Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F sport sway bar offical thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-09, 01:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Inertia
I've already installed the sway bars on a 2006 GS430 with NO problems. The only thing you have to be careful about is the installation of the bushings and the correct orientation (look at manual). Other than that it takes like 45 min - 1 hr.

I believe the only time you can't install it is if you have the AAAS but i think that's for the GS450h
i believe apsss is now an option for gs460
Old 07-14-09, 02:05 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeladisky
It doesn't feel loose at all, feels great as a matter of fact. They cannot find the problem but can definitely hear it, calling it "rather loud." They are trying things I know won't work, but will let them proceed through the process - they are a great dealer. We'll see - they still have the car.

Lee
Did the dealer find cause of noise yet? I'm curious to know.
Old 07-14-09, 02:11 PM
sprintz
Rookie

I've already installed the sway bars on a 2006 GS430 with NO problems. The only thing you have to be careful about is the installation of the bushings and the correct orientation (look at manual). Other than that it takes like 45 min - 1 hr.

I believe the only time you can't install it is if you have the AAAS but i think that's for the GS450h
Inertia...
It seems like the AVS would be tuned to the stock coils/shocks/sway bars. Have you tested whether turning on "sport" mode continues to have any noticeable effect with the new sways?
Old 07-14-09, 02:26 PM
Inertia
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't really use normal mode, its almost always on sport mode. But i do notice less body roll with the sway bars in.
Old 07-14-09, 04:03 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well mine just arrived and I also have the active suspension. I have confirmed we have different bushings and part numbers due to this OEM option.
We maybe SOL due to this. I'm still going to try when I can find time.

Old 07-14-09, 10:27 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by sprintz
Inertia...
It seems like the AVS would be tuned to the stock coils/shocks/sway bars. Have you tested whether turning on "sport" mode continues to have any noticeable effect with the new sways?
AVS only changes the shocks...you actually lose the feature if you install coilovers...it has nothing to do with sways....

Stock GS sways are black and are fixed. I'll take pics next oil change if they are not up by then.
Old 07-14-09, 11:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

add edfc and you can get more control than the standard lexus settings
Old 07-15-09, 12:18 AM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

picking up my sways tomarrow from fremont lexus imma try to do install myself and will try to post it up
Old 07-15-09, 04:39 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
AVS only changes the shocks...you actually lose the feature if you install coilovers...it has nothing to do with sways....

Stock GS sways are black and are fixed. I'll take pics next oil change if they are not up by then.
Your 100 percent correct. The difference is the bushings and mounts according to Lexus part numbers.

I'm trying to find a lift to use by this weekend. I will take lots ofpics.
Old 07-15-09, 08:34 AM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bokmeipai
Did the dealer find cause of noise yet? I'm curious to know.
No news yet....

Lee
Old 07-16-09, 06:38 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Leeladisky
No news yet....

Lee
any news yet? My mechanic told me noise from sway bars is usually from bad bushings. But wondering why it's happening if bushings are all new ?
Old 07-16-09, 10:44 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I wish you guys the best.

Worst case wait until an aftermarket company releases them. I am sure there will companies who want some of that F sport cash
Old 07-16-09, 11:40 PM
LexFather

any news yet? My mechanic told me noise from sway bars is usually from bad bushings. But wondering why it's happening if bushings are all new ?
Usually not enough grease as stated earlier....Daizen actually sells aftermarket bushings for the 2GS to help with this issue..
Old 07-16-09, 11:40 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

None... Sewell has now stepped in an is helping me out to try and find the issue... I cannot believe how great Sewell is - makes me wish I lived near them... I will buy from them again! Nonetheless, I'm not sure the outcome of this will make me smile - Lexus engineers stated that these were absolutely not made for the GS4xx series of vehicles. But, as posted here, there has been success with sways on these vehicles by other owners. I'm not sure why there is an issue on my vehicle... could the sways or bushings actually be defective? Any comments? If you look in TIS, the front sways have the same part #'s GS3 and GS4, the rears however, do not... the irony here is, apparently the noise is coming from the front of my vehicle! I am just cursed... lmao.
Old 07-16-09, 11:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

if it's from the bushings are they sure they didn't overtighten the screws for the bushing? overtighten will cause noise. tq has to be very accurate and a lot of time locktite is used to hold the screws

Quick Reply: F sport sway bar offical thread