Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.
View Poll Results: Who has or has not had success with this TSB.
Success
31.25%
Failed
68.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Success with TSIB Upper/Lower Windshield Tick Noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-06, 10:06 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Mine has been at the dealership since Tues. I am going right now to pick it up.
well.....how did it turn out?
Old 12-30-06, 11:13 PM
vandit23
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I am so glad this issue has gotten more exposure since my last visit here...Well, my car had been at the body shop due to a comestic hit&run on my car...and I had a PT Cruiser for about 2.5 weeks. I just got my car back, and I remembered the damned rattles, but with the climate a lot colder, I think it's gotten worse!!! I think the PT Cruiser had less rattles than my GS350...
I have taken my car into the shop before during the summer, and they couldn't reproduce the rattles so nothing was really done. They did, however, on my first visit regarding rattles replace the retaining clips that supposedly have a service bulletin out on them...
I am starting to regret buying this car..50K and I just get a car with all these rattles....Doesn't make sense....Is there anyway to let LEXUS, Corporate know of this problem? I am going to take in copires if the service bulletins out on the car now, and have them try to eliminate the rattles...Let's keep this thing going!!!
Old 12-31-06, 12:09 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
well.....how did it turn out?
So far so good. I drove it around a little tonight and I didn't hear a single noise in the car but I can't give you guys a definitive answer yet. The one thing I can say for sure is that it sure is nice to get my GS back. It's sooooooooooooooooooo much nicer than the IS loaner I had.
Old 12-31-06, 02:01 AM
vandit23
Driver

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
So far so good. I drove it around a little tonight and I didn't hear a single noise in the car but I can't give you guys a definitive answer yet. The one thing I can say for sure is that it sure is nice to get my GS back. It's sooooooooooooooooooo much nicer than the IS loaner I had.
2thfixr...that's great...what did they do to the car? do you have a service printout of what they did?
Old 12-31-06, 05:30 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vandit23
2thfixr...that's great...what did they do to the car? do you have a service printout of what they did?
They performed the TSIB that involved cutting some locating pins for the front windshield. I actually don't have the service paperwork because my dealership screwed up AGAIN! I was out of town since Tues and got back Fri evening. During that time, they worked on my car and gave me an IS loaner (it had lots and lots of rattles BTW). The service manager called me and told me that he was sorry that I had to bring my car in for a 2nd time for the same problem (another story altogether), and that he made arrangements for me to pick up my car any time on Sat. I got there today and they had no idea what I was talking about. They couldn't locate the car, the keys or the paperwork. After standing around for 20 minutes the general manager looks at me like he is doing me a favor and says, "I'm in the middle here, I have no idea what is going on with this situation." I play him the voicemail from his service manager clearly stating that my car will be ready and waiting for me on Sat so they finally send someone to the service lot to get my car. They said they will mail me the paperwork. If it shows they did anything more than the TSIB that Twister listed, I will post a follow up thread.
Old 01-02-07, 07:05 AM
GS2006
Lead Lap

I took my GS 430 into the shop last week. I will supply the invoice info later, but here is a summary:
The fixed the damage from the other dealer. Apparently it was worse than what I could see. Also a place just above the battery as well. They could not figure how they did that one. They cleaned the area put some paint on it. The dealer that did that damage is out after 4+ damages to my car. The new dealer is much better so far.

They performed all three procedure in the TSIB http://lexushelp.com/Ownership/Bulle...V/NV004-06.pdf. The cowl will not be in until January 29th. Sounds like they are still on the boat.

Today temp was at the freezing point and noise is the same .
Old 01-02-07, 09:01 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

**********U P D A T E****************
SOOOOOOO..... After first impressions car is silent....... no more rattle. I gave it to them last week, they installed 3M everywhere along the front bumpers, lights and back fenders... nice lines too. Pleased with the install.
XM is up and running. Pleased with that as well.....Ticking seems to be gone..... I will update if not in later posts... but initial impression car is silent on all types of road and at any speed. We will see tomorrow morning when I awake and it's 20 degrees outside.....
Only thing I am quite upset about, is that my average mpg is now reading 12.7......................................
It was 26.6 mpg when I dropped it off. I forgot to get an exact reading of the OD, but I think they wne thot rodding in my 450h. :/
Oh well. it's a car. It can handle it.. As long as the rattle is gone, I don't say a word...
Old 01-02-07, 09:12 AM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Jace,
What did they do?
Old 01-02-07, 09:16 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, remember what I said they did last time.. Removed pins, felted, ex...
This time they removed the dash pad and added felt to dash, dash pins and bulk head. At least that's what invoice said. I told them to stuff it full of felt and foam. I don't want it back with one single tick.....
like I said, we'll see tomorrow, but as of now, silent...fingers crossed.
Oh BTW, the general manager mentioned, "hey I see you had us install that V1, hardwired" I said "ya, so". He said they aren't really supposed to do that, then mentioned I hope the ticking isn't coming from the install. I said, it's not don't even worry about it, check many TSIB's it's common. He said, ok I guess. Then I had him install my 3M on the remaining car, 300 bucks in addition to the 300 I already paid for the hood, lighs, side panels, windshield posts, and door handles. Then I had him teflon wax the car for FREE (about 350 dollars worth)
So I got about 600 out of them... All because they started mentioning the rattle might be from my custom harwire... mularky...
Mess with me, GM...

Last edited by Jace7; 01-02-07 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-02-07, 09:32 AM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Sounds like the did part 2. Mine still the same.
Old 01-02-07, 09:50 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jace, if I remember correctly your V1 was hardwired under the speaker grill, correct? If it is indeed where they had the wires going, don't discount it as a source for them messing something up... And regarding the mileage, as long as you didn't find any empty champagne bottles or panties under the back seat, I think its OK
Old 01-02-07, 09:56 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by twister
Jace, if I remember correctly your V1 was hardwired under the speaker grill, correct?
yes, center one.

Originally Posted by twister
If it is indeed where they had the wires going, don't discount it as a source for them messing something up... And regarding the mileage, as long as you didn't find any empty champagne bottles or panties under the back seat, I think its OK
rattle was there before the install, but yes, I won't ever rule it out, them messing something up....
Old 01-02-07, 10:01 AM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jace7
rattle was there before the install, but yes, I won't ever rule it out, them messing something up....
uggg, yep.
Old 01-05-07, 10:47 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

rattle still gone. even though I got stuck in the snow... but that's a different probelm
Old 01-05-07, 03:23 PM
Izzone
Rookie

Picked up my car yersterday...........SILENCE!!!! No more rattle and was so happy to get out of the ES350 loaner.

Quick Reply: Success with TSIB Upper/Lower Windshield Tick Noise