Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

AWD guys wanting coilovers, please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-09 | 09:20 PM
01a4man
Pole Position

Wow,

So that's what my car looks like!! Not being smart, I bought it and haven't even seen it yet. Thanks for the pics CircuitMS, it looks great and the drop should be perfect with the 20's.
Old 05-02-09 | 12:24 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tungo
vibrations?
BCR said there were some slight vibrations when they first installed them, but they went away after only a few miles of driving. It takes a bit for the springs to settle on the coilvoers and they think this is what happened. When I drove it, it was as smooth as butta.

Originally Posted by -the.k.w.c
does it go lower?
Yes it will go much lower than the current settings

Originally Posted by 01a4man
Wow,

So that's what my car looks like!! Not being smart, I bought it and haven't even seen it yet. Thanks for the pics CircuitMS, it looks great and the drop should be perfect with the 20's.
Hey I have driven your car before you have

CMS and BCR would like to thank you for your help in this project. I'm sure everyone will agree you helped out big time.

Old 05-02-09 | 06:43 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

yeah...01a4man.....big thanks for allowing them to use your car for testing!!
Old 05-02-09 | 07:20 PM
tungo
Intermediate

the setup that 01a4man has, is it pillowball or rubber mounts?
Old 05-02-09 | 10:19 PM
01a4man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
BCR said there were some slight vibrations when they first installed them, but they went away after only a few miles of driving. It takes a bit for the springs to settle on the coilvoers and they think this is what happened. When I drove it, it was as smooth as butta.

Yes it will go much lower than the current settings

Hey I have driven your car before you have

CMS and BCR would like to thank you for your help in this project. I'm sure everyone will agree you helped out big time.

You most certainly did drive it before me It's all good though. No need to thank me guys. CircuitMS and BCR are the real people to thank. Without them this would have never happened and we'd still be complaining about spring drop rates. Thanks to everyone.
Old 05-03-09 | 05:50 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Haha ok, this was a grup effort, but thanks :0

And you're welcome.

tungo - He has both front and rear rubber mounts IIRC, I'll have to double check. Fronts may have been pillowball.
Old 05-16-09 | 07:00 AM
Evel
Driver

I see this thread has gone cold since May 3rd. Any additional updates on the general availability of the new c-o kit developed by BCR/CMS? Can it be purchased on-line via CMS or directly from BCR only? Also, regarding the pics of the test car. Are those stock wheels, because I thought 01a4man's car was used & his car bio states he has 20" wheels. I only ask because I'm trying to imagine how my car would look with the c-o installed with the stock wheels on my car. Don't know if or when I'll go to 20" which seems to be the popular wheel size of choice for those who have have upgraded. Finally, thanks to all who worked to give us AWD GS owners a tailor made lowering option.
Old 05-17-09 | 10:47 AM
01a4man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Evel
I see this thread has gone cold since May 3rd. Any additional updates on the general availability of the new c-o kit developed by BCR/CMS? Can it be purchased on-line via CMS or directly from BCR only? Also, regarding the pics of the test car. Are those stock wheels, because I thought 01a4man's car was used & his car bio states he has 20" wheels. I only ask because I'm trying to imagine how my car would look with the c-o installed with the stock wheels on my car. Don't know if or when I'll go to 20" which seems to be the popular wheel size of choice for those who have have upgraded. Finally, thanks to all who worked to give us AWD GS owners a tailor made lowering option.
That is my car. The 20's are being made and have not come in yet. I also have not seen my car yet. Those pics are the first time that I have seen it.
Old 05-17-09 | 05:25 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry for the delay, I talked with BCR and they were just working on a final work for the AWD GS stuff.

It's basically ready and it's due out very soon. We will anounce when the final production run is on the go.

Thanks for your patience!
Old 05-18-09 | 03:56 PM
Evel
Driver

Default Status of C-O Kit & Wheel Size

Originally Posted by 01a4man
That is my car. The 20's are being made and have not come in yet. I also have not seen my car yet. Those pics are the first time that I have seen it.
01a4man,

Thanks for the clarifying the wheel size in pics vs your car bio. Again, congrats on the modifications & thanks for your part in getting the c-o development rolling! If you're still in Iraq, be safe!
Old 05-18-09 | 03:58 PM
Evel
Driver

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
Sorry for the delay, I talked with BCR and they were just working on a final work for the AWD GS stuff.

It's basically ready and it's due out very soon. We will anounce when the final production run is on the go.

Thanks for your patience!
C-MS,

Thanks for the update. I'll be watchful for the announcement of availability, how & where to buy.
Old 05-20-09 | 07:12 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

so after the first batch, when can others purchase these? I just put my 20s on and i cant stand the height.
Old 05-26-09 | 10:49 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

the anticipation is killing me
Old 05-26-09 | 02:32 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Getting close!

BCR is supposed to call me back early tomorrow for an ETA on arrival.

We will be selling these after the pre-orders have been filled, for those who did not get in on the first order.
Old 06-01-09 | 11:26 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

any word??

Quick Reply: AWD guys wanting coilovers, please read