Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

tanabe spring diffrence

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-07, 03:27 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default tanabe spring diffrence

i was searching for gs350 springs and i saw that tanabe makes two diffrent springs for the gs350

DF210 and a NF210 whats the diffrence and would the tanabe be a better buy then eibach

i want a sportier ride like the is350
Old 08-27-07, 10:26 AM
smalldog
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Normal feeling
The NF210 coil spring features a tasteful drop, and produces the best overall ride quality and comfort for a performance lowering spring. The lowered stance of the NF210 gives the car an elegant pose, while the spring rates, which are only slightly raised (up to 5% over stock) retain factory ride quality settings

Dress up form
The DF210 coil spring offers a large drop, while retaining superb ride quality characteristics. The spring rate is raised 10-15% to compensate for the shortened amount of suspension travel, without over stiffening the spring rate and affecting ride quality and shock lifespan.
Old 08-27-07, 12:19 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by smalldog
Normal feeling
The NF210 coil spring features a tasteful drop, and produces the best overall ride quality and comfort for a performance lowering spring. The lowered stance of the NF210 gives the car an elegant pose, while the spring rates, which are only slightly raised (up to 5% over stock) retain factory ride quality settings

Dress up form
The DF210 coil spring offers a large drop, while retaining superb ride quality characteristics. The spring rate is raised 10-15% to compensate for the shortened amount of suspension travel, without over stiffening the spring rate and affecting ride quality and shock lifespan.
Good to know..Thanks
Old 08-27-07, 01:56 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanx guys...who on here has eibach springs...i wonder what would be better eibach pro-kit or the DF210...
Old 08-27-07, 03:40 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxalwayzspeedinxxx
thanx guys...who on here has eibach springs...i wonder what would be better eibach pro-kit or the DF210...
Well that depends, if you want to go lower go with the DF210's. Remember, the lower you guy, in most cases, the more you sacrifice in ride quality. The Eibach only offers a mild drop and should be closer to stock feeling ride with slightly increased handling capabilities.
Old 08-27-07, 11:26 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Normal feeling

Dress up form

So???.........call me a dumbass but i dont really follow on the "spring rate" comparison. If the spring rate is raised on the DF's does that mean that the car ride is gonna be closer to stock?....even with the larger drop??

i guess my question or concern is ive seen pics of GS3's with NF's and DF's and would love to get the DF's for the look but i may settle for the NF's if the ride is greatly sacrificed. How descent is the ride with the DF's???

Anyone??......................

Old 08-29-07, 06:18 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
So???.........call me a dumbass but i dont really follow on the "spring rate" comparison. If the spring rate is raised on the DF's does that mean that the car ride is gonna be closer to stock?....even with the larger drop??

i guess my question or concern is ive seen pics of GS3's with NF's and DF's and would love to get the DF's for the look but i may settle for the NF's if the ride is greatly sacrificed. How descent is the ride with the DF's???

Anyone??......................
The higher the spring rate from stock, the stiffer the ride. The lower the spring drop, the harsher the ride. Also the lower your car is, the more problem you have with inner tire wear and negative camber, especially in the rear.
Old 08-29-07, 02:14 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
The higher the spring rate from stock, the stiffer the ride. The lower the spring drop, the harsher the ride. Also the lower your car is, the more problem you have with inner tire wear and negative camber, especially in the rear.
so what do you think?? should i get the DF's (the stance i prefer) or the NF's (the stance ill settle for)??

The factory ride on the GS's is so plush...im wondering how much it'll change if i get the DF's. i dont want this thing to ride like a lowered Civic or something!

2007 GS350 Glacier Frost Mica/ Blk Int./ Mark Lev
50% tint all around (including windshield!)/3000K Fogs
PIAA Ion Yellow Parking Lights/LED Trunk Light Mod.
Vaistech/NAV~BT~DVD override hacks
Old 08-29-07, 04:27 PM
THINKtank
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Came across this while checking out the specs of the Tanabe springs and they are giving away some free Tanabe/Bride gear. Thought you guys might be interested in this. I just entered both giveaways so we'll see what happens.

http://www.more-japan.com/More-Japan...s-sp-3803.html

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/giveaway/form.html
Old 08-30-07, 02:50 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
so what do you think?? should i get the DF's (the stance i prefer) or the NF's (the stance ill settle for)??

The factory ride on the GS's is so plush...im wondering how much it'll change if i get the DF's. i dont want this thing to ride like a lowered Civic or something!
That's a personal decision. Does looks matter more than the ride or the other way around. The ride will be harsher than stock on any kind of lowering spring setup. Just remember, the lower you go, the higher the spring rate, which translates to harsher ride.

BTW, why do you always post your signature in your posts? You know you can embed your signature under your "UserCP settings" and go to edit signature. You can find that here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...=editsignature
Old 08-30-07, 10:49 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
That's a personal decision. Does looks matter more than the ride or the other way around. The ride will be harsher than stock on any kind of lowering spring setup. Just remember, the lower you go, the higher the spring rate, which translates to harsher ride.

BTW, why do you always post your signature in your posts? You know you can embed your signature under your "UserCP settings" and go to edit signature. You can find that here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...=editsignature
Well...........because i obviously have no idea what the F im doing!!

thanks for your help. if i know myself and my ways im sure ill get the DF's and not worry about the ride, and just go for the look. we'll see.
Old 09-04-07, 12:51 PM
movinquick
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Normal feeling
i'm looking into the nf210's. i started another thread before i saw this one. i have slight back problems and my tein flex's aren't helping it. i want the comfort of a stock with a slight drop. also, what shocks would be good for the nf210s? kyb? bilstein?
Old 09-04-07, 05:55 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by movinquick
i'm looking into the nf210's. i started another thread before i saw this one. i have slight back problems and my tein flex's aren't helping it. i want the comfort of a stock with a slight drop. also, what shocks would be good for the nf210s? kyb? bilstein?
You don't need to change your shocks. The drop isn't low enough to warrant a change....unless you want to stiifen the ride. If that's what you want just get the DF's.
There ar days when I wish i had gone with the DF's but I hate to drop any car more than an inch....not a daily driver. It's just not cool to do that. Too much watching how and where you drive. It's just that the NF's are so stock feeling that there isn't enough sport. Mostly, I'm cool with it.

Last edited by Ice350; 09-05-07 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-04-07, 07:59 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by movinquick
I haven't seen the GS350's suspension removed yet, but historically, Lexus/Toyota OEM supplier for shocks goes to KYB and Tokico. The 2nd generation GS' were KYB...and the previous IS300 were Tokicos.

KYB GR2 shocks tend to follow oem comfort closely, whereas Bilstein is valved for more sporty driving (harsher ride).