Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.
View Poll Results: I had a problem with my GS
Rattling noise from the dash or doors
80.00%
Transmition problems
5.00%
Engine problem
10.00%
Software / computer / Bluetooth problem
8.33%
Suspention / Ride problems
5.00%
Paint/body/alloy wheels problem
6.67%
My car was a lemon (buy back)
1.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

What sort of problem do/did you have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-06 | 04:07 PM
the-oneil
Driver School Candidate

Default What sort of problem do/did you have?

Hi all

looking into taking the plung for a new GS. I read through the forum here to check if there are common problems that I should look out for

As my search was not conclusive I thought I would start a Poll that would reflect the most common issues with the
3rd generation GS.

I hope you'd participate if you had any sort of problem listed here.

Many thanks
Old 11-17-06 | 06:13 PM
Funky
Rookie

How about another option of "none?"
Old 11-17-06 | 07:03 PM
jjpxlala
Rookie

I have 07 GS350 awd and when my car is in drive at stop it has vibration inside of my car! some rattle at passenger airbag side and top of nav where the vent is!
Old 11-18-06 | 01:37 AM
the-oneil
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Funky
How about another option of "none?"
Because I already know that there are many of those. The purpose of this poll is to find out that (IF there will be a problem with a GS, what will it be?)

and to know the most common issues that GS owners raise with Lexus. Maybe if there is someone from Lexus that keeps an eye on these forums (I would be surprised if they don't!) then he/she could report this back to Lexus. This way, it will be in everyone's interest.

This is - at leaset - my humble idea.
Old 11-18-06 | 06:23 AM
sbrown02
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jjpxlala
I have 07 GS350 awd and when my car is in drive at stop it has vibration inside of my car! some rattle at passenger airbag side and top of nav where the vent is!
jjpxlala - Is the vibration something you feel or hear, or both? Also, is it in the dash, the seat, somewhere else, or both? And where do you live and what's your weather (i.e., is the vibration of the car tied to the temperature)?

In my GS350 AWD I've noticed that when the weather is colder (say below 38 or so) and the car is cold and at a stop with the transmission in gear, I get a noticeable vibration that's felt not heard in my drivers seat (don't know if its felt in the passenger seat cause I'm the one who mostly drives the car). It doesn't rattle my dash (i.e., make a rattle noise) or any other parts of the car, but I feel it while sitting in my seat. It's like I'm sitting on one of those massage chairs. Maybe this is a new feature I wasn't aware of. Once the car warms up (after 15 or so minutes) it seems to subside and go away.

Anybody else experiencing this, or other thoughts? It's not super bad, but it's kind of a weird feeling sitting there with this vibration you can feel in your bones.
Old 11-18-06 | 10:08 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

in my gs450h, on the dash, the behind the right dash speaker rattles. The left speaker if you push on the part closest to the window is tight and no movement. Behind the right speaker closest to the window, you can push down on the speaker shield and it pushes in.
That whole area rattles. I'm looking for a way to eliminate the rattle. It seems as if the leather is rubbing on the speaker shield/mesh cover......
we'll see.....
Old 11-18-06 | 03:13 PM
Franknyc30
Driver

ive posted this issue earlier, but my issues have been the alignment of the vehicle which was resolve and a rattle on the dash near the windshield. both of these issues are reported on TSB's
Old 11-18-06 | 03:30 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jace7
in my gs450h, on the dash, the behind the right dash speaker rattles. The left speaker if you push on the part closest to the window is tight and no movement. Behind the right speaker closest to the window, you can push down on the speaker shield and it pushes in.
That whole area rattles. I'm looking for a way to eliminate the rattle. It seems as if the leather is rubbing on the speaker shield/mesh cover......
we'll see.....

Take it toi the dealer and let them fix it. I had 2 rattles in my Wifes ES300. The dealer fixed them both in short order. That was 4 years ago and they never returned!
Old 11-18-06 | 06:47 PM
TIMSGS350
Driver School Candidate

Default None here..but

Put me down for "None". My 2007 GS 350 is a dream, pure and simple. If I could change one thing it would be to provide a night time light source at the left hand drop down access panel that has controls for the mirrors, rear shade, headlight washers, etc.--as I can't adjust any of these features at night with no light there. Can't adjust what I can't see! But boy do I love that 303HP!!
Old 11-18-06 | 10:20 PM
jjpxlala
Rookie

I'll try alignment this monday! and yes I feel vibration all over my car!! hot or cold.
Old 11-19-06 | 09:47 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TIMSGS350
Put me down for "None". My 2007 GS 350 is a dream, pure and simple. If I could change one thing it would be to provide a night time light source at the left hand drop down access panel that has controls for the mirrors, rear shade, headlight washers, etc.--as I can't adjust any of these features at night with no light there. Can't adjust what I can't see! But boy do I love that 303HP!!
+1 for none.
Old 11-19-06 | 12:12 PM
lexneffect
Pole Position

No problems....
Old 11-19-06 | 08:16 PM
FLYLOW
Driver School Candidate

Default Suspension Problem

Have a rattle in the rear suspension. Only when going over a crack or transition. Lexus service still trying to figure it out

Otherwise, it's great.
Old 11-19-06 | 08:44 PM
Franknyc30
Driver

Originally Posted by jjpxlala
I'll try alignment this monday! and yes I feel vibration all over my car!! hot or cold.
Take it in for service there is a TSB on it. MY dealer replaced both lower control arms, balanced wheels, alignment, and rotated the from left tire.
Old 11-19-06 | 09:16 PM
jjpxlala
Rookie

I have nf210. new wheels on. can i still take it? and what is TSB?

Quick Reply: What sort of problem do/did you have?