Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F-Sport Springs...Any info or tech specs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-09, 08:23 AM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question F-Sport Springs...Any info or tech specs?

Hello,

i am looking for any technically information regarding the F-sport springs that are out for the GS such as spring rates and the amount of drop it gives. Any information at all will be greatly appreciated. i'm trying to find out any info that might help with a drop for an GS350awd compared to the tanabe NF210's . Thank you!
Old 06-15-09, 08:32 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

check out BC racing/circuit motorsports for the AWD coilovers; they just came out. there is also a thread specifically for the AWD drop options. go back a few days and you should see the posts.
Old 06-15-09, 08:45 AM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

i know of all the drops available with the GS....however there doesn't seem to much info about specifically the F-sport springs. lexus doesn't have any info out for them yet but they are on sale from sewell lexus. it's either these springs if the specs work out or back to stock.

Coils are not an option, way to much money for only keeping the car until next spring.

the reason for the lesser drop over the NF's is the drive train wobble that is occurring in the car with the NF's. partly in due to i think the drastic angle in which the front drive shafts are sitting and also the seating of the NF's on the mounts.
Old 06-15-09, 09:04 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ah. i would imagine you could contact the dealer to get the info you need, since they are the ones selling; the service guys should have some info, at least. i agree, i would not shell out the $$ for coilovers if you are not keeping the car long.
Old 06-15-09, 10:25 AM
LexFather

I'm too lazy to PM the dealers to ask...I asked in the Sewell thread, waiting an answer. Does anyone know how much F-sport IS springs drop the car?
Old 06-15-09, 10:30 AM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at this

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...in-shocks.html
Old 06-15-09, 10:35 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I'm too lazy to PM the dealers to ask...I asked in the Sewell thread, waiting an answer. Does anyone know how much F-sport IS springs drop the car?
as requested!

IS f-sport drop front: 25 mm (approx. 0.98 inches)
IS f-sport drop rear: 19 mm (approx. 0.75 inches)

i assume the drop is before the springs settles; all IS spring info from http://www.f-sport.com/#

Last edited by Stormforge; 06-15-09 at 01:15 PM. Reason: for additional clarity
Old 06-15-09, 10:37 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ReyRey305
Originally Posted by Stormforge
as requested!

IS drop front: 25 mm (approx. 0.98 inches)
IS drop rear: 19 mm (approx. 0.75 inches)

all IS spring info from http://www.f-sport.com/#
Thanks fellas. Tanabe is a 2" drop right?
Old 06-15-09, 10:41 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks fellas. Tanabe is a 2" drop right?
for IS or GS?

edit:

Tanabe DF210 for GS: front 2.0"/ rear 1.8" (approx)
Tanabe NF210 for GS: front 1.1"/ rear 0.8" (approx)

Tanabe DF210 IS250 RWD (IS350 app not available): front 1.0"/ rear 1.1"
Tanabe NF210 IS350 RWD: front 0.8"/ rear 1.0"

Last edited by Stormforge; 06-15-09 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-15-09, 12:49 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

i own an IS with the springs i know how much They drop the car.

My Father has the 07 GS350awd with the tanabe's...i want to know specifics for the GS because i bet the springs are not the same rates or drop for the GS compared to the IS since it is a heavier car.

i asked in Sewell thread on how much the drop is on the GS....no answer thats whay i came here.
Old 06-15-09, 12:52 PM
Inertia
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Uggh! Maybe it wasn't a good idea to link that page to me, I bought everything except for the BBK (it was hard to pass up the good deals)...=)
Old 06-15-09, 01:14 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by as3.0cl
i own an IS with the springs i know how much They drop the car.

My Father has the 07 GS350awd with the tanabe's...i want to know specifics for the GS because i bet the springs are not the same rates or drop for the GS compared to the IS since it is a heavier car.

i asked in Sewell thread on how much the drop is on the GS....no answer thats whay i came here.
if you compare f-sport springs to tanabe springs for the IS, you'll see that f-sport is more conservative (miminal drop). if that's what you want (minimal drop), f-sport spring is what you want. if you want something slightly lower, but not slammed, then the tanabe nf210 would be your best bet. this is all speculation of course, since there is no data available on the GS f-sport spring drop. but this would be a good guess
Old 06-15-09, 01:32 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

were already on tanabes' and caused a rear upper control link to come out and break....for the awd especially for the 06's they have a drive train wobble...where u actually feel the car shake on the highway and from a stop. with a more minimal drop, like i would assume with the F-sport springs give, there will be less stress on the drive train and minimize the extreme angle the front half shafts currently have with the TANABE drop.

all i am looking for is the F-sport specs to see the actual drop and the springs rates since the *** end also bottoms out on the bump stops over rough pavement. if it's more then what we are looking for then it's a no go, the F-sport will not be purchased and the car will go back to stock. i know some people on the board some times have the inside scoop on toyota and lexus and what they are coming out with.

Last edited by as3.0cl; 06-15-09 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-15-09, 01:37 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by as3.0cl
were already on tanabes' and caused a rear upper control link to come out and break....for the awd especially for the 06's they have a drive train wobble...where u actually feel the car shake on the highway and from a stop. with a more minimal drop like i would assume the F-sport does give there will be less stress on the drive train and minimize the extreme angle the front half shafts currently have on the TANABE drop.

all i am looking for is the F-sport specs to see the actuall drop, if it's more then what we are looking for then it's a no go. i know some people on the board some times have the inside scoop on toyota and lexus and what they are coming out with.
i don't understand how tanabe springs could have caused your rear upper control link to come out and break? which tanabe spring was it? nf210 or df210? i wonder if it's because you have awd that's causing the problem?
Old 06-15-09, 02:53 PM
GS300.ru
Pole Position

Subscribing as I’m waiting for them as well. I have got another 4 years of warranty on my car, would like to keep it.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Springs...Any info or tech specs?