Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F sport sway bar offical thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09, 11:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

At this point I want them so bad I keep thinking of just going in to the parts dept and ordering them anyway. I am trying to remain patient
Old 06-27-09, 10:05 AM
derfp2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOO...guess the GS 3rd gen has had the different rear swaybar from the begining, but only the 09IS has it now...
Old 06-27-09, 06:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I am thinking of changing the exhaust back to the stock set up, doing a 285/25 rear tire ( or 255/30 front), andinstall the F sport sway bars. My car will be going through a little metamorphosis over the next 2 months. I am excited
Old 06-29-09, 07:53 PM
sonikbo0m
Driver

I noticed on the site that for RWD sways, it lists for front and rear. But for the AWD, it only lists sways for the rear. Is it worth it to buy for the AWD? I think the price is still the same. Thanks.
Old 07-01-09, 06:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Default 3GS F Sport sway bar review by I8ABMR ( handling guru )

I recived my F sort sway bars today and had them installed at the dealership. I recieved the 20% off because its July 1st.

PRICING:

Total price ( with discount) : $428.08

Installation price was (front and rear ) $272.59.

Install time was about 1.5 hrs - 2.0 hrs

Review:

The car handles about 30- 40 % flatter when cornering ( subjective).
The front feels very secure especially on tight corners while the rear is stiff, but still complient enough to allow some roll to provide better grip and less oversteer ( not likely with a 275 rear tire). The steering feels about 25% more direct and provides more feed back in terms of allowing the driver to feel more precisely the input in the wheel.

In terms of normal freeway driving I feel 0% change in comfort or smoothness while cruising. All in all Lexus absolutely nailed when they designed these sway bars. They are confidence inspiring, but at the same time dont create any understeer or oversteer. This mod in my opinion is a no brainer mod because there is no real negative. I even drove the car over a few speed bumps on the way home and felt no issues with comfort.

I feel that because my car has the coilovers on it, the F sport sway bars kit is a beautiful compliment to the suspension set up I am running. I did feel like I needed to stiffen the shocks to really extract as much handling ability as I could from this fat girl, but all in all it works very well and I hope this info will help many other members get the courage and money together and get themselves down to the Lexus parts department and get these parts ordered

I would strongly recommend this mod to any Lexus 3GS driver regardless of wether your car is bone stock or if you have a full coilover set up like myself. It is the only performance modification that you can make to a suspension with only positive results. springs, coilovers, and stiffer shocks will all degrade comfort. For those members who want the Lexus comfort while retaining maximum handling this is the mod for you. I gaurantee you will love them

( note to moderators: dont merge this thread. This is not a general discussion on when they will come out or questions on what sway bars do... Its a full review with all of the pricing and handling characteristics)
Attached Thumbnails F sport sway bar offical thread-09-02-11-lexus-f-sport-logo.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-01-09 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-09-09, 06:45 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I recived my F sort sway bars today and had them installed at the dealership. I recieved the 20% off because its July 1st.

PRICING:

Review:

The front feels very secure especially on tight corners while the rear is stiff, but still complient enough to allow some roll to provide better grip and less oversteer ( not likely with a 275 rear tire). The steering feels about 25% more direct and provides more feed back in terms of allowing the driver to feel more precisely the input in the wheel.

In terms of normal freeway driving I feel 0% change in comfort or smoothness while cruising. All in all Lexus absolutely nailed when they designed these sway bars. They are confidence inspiring, but at the same time dont create any understeer or oversteer. This mod in my opinion is a no brainer mod because there is no real negative. I even drove the car over a few speed bumps on the way home and felt no issues with comfort.

I feel that because my car has the coilovers on it, the F sport sway bars kit is a beautiful compliment to the suspension set up I am running. I did feel like I needed to stiffen the shocks to really extract as much handling ability as I could from this fat girl, but all in all it works very well and I hope this info will help many other members get the courage and money together and get themselves down to the Lexus parts department and get these parts ordered

I would strongly recommend this mod to any Lexus 3GS driver regardless of wether your car is bone stock or if you have a full coilover set up like myself. It is the only performance modification that you can make to a suspension with only positive results. springs, coilovers, and stiffer shocks will all degrade comfort. For those members who want the Lexus comfort while retaining maximum handling this is the mod for you. I gaurantee you will love them

( note to moderators: dont merge this thread. This is not a general discussion on when they will come out or questions on what sway bars do... Its a full review with all of the pricing and handling characteristics)
Just got mine done today and I was skeptical at first on wether to get them. I do Not regret it ! The sways really improved handling when taking turns the car feels more secure but rear is a little stiff. If you hit a scretch of bumpy road you hear some clunking from suspension. The ride is still complaint and steering even feels tighter. I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference in diameter of bars from stock to F-sport?
Old 07-09-09, 07:35 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by e39ng
Received mine yesterday......thanks Sewell...
Installed already and a very noticeable improvement even with coilover.
I got mine today but didn't see them before install since I had dealer order & install part. The front sway bar looks the same thickness as OEM. The rear F-Sport bar looks a little thicker. Do you know if there is a big diffrence in thickness on they sway bars or is it just a stronger metal?
Old 07-09-09, 09:59 PM
NGlaser
Driver School Candidate

Default F Sport Sway Bars

Are the F Sport Sway Bars sold separately? I would like to just get the front and pass on the rear.
Old 07-10-09, 06:00 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

I just had my install at dealer, does your car make small clunking/thump sounds in rear when going over bumps? Mine does and wondering if this is the tradeoff for thicker sways.
Originally Posted by I8ABMR

PRICING:

Review:

Old 07-10-09, 06:26 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NGlaser
Are the F Sport Sway Bars sold separately? I would like to just get the front and pass on the rear.
Why would you do that?
Old 07-10-09, 08:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NGlaser
I wouldn't recommend that unless you like to induce understeer. The rear is fine imo. I think they did a great job of nailing the sway bar diameter so that it doesn't affect the ride significantly. Trust me you will never regret a sway bar upgrade
Old 07-10-09, 09:06 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bokmeipai
I just had my install at dealer, does your car make small clunking/thump sounds in rear when going over bumps? Mine does and wondering if this is the tradeoff for thicker sways.
I am getting the clunk too, odd... I am going back to the dealer to ensure the sways aren't knocking the diff or something which could do damage... at this point, there will be marks/indications.

lee
Old 07-10-09, 09:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Iam still not hearing a clunking or anything . I had the shop manager do the install. I dont think installing sway bars is to difficult but you never know. I am sure they will be able to fix it
Old 07-10-09, 09:23 PM
wingster
Driver

I installed mine today and no clunks or unusual noises.
The end link bolts need to be tightened with the car on the ground (with load).
Old 07-10-09, 10:28 PM
Inertia
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

GOOD NEWS! Its confirmed, you CAN install F-Sport Sway bars on a 2006-7 GS430! For all you Socal guys, I went to Corner 3 in Lake Forest, I only paid $85. Much cheaper than the $280 I saw a guy spend on his?
The following users liked this post:
NormzGS350 (05-30-22)

Quick Reply: F sport sway bar offical thread