Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Alignment setting to minimize inner tire wear

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-22, 02:41 PM
IS250_6MT
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Alignment setting to minimize inner tire wear

Hey guys,

My IS250 is lowered on Koni Yellow shocks/Eibach springs (Front 1.4"/rear 1" lowered) and I have been experiencing inner tire wear on both front & rear.
I just got new tires last week and also ordered the RCF LCA bushings for the front & SPC camber arms for the rear to get things dialed in.

I would like to get some suggestions on alignment setting once I get the LCA bushings and SPC camber arms installed.

What is the optimal Toe setting for both front & rear? I read about some people setting the front toe to zero, but I am not sure what to set for the rear.
And what camber setting would be good for the rear? My rear camber was -2/-2.1 at my last alignment and I would like to correct the rear camber.
Again, my goal is to minimize the inner tire wear and I am attaching the last alignment sheet for the reference. Thanks.

Last edited by IS250_6MT; 10-03-22 at 03:55 PM. Reason: editing to make the post more clear
Old 10-04-22, 10:07 AM
IS250_6MT
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I read couple more posts regarding this issue last night, and looks like there are couple good alignment setting options which can help minimize the inner tire wear and I am thinking about going with the followings.

-Toe: after the LCA bushing (RC F) installation, set it to zero toe for the front & use the stock toe spec for the rear
-Camber: Do you guys think SPC camber arm will actually help with the rear tire wear? Based on the other posts I read, my current rear camber setting [RL -2.0°, RR -2.1°] should not really impact the tire wear as long as the toe is set up correctly. Additionally, I am not sure if it makes much sense to dial only the rear cambers since I will not be correcting front camber.

What do you guys think about the toe setting that I am considering and does it makes sense to even use the SPC rear camber arms to minimize the tire wear?
The following users liked this post:
sNotM3 (01-20-23)