Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

07 AWD Lowered with F-Sport Springs! (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-09, 08:38 PM
riles200
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the write up arnieosp. That is just what I was looking for. I am thinking of making the plunge as well.
Old 11-03-09, 04:40 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by riles200
Thanks for the write up arnieosp. That is just what I was looking for. I am thinking of making the plunge as well.
Do it~ Thanks arnieosp!
Old 11-03-09, 07:28 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

you have any after pics?

you sure the F-Sport has more of a drop than the Tanabe? Tanabe's website says 1.4" in the front and 1" in the rear....F-Sport says 1" inch front and rear. Not complaining that the F-sport will be lower, just goes against everything I've seen on specs.

By the way, I've seen people mention WOT when referring to how the car drives with springs...what does WOT mean, and how does that apply to how the car drives? Thanks
Old 11-03-09, 08:51 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

Looks perfect IMO. Definitely my next mod.
Old 11-03-09, 09:22 AM
CAK 500
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
you have any after pics?

you sure the F-Sport has more of a drop than the Tanabe? Tanabe's website says 1.4" in the front and 1" in the rear....F-Sport says 1" inch front and rear. Not complaining that the F-sport will be lower, just goes against everything I've seen on specs.

By the way, I've seen people mention WOT when referring to how the car drives with springs...what does WOT mean, and how does that apply to how the car drives? Thanks
Probably "waste of time".
Old 11-03-09, 09:43 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

you have any after pics?

Originally Posted by CAK 500
Probably "waste of time".
Wide Open Throttle...
Old 11-03-09, 04:08 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Read post #47. I was compairing the F-Sport to Tanabe NF210, not DF210. F-Sports falls between NF and DF.
Old 11-03-09, 05:56 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

F-Sport: Front 25mm (.98") drop....Rear 19mm drop (.74")

Tanabe NF210: Front 1.1" drop....Rear 0.8" drop (looking at the GS350 RWD line on the chart from their website)

Maybe I'm missing something....
Old 11-03-09, 10:24 PM
arnieosp
Racer

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...d=203881&nbc=Y

It says 25mm for both front and rear. I guess, you are somewhat right, because the NF drops the front 1.1 inch, which is what, 24.5mm? The rear, however, is 0.8in Tanabe vs 25mm F-Sport. We are talking splitting hair here.
Old 12-24-09, 10:01 AM
Paul_in_PA
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the AWD sits higher than the RWD can we conclude that the F-Sport springs will drop the AWD more than ~1"?

Does anyone know difference in the ride height specs between the RWD and AWD?

The gap on my '07 GS350 AWD has been killing me for years! I love the looks of the GS, but up here in the NE the AWD is the only option at the dealerships. I had to take what I could get, even though it looks like I have a lift kit. Everytime I walk to my car in a parking lot I stare at the 4x4 gap and the awful 17" OEM rims. After a couple of years it was all I could look at!

Finally, when I had my 30K service apt earlier this month they indicated it was time for new run flats. Wrong . . . It was time for a set of 20s! Just brought home the car with 20x8.5 TSW Snettertons. So much better . . . but still too much gap! I don't want to slam it, but want to be able to clinb in without needing running boards.

I like the idea of the F-Sport springs, especially if I might get a little more gap reduction coming off the AWD stilts. Let me know if anyone knows the difference between the RWD and AWD heights. Also, what's the deal with the front sitting almost ~1" higher than the rear on AWD?
Old 12-24-09, 06:06 PM
arnieosp
Racer

I had the same problem with my 08 AWD, it just looked like a freaking Jeep. The F-sport springs fixed that problem, my car looks normal now. However, if you are after the "slammed" look, the F-sport is not for you.
Old 12-27-09, 01:18 PM
Paul_in_PA
Rookie

After reading every post I could find about dropping an AWD GS 350. It sounds like the vibrating issue is correlated directly to the depth of the drop on the front end and not based on which spring manufacturer you choose or whether they are designated as RWD or AWD springs.

Has anyone tried to test this theory with a stock OEM wheel and suspension set up (and which does not have any identified vibration issues) by loading the front end with extra weight to temporarily drop the front ride height? Seems to me this might be a good surragate to test the hypothesis that the vibrations are a result of the increased angle from the CV joints? Sort of the opposite scenario of loading up your trunk with weight.

Seems like maybe just having a couple of guys sit (carefully) over the front wheel wells might compress the suspension enough to test for vibrations. Maybe with a tape measurer you could measure the depression of the suspension with 1-2 people compressing the front end. Just a guess, but I would assume you could get a simulated 1-2 inch drop up front with 1-2 people weighting down the front end. Then your could assess teh vibrations at idol in "D" or "R".
Old 12-28-09, 12:33 AM
arnieosp
Racer

Originally Posted by Paul_in_PA

Has anyone tried to test this theory with a stock OEM wheel and suspension set up (and which does not have any identified vibration issues) by loading the front end with extra weight to temporarily drop the front ride height?....

...Seems like maybe just having a couple of guys sit (carefully) over the front wheel wells might compress the suspension enough to test for vibrations.
I can provide a couple of fat guys in no time. Are you willing to let them sit on YOUR Lexus? Carefully, of course.
Old 10-14-10, 12:25 PM
jackballer
Driver

Dude my AWD does not sit that high in the front with stocks on. Maybe some just sit higher that others???? Mine is a 2006. I think im going to get the fsports too.
Old 10-14-10, 01:35 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jackballer

Dude my AWD does not sit that high in the front with stocks on. Maybe some just sit higher that others???? Mine is a 2006. I think im going to get the fsports too.
That's pretty high man. You can probably fit your fist sideways in there!!!

Quick Reply: 07 AWD Lowered with F-Sport Springs! (Pics)