Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Tein CS owners please chime in...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-09, 05:49 PM
Jaylex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tein CS owners please chime in...

So I am piecing my ride together and bought my rims, now need suggestions on suspension. I've been doing some searches and it seems like the tein cs coils are the standard, followed by tanabe fives, megans, and nex. If you own the tein cs could you please tell me why you decided on them, pros and cons, how the ride is, and if your happy with the coils. I'll be making a decision in the near future and was looking at the nex becuase of the price but I want to get other oppinions.

Thanks....
Old 02-08-09, 07:28 PM
teemunz
Driver

I went with Tein CS based on other CL'ers feedback. I'm pretty happy with them...my ride is still smooth...its a little more pricey, especially if you go with the EDFC kit. I figured its a Lexus so to keep that comfy feel you have to pay the extra coin. I recommend them.
Old 02-08-09, 07:39 PM
Jaylex
Rookie

Well since I plan on keeping this car for a few years (I think) I guess it would be better to get the teins if they have the best ride out of the bunch.

teemunz, I see you have 20's, any rubbing issues, how low did you take it down? Any fender mods necessary.
Old 02-08-09, 08:01 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the CST... my friend recommended them along with CL members... The ride is very smooth still compared to stock. If you are planning to keep your car for a while, go with Teins CST. The only con I think of was the price when I bought it. Check the vendor forum b/c I think they had some specials running... GL with your decision
Old 02-08-09, 09:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i like tein from my experience (cs on my sc430, ha on my is300, ha/flex/cs on my gs400). imho, tein is very good for the money. i think they give a very fair performance / comfort for the price i pay

with that said, i definitely wouldn't rate them high for performance, i know some other coilovers like the jic performs much better. the tein cst for the 3gs also doesn't drop the car as much as some other coilovers too

quality is one thing i am confident in tein. the 5 sets of coilovers i had before (tein) worked well and never a problem
Old 02-10-09, 03:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i am with your friend. in fact after the first 2 days of adjustment i haven't even touched the edfc at all. i don't see myself adjusting it, even if i am racing people.

on the spring rate, tein cst are 7 both front and rear. unconfirmed, but jic might be
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4169479-post41.html

if that's true, then it seems cst is quite a bit softer. but of course, dampening is another factor too (which is adjustable)
Old 02-10-09, 05:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i have no idea about the depening range and how they compare between manufacturers to manufacturers

all i can say is on my tein cst, between stiffest and softest, even at the same ride height, the difference is significant
Old 02-10-09, 07:12 PM
teemunz
Driver

Originally Posted by Jaylex
Well since I plan on keeping this car for a few years (I think) I guess it would be better to get the teins if they have the best ride out of the bunch.

teemunz, I see you have 20's, any rubbing issues, how low did you take it down? Any fender mods necessary.
I initially had slight rubbing from deep dips on the highway...I had a little less than a half inch shaved from the inside of my rear fenders. No rubbing ever since and drop to the lowest on the back.
Old 02-10-09, 11:04 PM
Jaylex
Rookie

This is all good to know, I've never lowered any of my cars in the past, and these arent exactly the cheapest coil's for our cars so I wanted to get some feedback first. I'm probably going to place my order in the next week or two, should be here in time to get it slapped on for the spring time. I was thinking about the edfc too but most acknowledge that once the dampining is set you dont really need to make frequent changes and when you do its not that difficult.
Old 02-11-09, 01:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

correct, adjusting the dampening isn't hard at all. doesn't take me more than 2 mins to adjust all 4 of them. it's no brainer. to me the only reason to get edfc would be to adjust it from inside the car when you are driving. how often? to me it's zero.
Old 02-11-09, 11:26 AM
Jaylex
Rookie

Cool, I found a great deal for the coils and the install....So now I just gotta find some tires and I'll be ready to introduce her here on the forms....The countdown is on!!!!!!!