Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

GS350 AWD + Tanabe NF210 + PIAA Super Rozza

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-07, 11:37 AM
bb_ae86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS350 AWD + Tanabe NF210 + PIAA Super Rozza

Car's still dirty, but I'm too lazy to wash...
Anyway, just thought I'd share:
2007 GS350 AWD
Tanabe NF210s
19x8.5 +42 PIAA Super Rozza
245/35ZR-19 Bridgstone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position
Toyota TPMS sensors mounted with PIAA brackets

Only other mod is a K&N Typhoon intake and I'm not doing anything else . Going for more of an executive look...

Old 08-25-07, 11:45 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Car is looking good.. How ae the springs and ride quality on the AWD... Nice pics..
Old 08-25-07, 12:00 PM
bb_ae86
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! Ride quality is great. I was expecting them to be much more harsh. I could easily handle a stiffer spring rate. Honestly, it's still not as stiff as the stock G35X. Plus, by getting rid of the roll-flats, it's actually a very comfortable ride. The Bridgestones are actually much quieter than the stockers.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Car is looking good.. How ae the springs and ride quality on the AWD... Nice pics..
Old 08-25-07, 12:03 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

BB....Very nice set up...finally get to see an AWD dropped with wheels....to damn funny....I too live in WA with the same black GS AWD....(where are you in WA?...the pic reminds me of a new neighborhood down in Auburn)) I'm getting set to order some new 19" Volks w/Toyos...and have yet to find a coilover kit...how's the ride on the NF210's??

Thanks for the pics....

Later....Brian
Old 08-25-07, 01:36 PM
LexFather

bb_ae86 you did a good job man!! Way to go.
Old 08-25-07, 02:57 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

I like the rims.
Old 08-26-07, 04:38 PM
bobbyt01nc
Lead Lap

BB..very nice and very clean look.

Did you feel like you needed the drop with the Tanabe springs once you put on the 19's???? I was thinking of adding some and thought that maybe it wouldn't be necessary since the gap would fill in a little more with the 19's over the 18's...just curious. Also, is it no big deal for any tire shop (like discount tire) to put on aftermarket rims and set up the TPMS without any problems issues or is there something I should order for that when I get the wheels??
Old 08-26-07, 05:31 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Lookin' good, love the stance and the wheels
Old 08-26-07, 07:54 PM
bb_ae86
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Bobby-

I felt like I needed the drop just with the stock wheels! As for the gap, it would have been almost the same with stocks or these 19's. The overall diameter hasn't changed, except by a tenth of an inch. What did help with the gap is the additional width. With the wheel wells filled out a little more, you get the illusion that there's less of the gap b/c the sidewall is a little more visible.

As for the tire shop situation, dealing with TPMS is more and more common these days. A local Lexus dealer even offered to mount the sensors on the wheels since they have PIAA's on display near the parts counter. A Discount Tire and a Firestone Tire Center said they could both mount the sensors for me as long as I had the brackets (purchased through PIAA). The important thing is getting the sensors programmed to the car as a second set, which is something only Lexus dealership can do (though a Toyota dealership did say they can program them for me). One more tip I have for choosing aftermarket rims: if you do want to keep the TPMS functional with the use of sensors and brackets, make sure the wheels are compatible with them. Some wheels (usually 3-piece) can't accommodate a bracket with a sensor.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by bb_ae86; 08-26-07 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-27-07, 09:27 PM
bobbyt01nc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bb_ae86
Bobby-

I felt like I needed the drop just with the stock wheels! As for the gap, it would have been almost the same with stocks or these 19's. The overall diameter hasn't changed, except by a tenth of an inch. What did help with the gap is the additional width. With the wheel wells filled out a little more, you get the illusion that there's less of the gap b/c the sidewall is a little more visible.
As for the tire shop situation, dealing with TPMS is more and more common these days. A local Lexus dealer even offered to mount the sensors on the wheels since they have PIAA's on display near the parts counter. A Discount Tire and a Firestone Tire Center said they could both mount the sensors for me as long as I had the brackets (purchased through PIAA). The important thing is getting the sensors programmed to the car as a second set, which is something only Lexus dealership can do (though a Toyota dealership did say they can program them for me). One more tip I have for choosing aftermarket rims: if you do want to keep the TPMS functional with the use of sensors and brackets, make sure the wheels are compatible with them. Some wheels (usually 3-piece) can't accommodate a bracket with a sensor.

Hope that helps!
yeah thanks...I did call MRR Design directly over some wheels I am looking at. they said they the sensor/brackets will work with no problems on the 19's I had inquired about too and that a discount tire should be able to set it up properly without any issues and just taking them off the OEM wheels..
sounds like a real simple thing on paper
Old 08-28-07, 06:45 AM
ISZach
Rookie

Looks awesome! I just put volks on mine and am looking for a place to install my springs.

Last edited by ISZach; 08-28-07 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-28-07, 04:31 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbyt01nc
yeah thanks...I did call MRR Design directly over some wheels I am looking at. they said they the sensor/brackets will work with no problems on the 19's I had inquired about too and that a discount tire should be able to set it up properly without any issues and just taking them off the OEM wheels..
sounds like a real simple thing on paper
Which MRR you thinking on? I called them to inquire about the GT1. I was told they wouldn't fit over the bbk of the GS350 without a spacer. I wasn't willing to do the spacer thing. Doesn't the 06 GS430 have the same size brake?

As for the thread car, it's nice. Real nice. I wouldn't have though the PIAA wheels would look that nice on it. I always thought of them as ideal for sport coupes. Looks nice. Good work.
Old 08-28-07, 06:42 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Very nice. I like that look.
Old 09-01-07, 01:12 AM
bb_ae86
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the kind words guys! Now if I can just find the right position for the headlight leveling arm to get the darn AFS light from flashing!

I took a few more pics since it was nice out the other day:

Old 09-04-07, 08:54 PM
bb_ae86
Driver School Candidate

Yet even more pics! Taken at Weyerhauser HQ:

Quick Reply: GS350 AWD + Tanabe NF210 + PIAA Super Rozza