Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Pics After Daizen Springs & Sways

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-03, 05:44 PM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics After Daizen Springs & Sways

I've had the Daizen springs and sways on for maybe a month now. Todd at TM Engineering did the installation. Love what they've done for the handling -- pretty much how everyone else has described the improvement. As far as the drop in concerned, I'm occasionally scraping something (exhaust hopefully?) every once in a while as I drive over bumps/crests, but I've learned to adjust my driving style. Absolutely love the setup now and would recommend it to anyone.

Here are a few pics taken after a recent claybar, polish & wax:

Old 09-28-03, 06:08 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks very aggressive...very nicely done.
Old 09-28-03, 06:27 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

buyerts

hows the ride quality for i am doing mine as sson as i get back my impact gun from being repaired

what type of shocks are you running
Old 09-28-03, 06:47 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics. I have the Daizen sways and would also recommend them to anyone.
Old 09-28-03, 07:07 PM
Blackened
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

super! how low does it drop? looks like around four fingers or 1.5"?
Old 09-28-03, 11:14 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice job.
Old 09-29-03, 01:40 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

good choice of sways and springs.
Old 09-29-03, 08:24 AM
jucee187
Lead Lap

hows the camber? really bad? or manageable?
Old 09-29-03, 09:01 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Wow. That's a massive drop. When I get my HKS LS+ coilovers, I think I will drop it right to where you have it. How many inch drop is tat? Looks like 4-5 fingers. Wow!
Old 09-29-03, 09:59 AM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

Thanks for the compliments. The advertised drop on the Daizen springs is 1.9 inches in the front and 1.7 inches in the rear, so I guess that corresponds to the "finger" measurements everyone is seeing. BTW, I've got the SportDesign version of the L-Tuned shocks.

The ride quality is definitely a bit harsher than before. The floaty/bouncy feel of the original ride isn't there any longer and the car feels more in touch with the road. As I mentioned in my first post, I have to pay closer attention to driveways, speed bumps, etc. or the car may scrape. The trade-offs are well worth it, though.

I still have to get an alignment, so I don't know where I'm at with the camber. From what I've gathered, even after the alignment I'll have to live with some negative camber until a camber kit becomes available.
Old 09-29-03, 10:42 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by BuyERTS
Thanks for the compliments. The advertised drop on the Daizen springs is 1.9 inches in the front and 1.7 inches in the rear, so I guess that corresponds to the "finger" measurements everyone is seeing. BTW, I've got the SportDesign version of the L-Tuned shocks.

The ride quality is definitely a bit harsher than before. The floaty/bouncy feel of the original ride isn't there any longer and the car feels more in touch with the road. As I mentioned in my first post, I have to pay closer attention to driveways, speed bumps, etc. or the car may scrape. The trade-offs are well worth it, though.

I still have to get an alignment, so I don't know where I'm at with the camber. From what I've gathered, even after the alignment I'll have to live with some negative camber until a camber kit becomes available.
Looking good!

I just got my car back with the TTE lip on it. If you think you are scraping now, wait until you get some kind of lip for the front bumper. YIKES!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new mods - there was never any doubt in my mind!

PS Is that the same digital camera that you accidentally left behind?

Brent
Old 09-29-03, 10:43 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

buyerts

why is your rear end squatting or looking more tucked versus bliu's car as seen pictured here with his dazien set up

Old 09-29-03, 10:48 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by BLiu
Looking good!

I just got my car back with the TTE lip on it. If you think you are scraping now, wait until you get some kind of lip for the front bumper. YIKES!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new mods - there was never any doubt in my mind!

PS Is that the same digital camera that you accidentally left behind?

Brent
Can I see what the TTE lip looks like? If you have a link, that would work too. Thanks.
Old 09-29-03, 11:34 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jmecbr900
Can I see what the TTE lip looks like? If you have a link, that would work too. Thanks.
I promise I will post some pics on the general GS300/400 forum in the next week. I am very busy until Wed but will look for a good place to shoot some pics...Also, I don't want to hijack buyERTS threead.

To answer lexforlife's question...I think the difference is that I have 18x10's in the rear and buyERTS is stock 16" wheels. Plus, if you notice, my car is on a slight incline and not on a flat surface....

Brent
Old 10-01-03, 08:32 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks great! It's tough with a drop like that in LA 'cause the streets are so bad...I only dropped mine 1.2" and I scrape some times so I know how you feel...especially when the car is new. I'm surprised you haven't recieved your plates yet...how many miles do you have on it already? I'm still under 4K after 6 months.

How does the ride feel vs. the stock "euro-tuned suspension"? I have the Bilstein/Eibach/TRD/UGO suspension combo (also installed by Todd) and it handles so much better then the SD setup. The ride is really not that rough either...and the wife doesn't really notice the difference . I do think that the car needs the Tom's lower chassis braces to be more complete (especially for the rear end)....maybe I'll do that next.

Quick Reply: Pics After Daizen Springs & Sways