Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

questions about tanabe nf210?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-06, 07:14 PM
slimj 281
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about tanabe nf210?

i'm thinking about getting the tanabe springs, but i have couple questions. What shocks do you guys use? Can the stock shocks handle the pressure? i had the espelir springs on my previous gs before and the stock shocks didn't hold to well, im afraid the same will happen if i use the tanabe and stock shocks together. anyone have problems with this comination? also just wondering when is the tein cs coming out?
Old 05-14-06, 09:43 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

seems like most people used stock shocks for the springs if i remember correctly...
Old 05-14-06, 10:21 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Stock shocks. Approx. 1000 miles and it's all good. When they make aftermarket performance shocks for the AWD I will upgrade.
Old 05-15-06, 01:02 PM
4thone
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Still on the stock shocks and have no problems.
Old 05-15-06, 07:35 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Stocks, unless you opt to go with the Tein SS Coilovers. Then you get the entire setup (minus upper mount on the SS)

From my conversations with Tein, there is no exact ETA on the CS kit. Soonest would be end of summer on completion of product, which means we won't have them until probably the end of the year... I'm waiting too.... Better start calling dibs on my SS-kit!

Last edited by Eternity3G; 05-16-06 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-16-06, 06:25 AM
slimj 281
Driver

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
Stocks, unless you opt to go with the Tein SS Coilovers. Then you get the entire setup (minus upper mount on the SS)
how does the tein ss ride? are you switching springs because it rides too rough? i had the teins ss on my previous car which was an integra and i didn't like it much it rode kinda rough, wondering if its the same on the gs.
Old 05-16-06, 08:32 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slimj 281
how does the tein ss ride? are you switching springs because it rides too rough? i had the teins ss on my previous car which was an integra and i didn't like it much it rode kinda rough, wondering if its the same on the gs.
Depending on how much you lower it is how the ride will pretty much turn out. The funny thing with Tein is that the same kit on different cars could have profound differences in ride quality. The SS in the -teg is very rough from my experience. The Swift springs should provide a better ride and handling compared to the Tein springs, but I'm in limbo to go CS maybe??? Anyhow, if you want to come by, I'll take you for a ride and you can feel it for yourself.

I still haven't had the time to tune the dampening as of yet so it's very retarded right now... All the way soft in rear and all the way hard in front... (i'm so lazy....)
Old 05-17-06, 05:58 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Tanabe NF210 springs are designed to have a spring rate that is only a very small percentage higher than stock, so the factory shocks will be able to function properly and dampen the spring properly without issue. The NF210 is the most ideal for factory dampers.

Our DF210 springs have a higher spring rate that is roughly 10-15% over stock, and an aftermarket damper may be better suited for that line for long term useage, although we have not had any reports of any damper failures as the vehicle and spring are still only about 1 year old.

It's always best to check the product information on springs to see how much stiffer the spring is over stock. Extremely high rate springs typically require an aftermarket shock to function properly. In some cases, there are no aftermarket dampers available for the vehicle, so please check beforehand!
Old 05-17-06, 07:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Tanabe USA
The Tanabe NF210 springs are designed to have a spring rate that is only a very small percentage higher than stock, so the factory shocks will be able to function properly and dampen the spring properly without issue. The NF210 is the most ideal for factory dampers.

Our DF210 springs have a higher spring rate that is roughly 10-15% over stock, and an aftermarket damper may be better suited for that line for long term useage, although we have not had any reports of any damper failures as the vehicle and spring are still only about 1 year old.

It's always best to check the product information on springs to see how much stiffer the spring is over stock. Extremely high rate springs typically require an aftermarket shock to function properly. In some cases, there are no aftermarket dampers available for the vehicle, so please check beforehand!
Thank you so much for this information
Old 05-21-06, 12:24 PM
slimj 281
Driver

Yes Thanks For The Info Guys!!
Old 05-22-06, 05:30 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thank you so much for this information
No problem! We're happy to provide any technical information to CL. Feel free to PM us questions, or look forward to a response from us if you do post something in future in regards to our product line.

The better informed everyone is, the happier they'll be with what they chose!