Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

2022 Lexus IS 350 AWD lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-23, 04:23 AM
Brezzer
Driver

Received 58 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony88
Looks great, what made you go with the swaybar links and how’s the ride?
I'm in Canada and the links were all rusted and the bolts seized and got stripped. I guess it's the danger in DIY work but links were the only problem I encountered. BTW the ride quality is blissful. I waited for the AWD RSRs and happy I did as the are smooth.

ps. You NEED tints
Old 04-07-23, 11:17 AM
Codename01
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey was wondering if you have any full side profile pic of the car with front and rear from the side just to see the overall difference
Old 04-07-23, 12:07 PM
NoahsNismo
10th Gear

Default Lowering springs

I finally gave up on springs and really didn't want to mess with suspension and all it intails too, but putting NIA body kit on I think does the job for me. It's easy to install and uses holes in body that are already there so no damage to car also put 0.5 wheel spacers just to get wheels a little bit out there more too, felt wheels seemed idk so inside wheel well. Even though only half inch. and no dragging front splitter on anything except super angled exit to Road etc. Kit built super good so there has been no damage. I would highly recommend. Sorry for my bad run on sentencing etc and just bad writing. and even with kit that clears pretty much anything guy at careash yelled at me and told me to never come back. Lol Not that going to car wash is something I would recommend but was great when super dirty. I don't have any other photos on me sorry.
Old 04-07-23, 05:51 PM
Brezzer
Driver

Originally Posted by Codename01
Hey was wondering if you have any full side profile pic of the car with front and rear from the side just to see the overall difference
I just did my rear suspension today and had to cut off my swaybar links bolts to free some pressure and get them off 😀 lol...what a ****show! I kinda understand what the NIA guy is saying about being satisfied with just a skirt kit but if lowered is what you want, do it...fear doesn't spawn progress. I don't mind having scrapped my OEM links as they're garbage anyways and the moog link upgrade was well worth it (fyi 2017 up is the same part # and fits the 2021+). I will post a profile shot tomorrow when I go for my early morning cruise. It looks amazing and drives really nice. I'm on RSR Downs with a TRD knockoff front lip and could still go lower lmao.

Old 04-07-23, 06:01 PM
Brezzer
Driver

Originally Posted by NoahsNismo
I finally gave up on springs and really didn't want to mess with suspension and all it intails too, but putting NIA body kit on I think does the job for me. It's easy to install and uses holes in body that are already there so no damage to car also put 0.5 wheel spacers just to get wheels a little bit out there more too, felt wheels seemed idk so inside wheel well. Even though only half inch. and no dragging front splitter on anything except super angled exit to Road etc. Kit built super good so there has been no damage. I would highly recommend. Sorry for my bad run on sentencing etc and just bad writing. and even with kit that clears pretty much anything guy at careash yelled at me and told me to never come back. Lol Not that going to car wash is something I would recommend but was great when super dirty. I don't have any other photos on me sorry.
The job only cost me 2 swaybar links. I got moog replacements for 60 CAD each tax in delivered from Amazon its really not expensive if you it yourself? Garage should charge 500-600 but I honestly wouldn't trust them having done the job myself and seen the possible mishaps.

Suspension intails work, grit, patience, some knowhow and a wheel alignment. Are you running spacers on the stock rims? If you buy rims just make sure to get the offset just right and you won't need spacers. My summer wheels are fender flush fitment let me know if you need the offsets.

I think they're +35 and +42.

Last edited by Brezzer; 04-07-23 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-08-23, 04:08 AM
Brezzer
Driver

Voila
The following 3 users liked this post by Brezzer:
LA20671 (04-08-23), Napalvr (04-08-23), wtieu0406 (05-02-24)
Old 04-08-23, 09:20 AM
Codename01
10th Gear

looks beautiful man, thank you for providing more pics! I'm surprised how much it drops in the fronts from the stock spring. Almost thought these were the super downs
Old 04-08-23, 01:24 PM
Brezzer
Driver

Originally Posted by Codename01
looks beautiful man, thank you for providing more pics! I'm surprised how much it drops in the fronts from the stock spring. Almost thought these were the super downs
Don't forget I have a front lip as well. Honestly it's the perfect drop. I went for a solid rip on the highway and through some windy forest roads and it feels right, everything connects and it looks slammed but doesn't feel like it. It kept the Lexus ride quality for sure...though I don't know how people drive on super downs lol. I definitely feel more stiffness in the rear swaybar with the new link upgrade as well. Really happy I took the leap. I even hit a few good bumps and nothing bottomed out or clunked. I'm putting on the summer wheels after I get my alignment and 'll post a picture soon, they're 🔥 🔥 .

The following users liked this post:
wtieu0406 (05-02-24)
Old 04-08-23, 01:26 PM
LA20671
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

Dope! Finger gap is about 2 all around? I got rsr down from Japan but thinking of selling it local. I’m pretty happy with super down on my car. I got about a finger gap all around.
Old 04-08-23, 01:34 PM
Brezzer
Driver

Originally Posted by LA20671
Dope! Finger gap is about 2 all around? I got rsr down from Japan but thinking of selling it local. I’m pretty happy with super down on my car. I got about a finger gap all around.
About 1 and a half for the front and a little over 1 for the rear. The rear does sit a tad lower than the front from the factory so it makes sense that it also does on the RSRs. I felt like superdowns with the front lip was just a bad idea for where I live.
Old 04-08-23, 01:43 PM
LA20671
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Brezzer
About 1 and a half for the front and a little over 1 for the rear. The rear does sit a tad lower than the front from the factory so it makes sense that it also does on the RSRs. I felt like superdowns with the front lip was just a bad idea for where I live.
Your drop looks good! My set up ima be running aimgain kit and doing some ssr or volks in 19s. I also have rsr coils, I might slap those on once I get my rims but we’ll see how the drop looks with the super down. I just wanna utilize my AVS on my car too.
Brezzer (04-09-23)
Old 04-08-23, 01:53 PM
Brezzer
Driver

Originally Posted by LA20671
Your drop looks good! My set up ima be running aimgain kit and doing some ssr or volks in 19s. I also have rsr coils, I might slap those on once I get my rims but we’ll see how the drop looks with the super down. I just wanna utilize my AVS on my car too.
The Aimgain kit is nice but I don't have that kinda cash $$$. Honestly my front lip cost me 129$ US and I'm happy with it, it's going to scrape on speedbumps and parking lot entrances anyways so putting 2000$ + on something that'll be damaged in 2 weeks isn't quite for me. It's dope though 🙌!
Old 04-08-23, 01:56 PM
LA20671
Pit Crew

Mine looks pretty even. My driveway is slanted too.
wtieu0406 (05-02-24)
Old 04-09-23, 07:27 AM
Brezzer
Driver

No words needed, just a picture 😉

Last edited by Brezzer; 04-09-23 at 02:12 PM.
wtieu0406 (05-02-24)
Old 04-13-23, 03:39 PM
npizano
6th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Did you guys ever get anyone to test fit? I ran your springs on my 4Runner and loved them. i dont see you have an AWD option online.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus IS 350 AWD lowering springs