Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

I want my car to sit like this

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-03, 03:05 PM
ginessgold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want me car to sit like this

Wassup,
What type of setup can i get to make my car basically sit like this one in the pic....
Looking at the pic the rims look like 20s wrapped in 255/35's
wat kinda setup suspension setup can get my car to sit like this one?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails I want my car to sit like this-wald4.jpg  
Old 10-05-03, 03:57 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you plan on drviving the car?

I can tell you from experience that your SC will be USELESS at that height. That is STRICTLY for show.

The only way to achieve anything close to that (correcty) is to get COILOVERS. And for going low, I would only recommend pre-load independant height adjustment coilovers...JIC FLT-A2's and Tein FLEX come to mind...for not too low, you and use pretty much any coilover system or even springs if you're a noob that's going to regret it later.

The wheels are 19" and running a 255 up front would be BAD, BAD idea. As it is, with 245's, you can still have serious rubbing issues with the car that low (or almost that low). The SC does NOT have very well designed front fenders (for lowering).

I would HIGHLY suggest you do a search and/or read around as I have posted many times about lowering a SC on larger wheels....
Old 10-05-03, 04:28 PM
legendary
Racer

yes, look at these threads for feedback....
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=93627
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=92465
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=91279
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=74122
Old 10-05-03, 05:09 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Manaray
and running a 255 up front would be BAD, BAD idea. As it is, with 245's, you can still have serious rubbing issues with the car that low (or almost that low). The SC does NOT have very well designed front fenders (for lowering).
manny. I got supra TT wheels, i know they arent 19's buti have 255's all the way around on a TEIN CS (all the way down in the front) dropped SC and there is no rub at all. I know it would probably be different on 19's but for me there is no rub with 17's and 255's up front. My car also isnt that far down up front. I dont have a wheel gap, but my tires arent tucked like that SC.

Kevin

Last edited by lexcoupe; 10-05-03 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-06-03, 04:45 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Would a 2 1/2 inch drop plus 19s give me that look? Also what coilovers give the biggest drop?

-Steve
Old 10-08-03, 06:22 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

what type of lip is on that car?
Old 10-08-03, 07:48 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

looks like AC
Old 10-08-03, 08:03 PM
lawman
Driver

Originally posted by aliga
what type of lip is on that car?

Wald executive... http://210.198.3.77/wald/catalog/executive/soa30_1.html
Old 10-18-03, 02:35 PM
killerlex
Rookie

245x19 and 275x19 can be used with out rubbing,just trim off the 1 inch lip in the wheel well and slam the car on coilovers ez..make sure you have right off set on wheels so that it can tuck in as you lower it..
Old 10-21-03, 02:47 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by lexcoupe
manny. I got supra TT wheels, i know they arent 19's buti have 255's all the way around on a TEIN CS (all the way down in the front) dropped SC and there is no rub at all. I know it would probably be different on 19's but for me there is no rub with 17's and 255's up front. My car also isnt that far down up front. I dont have a wheel gap, but my tires arent tucked like that SC.

Kevin
What sidewall height do you have your 17's? You might be running lower profile tires then normal and that will prevent inner fender lining rubbing....it's no so much the edge of the fender, but the inside of the fender. Have you taken off your wheel and looked at the inside?

Have personally seen 19's (with 245/35's) and my 20's (with 245/35's), I can tell you that they rub hard on the inside fender when the car is anywhere near that low especially when you hit a dip or bump or anything that causes compression of the shock...I had my wheels bearly tucked for one day and it was useless. Then again, I also have a body kit that lower the front and makes it stick out a little further so that doesn't help getting up driveways and such...the SC's front nose is just too long (that's why Lexus removed that black lip on the '94+....)
Old 10-21-03, 09:03 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Manaray
What sidewall height do you have your 17's? You might be running lower profile tires then normal and that will prevent inner fender lining rubbing....it's no so much the edge of the fender, but the inside of the fender. Have you taken off your wheel and looked at the inside?
I have a 40 profile on my 17's. I dont think they rub the inside of the fender, but they do wear unevenly because of the camber. (havent done an alignment since the drop )

Kevin
Old 11-14-03, 07:50 PM
JDMJim
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default you need air.................

The cars you see that have the very aggressive stance like the pic you posted, either aren't driven or have air ride! If you enjoy your car and you want it to look like the pic when it is parked GET AIR RIDE! That is the only way it will happen, not my preference but to each his own.

Jimmy
Old 02-18-05, 01:59 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ginessgold
Wassup,
What type of setup can i get to make my car basically sit like this one in the pic....
Looking at the pic the rims look like 20s wrapped in 255/35's
wat kinda setup suspension setup can get my car to sit like this one?

thanks
By looking at the car, I think it's possible to get 245/40/18 for the front and 255/40/18 for the rear. 275 is totally not recommended. But you also have to cut the rear inner fender well to prevent rubbing on tires. For lowering, you might use Tein coilovers or you just save money but with the same performance and look by using a set of Tanabe NF210 along with a net set of Tokico shocks. However, you have to cut 1/2 coil for the front and use the whole shock bump stop for the rear. The gap between the fender and the tire is about 1.5 fingers all around. This way, it looks like you're using coilovers because there's no lowering springs can give an even height all around. Also, it rides smooth like stock. I'm using this setup on my SC400 with Vis body kit. It's a little low when pulling out from the driveway to the street but it's doable with skill.
Old 02-19-05, 09:35 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevechumo
By looking at the car, I think it's possible to get 245/40/18 for the front and 255/40/18 for the rear. 275 is totally not recommended. But you also have to cut the rear inner fender well to prevent rubbing on tires. For lowering, you might use Tein coilovers or you just save money but with the same performance and look by using a set of Tanabe NF210 along with a net set of Tokico shocks. However, you have to cut 1/2 coil for the front and use the whole shock bump stop for the rear. The gap between the fender and the tire is about 1.5 fingers all around. This way, it looks like you're using coilovers because there's no lowering springs can give an even height all around. Also, it rides smooth like stock. I'm using this setup on my SC400 with Vis body kit. It's a little low when pulling out from the driveway to the street but it's doable with skill.
you can run 275's with the correct offset. also, espelir's will lower your car like that. Maybe a finger or two higher in the rear, but the front will be LOW.
Old 02-19-05, 05:59 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

The Espelirs would give you a ride height that would have to be considered the LOWEST you'd ever go in a Soarer.

Quick Reply: I want my car to sit like this