Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Tein CST killed the intrusive traction control

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-08, 12:14 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Tein CST killed the intrusive traction control

I have noticed that since the car had the coilovers I have not had the stupid traction control light come on no matter how hard I take off if turning onto another street. This is another huge advantage of the Tein CST. Good ride, good looks, and improves driveability all at the same time. I should have just done the coilovers from the get go and saved alot of time and money.

anyone else had the same kind of experience with springs or coilovers??
Attached Thumbnails Tein CST killed the intrusive traction control-img_0005.jpg  
Old 08-07-08, 01:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

didn't i say, told you so?

do it once and do it right.
Old 08-07-08, 05:32 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
didn't i say, told you so?

do it once and do it right.
Sig worthy
Old 08-07-08, 01:17 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I understand that coilovers provide better handling, but how does that prevent the traction control from coming on? Is there a difference whether the vehicle is FWD or RWD, or if the car is lowered with springs or coilovers?
Old 08-07-08, 01:44 PM
cbryce
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because the car sits lower to the floor so there having a lower center gravity giving it more traction on all four wheels n ot to mention the wider tires thats also helps.
Old 08-07-08, 01:49 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

So you are saying the traction is so improved that VSC never has to kick in anymore ?? Have you accelerated while turning when there is some water on the pavement near the curb? Would it kick in if you lost traction?
Old 08-07-08, 04:42 PM
TXprfrmnce
Driver

Lookin' good man! Actually yes, since having the coilovers I did notice less occurance. Never drove on springs myself so I have less to compare.

I will have to keep an eye out for you next week, I will be in Phx/Tempe!
Old 08-07-08, 04:45 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXprfrmnce
Lookin' good man! Actually yes, since having the coilovers I did notice less occurance. Never drove on springs myself so I have less to compare.

I will have to keep an eye out for you next week, I will be in Phx/Tempe!
woo.. look for me.. look for me
Old 08-07-08, 09:04 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

It does intrude alot less and higher performance tires help out alot also!

Seems like you are loving your new coilovers, very nice to see and we need more pics....lol
Old 08-07-08, 10:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks guys, and yes I am really happy with the new set up. Rominl , you were right 110%. I should have just dropped the extra money from the beginning and had the ultimate set up. I am loving the edfc. The only thing that was strange was that the tech at the shop mounted the edfc in the console upside down. He did it purpose because the cooling vents on the top side of the box would be up against the console liner and wouldnt be able to cool as well. I lived with it for 24 hrs, then called tein. The guy at tein told me tat the edfc shoulld still be able to disapate heat decently, and the fact that the velcro mounting tape is at least 1.5-2.0 mm thick it will still leave a little room for ventalation. I just kept thinking to myself ....are you going to drive around for the next 5-6 yrs with the edfc mounted upside down. Hell NO. I purchased some black velcro tape ( matches the inside of the console better than white), ripped the old velcro off the edfc and the inside of the console and remounted it right side up with a better matching velcro. The only issue now is that I could see the numbers on the screen better when the display was upside down. The display on the box is best viewed straight on. If you look at it from an angle it dimmer.
Old 08-08-08, 12:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

regarding vsc, no, it doesn't take away the traction problem completely. i am sure if you are at stop, crank it all the way, floor it, vsc will kick in happily

but the coilovers with stiffer springs and shocks, it will help to plant all corners of the car to the ground more profound than stock. in that case you get more traction and thus vsc is happy

after i put on my tein i got less vsc kick in as well, only if i am really going at it (stupidly at times)
Old 08-08-08, 12:31 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
regarding vsc, no, it doesn't take away the traction problem completely. i am sure if you are at stop, crank it all the way, floor it, vsc will kick in happily

but the coilovers with stiffer springs and shocks, it will help to plant all corners of the car to the ground more profound than stock. in that case you get more traction and thus vsc is happy

after i put on my tein i got less vsc kick in as well, only if i am really going at it (stupidly at times)
Ah, that's what I thought; the way the OP described it, I thought it completely eliminated the VSC from kicking in. Thx Henry for the clarification!
Old 08-08-08, 10:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

No what I was getting at is the large increase in traction and stability from the dialed in suspension that prevents the slippage that causes the system to intrude
Old 08-10-08, 09:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

The traction control light reared its ugly head today. I was cruising with the wife and I ripped it out of a corner and there it was. I am still happy that it occurs less but I will keep playing with the edfc to decrease it. If you reduce the damping rates in the rear or increase it in the front it should decrease oversteer and maybe decrease the tendency for the hypersensitive system to act
Attached Thumbnails Tein CST killed the intrusive traction control-img_0008.jpg