Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

experience with Powerstop brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-22, 04:07 PM
ItsJulz
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question experience with Powerstop brakes?

2014 IS250 RWD F-Sport
looking into brakes pads & rotors.
she's a daily driver so I don't think a high performance is necessary but want a good quality brake set.
key factors Im looking for feedback on:
  • brake dust
  • brake life
  • cost
Old 03-09-22, 08:21 PM
ex00
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

PowerStop stuff are pretty good, people mention that the bite isn't as good as the F Sport pads. But I think they are comparable or better.

I went with drilled and slotted rotors for the performance braking and it has saved me on several occasions already. One warning is that all 4 of my rotors were warped after a week and I had to get them turned. Clunking noise went away after some driving and bedding the pads back in.

I couldn't bed the pads initially that well due to Hawaii stupid traffic and drivers who can't drive for their life. As long as you can set them in properly, I think you should be fine.

The carbon pads also saves you the hassle of worrying about the wheels from having brake dust build up within a week or two as well. Honestly you can probably do with blank rotors and the carbon pads to save on some of the costs. You can either get OEM/OE blanks or Centric blanks and get the PowerStop carbon pads. Z1 also carries good quality rotors as well, I would skip their pads and get the carbon pads instead.

So far the braking performance has been consistent and I haven't noticed degradation of the braking performance after a little over 5,000 miles on them.
The following 2 users liked this post by ex00:
ItsJulz (03-09-22), tfantelli (05-26-22)