Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

road magnet or tanabe

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09, 08:48 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 212 Likes on 146 Posts

no, f-sport are designed for the RWD, just as any spring so far that has come down the line. question still remains will Lexus void the warranty if "their" product is installed on the AWD since they're not supposed to be supported.

i'm not trying to slam my car...at all...just would prefer the front to be lower than it is...or at least as low as the back, all the while maintaining the ride comfort.
Old 06-24-09, 09:29 AM
Piranha12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a 08 350 AWD and i got the Tunabe. I love it, it really looks good with the stock bumper and fits really well. Let me know if you want to see pictures of it before you buy.
Old 06-24-09, 09:50 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
i was under the impression that the NF210s are as close to stock ride quality as you will get with lowering devices. do the BC coilovers match that ride quality, without vibration issues? assuming you don't go lower than the NFs...in terms of ride quality between the two.
the NF210s are the ones that come close to stock ride quality for springs only. coilovers can and do provide very good ride quality as well, and i would recommend coilovers if you plan on lowering your car more than what NF210 provides.

i was facing the same decision as you...go with coils or NF210. i knew ahead of time that i was not going to slam my car (been there, did that before), so ride comfort is more important for me. and with my last car, i was constantly scraping my front lip when going up/down sloped driveways and such. so that's another reason why i did not want to slam my car again (repainted front lip of my old car 3 times, don't want that hassle again LOL).

that's why i went with NF210 springs. it's the most cost effective solution to give you a small drop without sacrificing ride quality (why get coils to drop the same as NF210 springs when the NF210 springs can do the same for much cheaper?). if i had wanted a slightly more aggressive drop than NF210, i would have went with coilovers, no brainer, hands down choice for sure. hope this helps.
Old 06-24-09, 09:53 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

have you had any vibration issues? the less drops - tein h tech, tanabe nf210, f-sport - should have the least amount of affect on this. again, check out the AWD thread for some good information. i like the coilover system because i can raise the car back up easily for winter driving, as well as being able to tune the suspension to the way i would like the car to feel. i just have to figure out what that is...lol.
Old 06-24-09, 09:57 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

storm - was/is your car AWD? that is the concern,as none of the springs are made for AWD. coils seem to be the only drop designed specifically for AWD...
Old 06-24-09, 10:53 AM
DjVolume
Driver

Originally Posted by Piranha12
I also have a 08 350 AWD and i got the Tunabe. I love it, it really looks good with the stock bumper and fits really well. Let me know if you want to see pictures of it before you buy.
can you post some pics? did u loose the ridequality? and problems at all?
Old 06-24-09, 01:12 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan78
storm - was/is your car AWD? that is the concern,as none of the springs are made for AWD. coils seem to be the only drop designed specifically for AWD...
nope, my car is RWD. but i've read some AWD members who are dropped with tanabe nf210 springs with no vibration problems. so it's either a hit or miss.

true, bc coilovers are specifically designed for the AWD, and should be a good match for AWD owners looking to drop their car.

i was just pointing out that if a person only wanted to do a minimal drop (nf210 drop only), it would not make sense to get coilovers. ultimately coilovers give you the most flexibility, and you can't go wrong with it.
Old 06-24-09, 01:21 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 212 Likes on 146 Posts

So it sounds like either the NFs or the F-Sport...depending how low I want to go, but there's not much difference between the two...and the F-sports are actually "approved" by Lexus.

Thinking I may got F-sport springs with the 19" f-sport wheels....especially with that crazy sale that Sewell is running right now. Still trying to determine if I like the dark graphite color of the F-sport wheels.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 06-24-09, 05:35 PM
DjVolume
Driver

jture i am actually thinking of doingn the same thing but no one can confirm if the f sport springs will fit the awd

Old 06-25-09, 04:11 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

they will fit, they are just probably designed for the rwd gs.