Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Coilovers for AWD GS350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-09, 11:03 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

nah no extenders yet for me. im getting some work done next week on the car so im waiting to see how the funds looks for everything.
Old 07-10-09, 11:11 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

i got confused too, when i opened the box and saw is250AWD stickers stamped all over.. i started installing coilovers late last night, and only finished the rear.. i believe those extenders will come in handy when you want to play around with dampening.. i think i will cut a small hole in the liner, so i can adjust it w/ full liners intact. rear height was about 2 finger gaps also, but when i finish the rest, i will prob go w/ zero finger gap front n back.. just little worried about rubbing though.

*telmz1*
did you have that vibration also with the DF210? i probably have the worst vibration out of all lowered AWDs here. not sure if the coilovers will help reduce that vibration, but we'll see..
Old 07-10-09, 11:13 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by telmz1
I'll try to raise it up a bit this weekend - hopefully its easy. The last coilovers I ever played with were ground controls on my integra 12 years ago!
LOL.. so did i.. had 94 gs-r..
Old 07-10-09, 11:22 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes I had vibrations with the DF210s. The level of vibration is the same during launch. Actually, when at stop, the vibration in the car is more thus causing a bunch of creaking noises.. totally sucks.

Originally Posted by stvincent
i got confused too, when i opened the box and saw is250AWD stickers stamped all over.. i started installing coilovers late last night, and only finished the rear.. i believe those extenders will come in handy when you want to play around with dampening.. i think i will cut a small hole in the liner, so i can adjust it w/ full liners intact. rear height was about 2 finger gaps also, but when i finish the rest, i will prob go w/ zero finger gap front n back.. just little worried about rubbing though.

*telmz1*
did you have that vibration also with the DF210? i probably have the worst vibration out of all lowered AWDs here. not sure if the coilovers will help reduce that vibration, but we'll see..
Old 07-10-09, 11:26 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

definitly raise it up. you might be having the same problem i was. after about 5 mins of driving, when the car was stopped, i had real bad vibrations. since raising it, it has gone away.

check the height of your car too and see if its level from front to back.
Old 07-10-09, 11:26 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Haha..same here!. I never thought I'd be doing this stuff again. Good thing I didn't buy the e60 sports package like I was supposed to, they have lots of toys to buy.

But if I did - i wouldn't need to buy coilovers or deal with all this vibration and rattling!

Originally Posted by stvincent
LOL.. so did i.. had 94 gs-r..
Old 07-10-09, 11:28 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

What is your fender height from the floor? I'm at 26.5" all around.

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
definitly raise it up. you might be having the same problem i was. after about 5 mins of driving, when the car was stopped, i had real bad vibrations. since raising it, it has gone away.

check the height of your car too and see if its level from front to back.
Old 07-10-09, 11:46 AM
StrmRdr23
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beaconhill
Does anyone know who makes a coilover system for a 2009 GS AWD?
ayo! you pick these up yet? i can bring my camera and take pics of the install to post up.
Old 07-10-09, 12:13 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Sorry I wasn't able to take pictures of the install to share. They had like 4 cars in the garage and made me wait outside. I met this cool guy - rampage jackson - apparently some famous UFC fighter? Sorry don't watch UFC. He was getting some work done on his big azz truck. We were too busy checking out this escalade getting 30" rims installed and dropped.

I guess there is the huge UFC fight this weekend they were all talking about so I'm going to check that out.

Originally Posted by StrmRdr23
ayo! you pick these up yet? i can bring my camera and take pics of the install to post up.
Old 07-10-09, 12:27 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

What is your fender height from the floor? I'm at 26.5" all around.
to be honest, i dont know my overall height. where on the fender are you measuring to? direct center of the wheel well?
Old 07-10-09, 12:32 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry I wasn't able to take pictures of the install to share. They had like 4 cars in the garage and made me wait outside. I met this cool guy - rampage jackson - apparently some famous UFC fighter? Sorry don't watch UFC. He was getting some work done on his big azz truck. We were too busy checking out this escalade getting 30" rims installed and dropped.

I guess there is the huge UFC fight this weekend they were all talking about so I'm going to check that out.
thats pretty cool. yea jackson is one of the popular ufc fighters and yes there is ufc 100 on this saturday from vegas.
Old 07-10-09, 02:24 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

yes center of wheel well

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
to be honest, i dont know my overall height. where on the fender are you measuring to? direct center of the wheel well?
Old 07-12-09, 12:03 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

how bout some more feedback on these coils? im really not liking hearing about all these vibrations still. especially if you cant drop it really low without it vibrating like crazy.
Old 07-12-09, 06:14 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Raised it up about 1" (27" from the floor to fender) which is the same drop as the F Sport gives you and still have vibrations during accerleration between 10-20 mph.

Iocca - do you have vibrations now?
Old 07-13-09, 07:32 AM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Raised it up about 1" (27" from the floor to fender) which is the same drop as the F Sport gives you and still have vibrations during accerleration between 10-20 mph.

Iocca - do you have vibrations now?
I havent purchased them yet, i wanted to hear some feedback first, and so far, its not looking good. I wish i would have done some more research about this car before buying it. i would much rather have the rwd as i dont even need the awd.

Quick Reply: Coilovers for AWD GS350?