Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Springs finally installed.. what a week.. also, DRLs ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-07 | 08:57 AM
Ex996
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bozer
EX996.. Is there a way to lower your AWD GS without running into that problem? I really want to do the same come next Spring
Hi Bozer, I have RWD, so I'm not sure. If there is a camber adjustment on the AWD car then lower away!!

It makes SUCH a difference cosmetically, I just had no idea about the tire thing. It's the worst kept secret on CL.

Good luck!
Old 09-07-07 | 06:26 PM
drewdogg80
Driver

Originally Posted by Ex996
Car looks fabulous and is the number one cosmetic improvement. However, if you're experience is like mine and others get ready for abnormal tire wear, which WILL get under your skin. Not sure how the shop aligned the camber "within specs" as it's NOT ADJUSTABLE. The sheer geometry change forces a camber change (as wheel goes up, camber goes negative, like this:
/_____\

I'm Bitter- party of one cause no one ever talks about this.
This is the one issue that keeps me from getting the springs myself. Love the stance and handling, but I hate negative camber and uneven tire wear associated with it. I also dislike the stress of watching out for dips, speed bumps, steep driveways, etc...
But I have to drool everytime I see pics of everyone's lower rides.
Old 09-07-07 | 06:32 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Is there any possibility of drivetrain damage due to negative camber?

It's yet another issue for me to weigh as I consider getting coilovers.
Old 09-07-07 | 10:52 PM
kuch123
Pole Position
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by danger4o5
Kuch... I wanted to know how long you had the springs installed or how many miles have you gone before they were pretty much settled?
just had them installed so couldn't tell ya.. personally id say they would settle in a few days, driving or not.. when i had them installed on the porsche, i measured the height of the car at the top of all 4 wheel hubs directly after install and it only changed 1/8 in in the rear after about a week.. i just had them do the alignment directly after the install and its been a week now.. had the car on the highway tonight and alignment is still perfect..
Old 09-07-07 | 10:58 PM
kuch123
Pole Position
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by Ex996
Car looks fabulous and is the number one cosmetic improvement. However, if you're experience is like mine and others get ready for abnormal tire wear, which WILL get under your skin. Not sure how the shop aligned the camber "within specs" as it's NOT ADJUSTABLE. The sheer geometry change forces a camber change (as wheel goes up, camber goes negative, like this:
/_____\

I'm Bitter- party of one cause no one ever talks about this.
I'm not too worried about it.. If there is any, it won't be nearly as bad as I experienced with the Boxster.. you could literally stand behind the car see the tilt of the wheel.. looks pretty straight on the GS.. actually, i'm sure I have a level around the house somewhere, maybe I'll take a look and see how vertically level the rims are sitting
Old 09-07-07 | 11:07 PM
kuch123
Pole Position
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by CVGolfer
Although I have taken my ’06 GS430 to Performance a couple of times for only warranty work, I originally bought the car from the good folks at Lexus of Dayton too. I tried to work out a deal with Performance on a 2007 IS350 but they would little to nothing to work with me so I bailed. I then drove across the river and had a deal worked out on a 2008 IS350 special order but never did feel right about having been forced to buy either a previously allocated car or have to wait four months for a car I actually wanted to arrive from Japan so I looked around on the web for options. Luckily, I found a 12,000 mile Matador Red Mica with Cashmere GS430 at Lexus of Dayton’s Certified (they say it is the only stand-alone pre-owned location in the country) pre-owned store. I drove the 30 minutes to see the car and their staff treated me extremely well from minute one. The GS was in perfect shape, looked like new, drove like new, had every option but radar cruise but still only cost similar money to the IS350 is was looking to buy, so I bought it. And am I ever glad I did move up to the GS, it is so much more car than the IS.

Yeah, the new Performance building will have a fitness facility, a day care center, etc. for their customers but I still won’t be rushing down to buy my next Lexus from them until they change their attitude toward their customers.

Scott

That's great! Yea, they are the only city with dual dealerships less than a mile from eachother.. Was Diane or Scott your sales rep by any chance?

Ron
Old 09-08-07 | 12:41 AM
movinquick
Pole Position

Originally Posted by drewdogg80
This is the one issue that keeps me from getting the springs myself. Love the stance and handling, but I hate negative camber and uneven tire wear associated with it. I also dislike the stress of watching out for dips, speed bumps, steep driveways, etc...
But I have to drool everytime I see pics of everyone's lower rides.
the nf210s have a conservative drop (1.5front/1.0rear). you will experience minor neg camber, nf210s are designed more for comfort with a slight drop, not like the others that let you slam you car. i don't think you'll have to worry any extra about bumps unless you hit severely messed up streets. i'm about to get these same springs for my car. i'm taking out my tein flex's which my back can't tolerate. these seem like the way to go.