Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Eibach lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-08, 10:13 PM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach lowering springs?

Anyone have them installed, and if so was it worth the investment? I am looking to clear up some of that wheel gap while improving the handling.
Old 08-18-08, 12:30 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want a mild drop get Tanabe NF210's ( .8" Front and 1.1" rear)

if you want to make your car look more dropped, get the Tanabe DF210's! (i believe they are somewhere around 1.8" Front and 2.0" rear)

if you want to do it correctly, get coilovers!

not many people are using the Eibachs i dont think
Old 08-18-08, 09:52 AM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

and how important are getting new shocks with the news set of springs?
Old 08-18-08, 12:24 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Xwakeboard
There's no need to get new shocks when u get lowered springs. Most of the lowered springs only drop the cars around 1" or so. The factory shocks should be sufficient. If u are thinking about getting shocks as well, u should just invest in coilovers. I'm sure the cost won't be too much different & coilovers have been designed & R&D'd as a set anyway.

Coilovers are approx $1600-$3000 and a set of springs are only around $300 bucks!!!

Remember....... You get what u pay for!
Old 08-18-08, 01:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

imho, it's important. stock shocks are too soft for lowering springs. my friend had a lot of trouble with a lowered car on stock shocks, rubbing bad and easily bottom out

do it right (ah, my sig)
Old 08-18-08, 04:55 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
imho, it's important. stock shocks are too soft for lowering springs. my friend had a lot of trouble with a lowered car on stock shocks, rubbing bad and easily bottom out...
i think it depends on which lowered springs you get though. if you get a set of DF210's with factory shocks......yeah i agree, its probly a good idea to get aftermarket shocks cuz factory shocks cant handle that big of drop! but if your getting the NF's and rolling factory shocks, your be fine. 90% of the people that have lowered springs are running their factory shocks. of coarse its not the right thing to do and you should get aftermarket shocks, but just the fact that your getting lowered springs instead of coilovers is not the right thing to do anyway!!

many, many people including myself have tried to save money and get lowered springs just for the look and sacrifice the ride quality, but what happened?........i ended up buying coilovers anyway! which in turn made me waste money!

buy coilovers instead. if you cant afford em.......save your pennies.
Old 08-18-08, 05:06 PM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

I appreciate all of the advice, after reading your posts I think I will just forget the springs all together. It sounds like a purely aesthetic mod and I am looking for something with more performance. I will just use the money and spend it on the dvd mod!

Last edited by Xwakeboard; 08-18-08 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-18-08, 07:48 PM
SilverFlare
Lead Lap

I appreciate all of the advice, after reading your posts I think I will just forget the springs all together. It sounds like a purely aesthetic mod and I am looking for something with more performance. I will just use the money and spend it on the dvd mod!

i m using eibach, it helps to clear fender gap and wont sacrifice stock ride comfort.
Old 08-18-08, 09:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
i think it depends on which lowered springs you get though. if you get a set of DF210's with factory shocks......yeah i agree, its probly a good idea to get aftermarket shocks cuz factory shocks cant handle that big of drop! but if your getting the NF's and rolling factory shocks, your be fine. 90% of the people that have lowered springs are running their factory shocks. of coarse its not the right thing to do and you should get aftermarket shocks, but just the fact that your getting lowered springs instead of coilovers is not the right thing to do anyway!!

many, many people including myself have tried to save money and get lowered springs just for the look and sacrifice the ride quality, but what happened?........i ended up buying coilovers anyway! which in turn made me waste money!

buy coilovers instead. if you cant afford em.......save your pennies.
trust me i went through the same that's how i learn, and that's why i try to tell people to do it right. i started out with acura on springs, never felt right, and on my gs400 i started doing it right and understood about the money i wasted on my acura

to date, of all the people i know, they never regret after going coilovers
Old 08-18-08, 10:37 PM
qrashla
Driver School Candidate

I just dropped my 07 GS350 with stock rim spec (18"x8") Eibachs and it looks pretty nice. But if you're not getting bigger rims then I suggest you go with another brand that drops it more than 1.3" (fronts) and 1.2" (rear). After I dropped mine it still has about 2" left. But I think dropping it added more road noise to my ride...or it just psychological on my part. Anyhow you'll love the new look with it lowered.
Old 08-18-08, 11:32 PM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by qrashla
I just dropped my 07 GS350 with stock rim spec (18"x8") Eibachs and it looks pretty nice. But if you're not getting bigger rims then I suggest you go with another brand that drops it more than 1.3" (fronts) and 1.2" (rear). After I dropped mine it still has about 2" left. But I think dropping it added more road noise to my ride...or it just psychological on my part. Anyhow you'll love the new look with it lowered.
Yeah, but how does it ride? I had an Infiniti FX35 a few years back and I put Eibachs on that, my parents drove it to school to switch cars with me and to this day they still talk about how hash the ride was in that car. The FX was known to have "unforgiving" suspension before, but the Eibachs only made it worse, now I think I know why. I am still leaning towards passing on the springs. It's not worth the hassle, if I am going to do it, let's do it right with some coilovers.