Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Anyone know if the TEAS system for tanabe coilovers is wireless

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-08, 12:45 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Anyone know if the TEAS system for tanabe coilovers is wireless

I am looking into getting a set of tanabe pro 5 coilovers for my gs350, and I was wondering if the TEAS (tanabe EDFC) is a wireless system or does it require wiring. I see how easy it is to get to the shock towers in the GS and IS, so I might not even need the system. I like the idea of being able to adjust the ayatem on the fly, but I dont want to run up cost if its going to be a pain in the *** to install as well.
Old 05-15-08, 04:58 AM
SiccMonkey
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am looking into getting a set of tanabe pro 5 coilovers for my gs350, and I was wondering if the TEAS (tanabe EDFC) is a wireless system or does it require wiring. I see how easy it is to get to the shock towers in the GS and IS, so I might not even need the system. I like the idea of being able to adjust the ayatem on the fly, but I dont want to run up cost if its going to be a pain in the *** to install as well.
i am about 99.9% percent sure it is not a wireless setup. if it was it would be the first of its kind and surely they would mention it somewhere. I think the coolest thing about the TEAS is the adaptive mode, using the VSS signal to automatically adjust the dampening. that is what i want to play with...
Old 05-15-08, 08:51 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

seriously?
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/teas.asp
Old 05-15-08, 10:21 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

yea its the exact same as the tein edfc. i use to have the tein ss with edfc on my previous car and pretty much the adjustment is at the top of the strut and there is a motor that goes on top of the ****. then all you have to do is run it to the controller and plug it in. theres actually no real wiring, you just have to mount the controller and then run the wire to it and plug it in.
Old 05-15-08, 11:08 AM
SiccMonkey
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
yea its the exact same as the tein edfc. i use to have the tein ss with edfc on my previous car and pretty much the adjustment is at the top of the strut and there is a motor that goes on top of the ****. then all you have to do is run it to the controller and plug it in. theres actually no real wiring, you just have to mount the controller and then run the wire to it and plug it in.
the only wiring besides the plug and play harnesses for each strut is to tap into the VSS wire but that is easy enough to get to...just tap into the one that runs into the deck/nav unit