DIY section.
Once I have got it done in my vehicle, and after I have a had time to evaluate its value. I will hit u up, be happy to walk u through the procedure if u would like. Or u can always find a local technician willing to tackle it for u.
The following users liked this post:
annjones13 (04-01-23)
Old 08-11-21, 10:14 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

this looks pretty straight forward, my favorite kind of modification! It’s very Inexpensive, easy to tackle, makes a good improvement that doesn’t lock u into anything drastic, and it’s not common knowledge, I have had my car current GS for close to a decade, and I don’t recall ever hearing about this mod before. It certainly seems to be worthy of a permanent spot in the DIY section.
Once I have got it done in my vehicle, and after I have a had time to evaluate its value. I will hit u up, be happy to walk u through the procedure if u would like. Or u can always find a local technician willing to tackle it for u.
Good luck I hope it works for you. Thanks though hopefully I’ll be happy with the one I bought since it’s from a sport design it’s probably the same as l tuned. Couldn’t go wrong for $75 worth the risk I’ve spent way more on fixing this car if this helps the steering even a little it’s worth it
Old 08-14-21, 07:29 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

I put the sport design steering ECU in and wow what a huge difference in how the steering feels. One of the best mods for the GS IMO and took me only 5 mins to put it in. I can’t believe how much difference it makes. Actually takes away the sloppiness of the steering and some of the wheel shake and makes the steering so much more responsive especially on the highway. It does make it a little stiffer to turn when parking but it’s worth it by far.
Old 08-16-21, 07:30 PM
dwoods801
Instructor

Received 250 Likes on 204 Posts

Somehow i have never known that a vehicles steering feel was programmed in during design. Of course i have always known that it was a benefit of an electric power steering system but i was always under the assumption that the feel was related to the amount of pressure the pump is designed to transfer into the steering rack. I am still assuming that the “steering feel” is based on the amount of pressure on the hydraulic system. And while it can be altered using methods like the idle air control valve on many Toyota’s from the early 90’s til the electric systems took over. So I find it quite intriguing to be able to change how much feedback the steering wheel can offer with different steering modules that came depending on the engine. I think the modification I mentioned above, which will allow me to adjust the steering firmness and feel with the twist of a **** to be really cool! That’s something I would have assumed most manufacturers would have exploited long ago. I am excited to get it done in my car. And would like like to hear from someone who did this to their car long ago, and find out if there is any negative side effects over the long term.
I am glad to hear you got your steering tuned to your liking.
Old 08-17-21, 06:28 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Somehow i have never known that a vehicles steering feel was programmed in during design. Of course i have always known that it was a benefit of an electric power steering system but i was always under the assumption that the feel was related to the amount of pressure the pump is designed to transfer into the steering rack. I am still assuming that the “steering feel” is based on the amount of pressure on the hydraulic system. And while it can be altered using methods like the idle air control valve on many Toyota’s from the early 90’s til the electric systems took over. So I find it quite intriguing to be able to change how much feedback the steering wheel can offer with different steering modules that came depending on the engine. I think the modification I mentioned above, which will allow me to adjust the steering firmness and feel with the twist of a **** to be really cool! That’s something I would have assumed most manufacturers would have exploited long ago. I am excited to get it done in my car. And would like like to hear from someone who did this to their car long ago, and find out if there is any negative side effects over the long term.
I am glad to hear you got your steering tuned to your liking.
yea a **** sounds like a good idea because you can go back and forth. It’s crazy how it works it also changes how much you have to turn the wheel like in power mode. I never need to use power mode now. It’s amazing how much of a difference it makes on the GS you can throw the car around so much easier the steering is so much sharper now
Old 04-02-22, 12:26 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

The OEM part # for the Mount Bushing is 45517-30050 it lists for $20.71 and the Housing Bushings part # is 45516-30060 and cost $33.95 for a pair, I found several available at Lexus dealerships online.
It looks like almost ever aftermarket option is Poly, so maybe that’s the better way to go. I don’t think these bushings get the same work out ones in the suspension get. So maybe the Poly ones are the way to go. I know that I haven’t ever had to regrease them like I have had to do on a few of the suspension ones. Another option if you want rubber and OEM quality without involving a dealer would be Moog and Dorman OE brands. Both are going to be a big improvement over ones that have gotten hard with age. And these options are available online or at a local parts store like O’Reilly
does anyone know how many of each of these oem bushings I need?