Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Anyone rocking the Tanabe Seven coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-08, 01:17 PM
Wheel Boy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone rocking the Tanabe Seven coilovers?

Does anyone have these coilovers on their GS. How do they feel? Is it worth it?
Old 05-09-08, 01:22 PM
Net Junky
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

from looking at thespec i'd go with the five. spring rates are about 2kg softer per corner suitable for daily driving.
Old 05-09-08, 11:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am currently looking at the % and the & with the TEAS system for adjusting the shocks from the drivers seat. I am tempted to go with the 7 bec of the higher spring rates, but I dont want to go over the edge and ruin the ride quality totally and start denting wheels bec the high spring rates stiff shocks and rubberband profile tires. I will probably go with the % with the TEAS and save the 500 bucks for an autocouture lip. Tanabe make solid products . I am sure the system is top notch. Even with the higher rates of the 7 you might just get the TEAS and leave the setting to soft.
Old 05-22-08, 10:59 AM
Wheel Boy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard most people go with the fives because of the softer spring rate. But aren't the sevens a fully threaded coilover. Ride comfort has to be better as far as fine tuning it. since they offer a hard drive kit i'm sure you can get the opposite of that and get some softer spring rate springs. Does anyone actually have these on their car?

Originally Posted by Net Junky
from looking at the spec i'd go with the five. spring rates are about 2kg softer per corner suitable for daily driving.
Old 05-22-08, 11:27 AM
Net Junky
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the shocks can go softer but with the included springs the ride will be stiff. more of a performnce setup then comfort.

if going with the sevens get lower spring rates in the 8-7kg range to give a smoother ride. these rates are even lighter then the fives but heavier then the tien CS-T.

the full threaded body has pros and cons. pros it allows fine tuning and wider range of adjustment. cons is if you don't know how to adjust it you won't benefit from it and also wider gap of error in the lowering of the vehicle. in other words more bells and whistles.

now the main thing to ask yourself is, is the extra $500 worth spending for the threaded body and stiff spring where it could be used for getting the teas and lower spring rates for the five? because both already offers adjustments to shocks anyways.

the only real benefits to getting sevens is if tracking the gs and corner weighting the car. or if the sevens had an aluminim body saving weight.
Old 05-22-08, 06:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think I am going to save the money and go with the pro 5. What I am after is lower ride height with adjustable feature bec I am tired of the right side of the car being slightly higher than the left side, and I am desperately looking to MASSIVELY improve cornering ability. This car leans / rolls like a staggering drunk under hard cornering. What I want ti know is if I really need the TEAS.