Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Zeals or Tein CS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-08, 09:52 AM
KIEUGS3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zeals or Tein CS?

Okay fellow members, your rides inspired me ...

I think im ready to take the leap. I'm ready to lower my 06 gs300.

I've searched many threads about Tein CS and heard alot of good things about them. But I havent heard much about the Zeal Coilovers.

I want to keep a comfortable ride, Its a daily driver and I usually have passengers in the back, and I dont want to hear the wife complaining about the noise/bouncey or harsh ride.

I was getting ready to purchase the Teins because of their "comfortable ride" when a fellow member insisted I check out the Zeals. A bit more pricey, but suppose to be alot better??

What do you guys think? and can anyone give me feed back with your expieriences with TEINS CS or Zeals.

I plan on getting 20" rims with a staggered setup, and wont be tucking or dumping the ride. and have a lip kit all the way around. Just want a nice clean drop without losing too much ride quality.

Any suggestions, comments, etc would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks !

Last edited by KIEUGS3; 03-21-08 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-21-08, 03:57 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Ride quality I would choose Tein CS.. I'm currently using TEIN CS and i love the ride quality. I"m very very close to zero finger gap all around. If you want to dump and slammmed your car, i'll stay away from TEIN CS.

I would check out the JIC coilover system. Maximun drop and quality aint bad at all.

tommy
Old 03-21-08, 05:34 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Zeal Coilovers are usually not talked about because they are very pricey. They are a quality coilover system. A little more on the harsh side vs. the Tein CS-T. Tein CS-T like Tommy mentioned above as far as ride quality is the way to go.
Old 03-21-08, 06:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yup, zeal stuff are expensive. i did a quick search and didn't find the spring rates, but if i remember correctly, between tein, tanabe, and jic, the tein can achieve the softest ride

nowadays i don't look for the max performance, cosmetic is on a higher priority for me, as long as ride is good. with that criteria, tein fits my need pretty well, especially with the price tag
Old 03-21-08, 06:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yup, zeal stuff are expensive. i did a quick search and didn't find the spring rates, but if i remember correctly, between tein, tanabe, and jic, the tein can achieve the softest ride

nowadays i don't look for the max performance, cosmetic is on a higher priority for me, as long as ride is good. with that criteria, tein fits my need pretty well, especially with the price tag
I agree. The old hardcore tuning is pretty much on hold for me now. I prefer the cosmetic mods on the lexus. I would stick the tein. As cool as it is to set the car up for much improved handling it costs to much in the ride department. What I learned after 5 yrs of driving a car with a fully tuned suspension( including upgraded busgings, upper contraol arms ) you realize that you are trading ride quality all the time for the for the maybe once or twice a day where you really push the car