Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Tanabe Sustec Pro 7

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-08, 04:53 PM
poorbong
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Tanabe Sustec Pro 7

I'm currently running with Tanabe Sustec Pro & little disappointed. It is little bouncy than my experience with TEIN in the past. I have tried all set ups for front and back and it still seems little bouncy. Does anyone in there have Sustec Pro 7? What is your experience with them and what set up for front and back do you have for daily driven?
Old 11-28-08, 04:33 PM
Net Junky
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by poorbong
I'm currently running with Tanabe Sustec Pro & little disappointed. It is little bouncy than my experience with TEIN in the past. I have tried all set ups for front and back and it still seems little bouncy. Does anyone in there have Sustec Pro 7? What is your experience with them and what set up for front and back do you have for daily driven?
i have the five, and they seem fine to me. I have mine set in the middle (medium I believe) and it's not the softest ride, but not the hardest either. I haven't tried anything else so I have no idea what to compare with other then my honda fit or my old subaru wrx. Honda fit is bouncer on GF210 springs, and the WRX is a little stiffer. I also roll on 20"s right now too.
Old 11-28-08, 04:45 PM
poorbong
Intermediate

I had TEIN Flex on my IS300 and I loved it. I started hearing a lot of good reviews from the Tanabe and thought I would give it a try and little disappointed. I'm running 19" with 35 on the front and 30 on the back; I set it 5 F and 7 R and it's little bouncy even I change it around. I'm thinking to get rid of these and go back to TEIN. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-29-08, 03:33 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know the topic is about coils but I just wanted to add that overall, I'm disappointed in the Tanabe products. I've used Tein springs and coilovers in the past and found them to be excellent. These Tanabe springs seem to be not as stable and they have settled too much. I wanted a 1 inch drop but now it's closer to 2 inches. I'm going back to Tein.
Old 11-30-08, 10:23 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Five's. It was set to medium but the ride was too harsh for me coming from Tein springs on my G35. I changed the setting to soft, now it’s not as stiff when I hit dips but the ride is a little bit bouncy. I happy with my coilovers pro five coilovers but my expectations were set too high for the ride quality on coilovers.
Old 11-30-08, 10:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have the Tein CST and am pretty happy. I ended up going with it because of the lower spring rates, monotube design, and recommendation of other members. I think the higher spring rate , decreased stroke because of the lowred suspension, and low pro tires will decrease ride quality. I drove my car back from LA today and started to appreciate the good ride of the coilovers, but its no stock suspension comfort by any means. I remember when I drove this thing stock for 4 weeks and I was blown away at the ride quality. especially after rolling a dropped G35 sedan for a few yrs.

I know the mon tube vs. the twin tube design is not to clear to alot of people, but the monotube design is a superior design. That and the higher spring rate is what my guess would be

Last edited by I8ABMR; 11-30-08 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-02-08, 12:48 AM
poorbong
Intermediate

good info, thanks! I'm tempting to go back to TEIN but that's spending at least another 1600s....